Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone catch the latest episode of ramsays nightmares?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Probably just to see how bad it is.
    I don't think it is bad at all. Before the show, the negative poor rating on Yelp was at less than 1% with 5 stars being the majority, then it jumped 150%. Ramsey has a reputation of hating on every dish he taste. For the regular folks like us that rave and rant about five guys, whatever she's cooking is probably going to be off the chain. That pizza Ramsey wanted them to throw away, looks a lot better than anything at Dominos or Papa Johns.

I think the show would of went a bit longer if he approached the management style (which is the reason why the producers heard about the restaurant to begin with) and then work his way towards the food. It doesn't look like she will waver on her food. Still would bone her though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Well, I'm not paying to be served shitty food with even worse service, especially knowing the shithead owner keeps the tips for himself. Maybe that's just me, though.
    If the employees are willing to work there knowing tips are withheld, why should i care if they themselves accepted it? Seems like a non-issue.

the show is scripted dude... and like i said earlier, i've yet to go to a restaurant and find something wrong with EVERY plate like Ramsay. And apparently their menu is quite vast with over 65 items.

Quote Originally Posted by StocktonFan
    If the employees are willing to work there knowing tips are withheld, why should i care if they themselves accepted it? Seems like a non-issue.

the show is scripted dude... and like i said earlier, i've yet to go to a restaurant and find something wrong with EVERY plate like Ramsay. And apparently their menu is quite vast with over 65 items.
    Well yeah, I guess I forgot for a second that everything on TV is scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by StocktonFan

You've never been to Appleby's?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    actually i havn't - but that's not exactly a mom and pop either.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

funny that ramsey got fooled by the deserts

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I don't think it is bad at all. Before the show, the negative poor rating on Yelp was at less than 1% with 5 stars being the majority, then it jumped 150%. Ramsey has a reputation of hating on every dish he taste. For the regular folks like us that rave and rant about five guys, whatever she's cooking is probably going to be off the chain. That pizza Ramsey wanted them to throw away, looks a lot better than anything at Dominos or Papa Johns.

I think the show would of went a bit longer if he approached the management style (which is the reason why the producers heard about the restaurant to begin with) and then work his way towards the food. It doesn't look like she will waver on her food. Still would bone her though.
    Lots of those 5 stars are awfully suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner put those up to "offset" the bad reviews.

It may not be as consistently bad as suggested. She may make a good dish here and there, but that attitude they had seems almost consistent with older reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    hes a professional chef (one of the most successful in the world) going into failing restaurants. Of course he finds tons of stuff wrong.

it was ****ing raw. it took an hour for him to get nothing. if you see nothing wrong with this terrible restaurant, you must be a complete fool. she cant even cook a burger to temp

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    His American shows are. He had a UK version of the show that was much better. More about the food and running of a kitchen and less about the "drama" and relationship stuff that gets put up front. He didn't carry on as much either, less swearing and yelling.
    That's so true.

This says more about what americans prefer to watch, everything is always suppose to be so god damn dramatic when it comes to american television. Hell, even the commercials are dramatic..

The UK version is way better and you mentioned why.

I watched it, and it's just a couple of psychos. Nothing really special... They facilitate each other, as many couples do...

NBA rookie of the year

After seeing that episode I only have thing to say, WOW!

Haha, what the **** did I just see? The show is obviously scripted from beginning to end and in almost every episode we see Gordon fighting with the owners but not like this.

This time the guy barely had the opportunity to say anything before he got some stupid reply back. And the owner that fired the girl for saying "are you sure?" and the man fighting with the two guys because they didn't want to pay for a pizza they never got?

These people are obviously mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    it was ****ing raw. it took an hour for him to get nothing. if you see nothing wrong with this terrible restaurant, you must be a complete fool. she cant even cook a burger to temp

You're such a tool for the media.

Ramsey's taste buds are probably 10x more potent than the regular joe; I'm sure at one point in your life you probably said to yourself a hotpocket is a 5 star meal, so seriously, stop acting like a tool and taking everything at face value: you're not chef Ramsey and you sure as hell will be gouging on that burger like a Jew just walking out of a concentration camp.

I might not like the b*tch, but at least I'm not dumb enough to believe everything exaggerated on that show.

You're such a tool for the media.

Ramsey's taste buds are probably 10x more potent than the regular joe; I'm sure at one point in your life you probably said to yourself a hotpocket is a 5 star meal, so seriously, stop acting like a tool and taking everything at face value: you're not chef Ramsey and you sure as hell will be gouging on that burger like a Jew just walking out of a concentration camp.

I might not like the b*tch, but at least I'm not dumb enough to believe everything exaggerated on that show.
    I am not saying there is no exaggeration (its reality tv, hello), but I think you underestimate many people with your statements. I was actually trained under a CIA chef and learned the 5 mother sauces, etc. I have a deep seated interest in food and foodways. Now, I am not saying everyone has the sophisticated palette of Ramsey and would discern subtle flavor combinations, but raw ****ing dough is raw ****ing dough. Not being able to cook meat to temp is a flaw in the most basic line-cook. Most restaurants arent actually very good. Of course ramsey exaggerates at times.

Besides, I thought your dumbass quit the site.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    I am not saying there is no exaggeration (its reality tv, hello), but I think you underestimate many people with your statements. I was actually trained under a CIA chef and learned the 5 mother sauces, etc. I have a deep seated interest in food and foodways. Now, I am not saying everyone has the sophisticated palette of Ramsey and would discern subtle flavor combinations, but raw ****ing dough is raw ****ing dough. Not being able to cook meat to temp is a flaw in the most basic line-cook. Most restaurants arent actually very good. Of course ramsey exaggerates at times.

Besides, I thought your dumbass quit the site.

You were a spy? [COLOR="White"]I'm kidding!![/COLOR]