Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: LeBron's shooting

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    well Kobe wasnt able to in game 7 with his 6-24 FG
    Sorry bro, but teams don't give wide open jumpers to Kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I was surprised how they were playing him with some of those threes.. Like staying TEN feet off him and letting him dribble into a rythym where it literally was a practice shot smh..

You have to crowd him a bit and then when he drives step back completely leaving him open for the long two. That's what they were doing in the past.. No idea why they gave him wide open threes like that.

well Kobe wasnt able to in game 7 with his 6-24 FG
    lol, was he wide open with 2 feet of space in front of him?

thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Hmm i wonder why...maybe because Kobe couldnt drive to the basket for shit in the past few years and is always relying on taking fade aways and low percentage shots?

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    lol, was he wide open with 2 feet of space in front of him?

thanks buddy
    why would they they give him space? its not like Kobe is as dangerous as Lebron when it comes to driving to the basket. The defenders play him tight because they are more afraid of his fade aways than his driving abilities

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Well then he shoulda drove to the basket. But he couldn't do it and didn't do it, because he wasn't good enough.

Local High School Star

why would they they give him space? its not like Kobe is as dangerous as Lebron when it comes to driving to the basket. The defenders play him tight because they are more afraid of his fade aways than his driving abilities
    Kobe prefers to shoot jumpers because it looks cooler.

It doesn't matter that it's a lower percentage shot because it's not as good for YouTube mixes.

Banned

Hmm i wonder why...maybe because Kobe couldnt drive to the basket for shit in the past few years and is always relying on taking fade aways and low percentage shots?
    Hmmmmm, in his prime Kobe would destroy you in the triple threat, and would never be given WIDE OPEN SHOTS.

You're acting like Lebron blew past a fat ass Boris Diaw, being single covered. Yes, when he gets to the rim, he's met by multiple defenders (just like any superstar ), but he couldn't initially get past a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Banned

It's funny. You guys are just gonna act like Lebron is this deadly, skilled assassin, when suckas were starting, "I'm done with Lebron" threads just a few days ago.

Worst stans in the history of the NBA.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Well then he shoulda drove to the basket. But he couldn't do it and didn't do it, because he wasn't good enough.
    Did you even watch Kobe in his prime? WTF.

Very good NBA starter

C'mon guys. Stop hating.

Hitting WIDE OPEN jumpers is legendary stuff.

Hmmmmm, in his prime Kobe would destroy you in the triple threat, and would never be given WIDE OPEN SHOTS.

You're acting like Lebron blew past a fat ass Boris Diaw, being single covered. Yes, when he gets to the rim, he's met by multiple defenders (just like any superstar ), but he couldn't initially get past a fat ass Boris Diaw.
    And still Kobe was never as efficient as Lebron...whats your point? are you trying to say that the Spurs purposely let Lebron score? they had no other way to stop him other than giving him those shots.

and obviously you`re not gonna blow by anyone when all your defender does is give you space to deny the drive and give you the shot. He was getting to the rim pretty much at will when he was guarded tight by Leonard and kicking it out for wide open shots for his teammates

Banned

And still Kobe was never as efficient as Lebron...whats your point? are you trying to say that the Spurs purposely let Lebron score? they had no other way to stop him other than giving him those shots.

and obviously you`re not gonna blow by anyone when all your defender does is give you space to deny the drive and give you the shot.
    Let me reiterate. Lebron couldn't get past OR hit a jumper on a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Yes, you heard me correct. He couldn't get past a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Boris Diaw was guarding Lebron. Yes, I said it.

Where was Lebron's post game? His vaunted and "improved" post game.

Let me reiterate. Lebron couldn't get past OR hit a jumper on a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Yes, you heard me correct. He couldn't get past a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Boris Diaw was guarding Lebron. Yes, I said it.

Where was Lebron's post game? His vaunted and "improved" post game.
    Lebron averaged 25pts, 11rebs and 7 ast on 45%FG and 35% from 3point while making clutch plays and knocking down 5 threes in game 7. I guess thats called being shutdown nowadays

Banned

Lebron averaged 25pts, 11rebs and 7 ast on 45%FG and 35% from 3point while making clutch plays and knocking down 5 threes in game 7. I guess thats called being shutdown nowadays
    A majority of his efficient scoring came from stat padding/front running time.

Let me reiterate. He couldn't get past a fat ass Diaw.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't rewrite history, and act like Lebron shut it down in the Finals. If you have any ounce of credibility, you're not gonna act like Lebron was dominant.