Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kevin Love drops 25 pounds in the offseason

Hope he maintains the 'brick wall' like presence in his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Shaq was always one of those players who "got in shape as the season went along" ala wade, etc.

and wtf at love dude looks like hes been on meth.
    You're kidding?

Shaq would be bloated by the end of the season.

College superstar

How does a pro athlete become 25 pounds over weight anyway. They work out for a living!

If it helps his game good luck to him. Would have him on the Bulls any day of the week.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Shaq was always one of those players who "got in shape as the season went along" ala wade, etc.

and wtf at love dude looks like hes been on meth.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

It would do worlds for the Timberwolves if this improves Love's defense. I'm guessing he'll at least be a little better, right? Twenty-five pounds should improve your offensive game and defensive game in today's league IMO. Love is going for an all around offensive game anyway. What did he shoot for threes last year, like 40%? It'll do wonders for his 'tween game too.

Saw a basketball once andthefoul's Avatar

Based on earlier comments stating that he also had surgery to fix an under-bite, did anyone consider that perhaps his under-bite was way strong and actually carried most of the 25 pounds he lost?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    All these threads about players losing weight got me curious , so I was lookin' at Andray Blatche's twitter.

"LOL cant wait to get back n the gym"

I think it's appropriate that a statement about Blatche working out starts with "LOL"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Maybe now he will be able to play ANY kind of defense this season. Unless he's too busy just trying to lead the league in rebounds again. I know in every Kevin Love thread I come off as a "hater", but frankly to me if you can't play defense and in this case actually HURT YOUR TEAM DEFENSIVELY AS A BIG MEN I have absolutely zero respect for you. What Kevin Love did last year means shit to me until he actually starts being a two way player...there are two parts to this game Kevin...put the ball in the hoop...and then maybe nobody every told you this...STOP THE OPPOSING TEAM FROM PUTTING THE BALL IN THE HOOP.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-06-2011 at 06:16 PM.

I don't know, I feel like the idea of being a little beefier for grabbing boards is overrated. What about Dennis Rodman? He was always a lean guy.

I know putting Love in the same discussion as Rodman, in terms of rebounding, is a big statement. But I think considering the season he had last year, it can be considered. I think he'll be fine and look forward to watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Maybe now he will be able to play ANY kind of defense this season. Unless he's too busy just trying to lead the league in rebounds again. I know in every Kevin Love thread I come off as a "hater", but frankly to me if you can't play defense and in this case actually HURT YOUR TEAM DEFENSIVELY AS A BIG MEN I have absolutely zero respect for you. What Kevin Love did last year means shit to me until he actually starts being a two way player...there are two parts to this game Kevin...put the ball in the hoop...and then maybe nobody every told you this...STOP THE OPPOSING TEAM FROM PUTTING THE BALL IN THE HOOP.
    I feel you but don't downplay the importance of rebounding. Now yes, he padded his stats last year for sure. But getting the rebound means you only give the opponent one shot per possession. Keep doing that over the course of a game and it's a big difference.