Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ray Allen's Three Is Now Top 3 All Time Clutch Shots In NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    What's wrong with you dude? It was 10 seconds left in the game, put down the sandwich and put all eyes on the TV I was standing nervously sensing the end lol
    Actually, i am watching the game and eating the same time,, have a hard time

swallowing the food.. so tense, and when the time i was about to swallow, ray

hit that dagger.. then i spitted it out...

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    That's why Ray is such a singularly laudable shooter in the game's history. There are only a handful of guys who could be put in that situation and make that shot. Dude didn't even flinch.
    Guys like this come in from the COLD. chewing gum showing ZERO emotions.

This was a stone cold killer.

Down 3 pts.....about to lose championship......back peddling.....not even looking at the 3 pt line.....goes straight up & leans in a bit to make sure the ball clears front of the rim.....perfect arc & release..... & the rest is a stuff of legends.

This is now the most imp basket ever made in MIA franchise history!

2nd to none.

this might actually be the greatest shot ever made to win a title.

I usually hit open layups

5secs....

5secs....

5 secs away from the landscape of the NBA changing DRAMATICALLY. ..

legacies altered...

Coaching moves, free agent signings, draft choices all effected by one shot...

That 1 shot changed the stories of 2 of the top 10 players of all time ...name me a basket with that many legacies on the line.

In the Autobiography of Lebron and Duncan...they'll both have chapters called "Thanks Ray" lol

What a crazy shot

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KayHaven
    5secs....

5secs....

legacies altered...

That 1 shot changed the stories of 2 of the top 10 players of all time ...name me a basket with that many legacies on the line.

In the Autobiography of Lebron and Duncan...they'll both have chapters called "Thanks Ray" lol

What a crazy shot
    So much this. The only shot I can think of off the top of my head that come close is MJ's shot in 98'.

The NBA changed so much with Ray's shot.

-Miami big three gets broken up, probably considered a failure.
    -Spoelstra fired
    -Lebron crucified, because of the missed shots, turnovers and poor play in game 6
    -Duncan 5-5 finals, no way he gets left out the top 10 if he wins
    -Popovich coaching resume gets bolstered big time
    -Lebron decision 2014?
    -so much more it's impossible to list

Local High School Star

Nice camera angle. Looks like Tony Parker is fellating him and praising Jeebus.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KayHaven
    5secs....

5secs....

legacies altered...

What a crazy shot

pretty much this

"the shot"

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fhwqXmUMk

this saved the title for LA in the real nba finals ( at the time, wcf was the last real series )

and it was a game winning buzzer beater

rays was a game tieing shot not at the buzzer

horrys shot is better

if the lakers won the title in 2004 fishers shot would be #1

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Clutchest pass ever by Bosh.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Miami knocked out Celtics in 7 games last year, this year they steal Ray for less money and he helps them win another ring. Too funny.... Go eat shit Danny Ainge.
    This is why people don't like Heat fans. This is why Lebron gets so much shit on this board.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

this saved the title for LA in the real nba finals ( at the time, wcf was the last real series )

horrys shot is better

its debatable but I just don't see it...like me and a few ppl have said rays shot was literally do or die...he misses and the series is over...horry misses and the lakers still have game 5...given the circumstances rays shot was better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

horrys shot is better

No. The degree of difficulty that Ray had in his shot made it much better.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

it's a pretty storied league, don't know about top 3. But in terms of coldbloodedness combined with level of difficulty, it's definitely up there at the top

Top 3? A non-game winner in a Game 6? Nope.

Great shot... maybe a Top 10... but the league has seen bigger.

I think it can be argued number 1 personally..Spurs would of been champions without it.