Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #76
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Only 4 teams have chance to win championship this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Highest chances:

Lakers
Boston
Magics
Cavaliers

no order.

honorable mentions: Jazz and Hornets
gotta love the magic homer adding his two cents. no really guys, this magic team is for real. please believe me.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #77
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Celtics are still the best team IMO. Im still not convinced the Lakers can beat them because their still a soft team IMO. They turn soft once they see East Coast physicalness (Celtics,Pistons and Cavs) on the floor.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #78
Ēross√er
I trust me!

Ēross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Celtics are still the best team IMO. Im still not convinced the Lakers can beat them because their still a soft team IMO. They turn soft once they see East Coast physicalness (Celtics,Pistons and Cavs) on the floor.

I'll ignore the fact we didn't have a confidant Farmar in last year's playoffs, if we had both Ariza and Bynum (the way they are playing right now) I have no ****ing hesitations to say we would have definitely beaten Boston.

Ariza would have given Pierce fits, not just Pierce but the entire Boston team. He would have helped us on the glass (where Boston dominated us), he would have played the passing lanes and would have blocked shots...having Gasol & Bynum in the middle brings automatic intimidation due to their size, and of course no way in hell would Boston exploit our interior defense the way they did last season not to mention Bynum brings shot blocking and rebounding.

Sorry, but if the situation was reversed, if Boston were missing Allen and LA were fully healthy (I'm not even talking about Bynum/Ariza...Walton, Fisher were both injured), we would be the champions right now.

I'm not saying Boston doesn't have a chance at beating LA, they certainly do and I don't think the series will end in 5 games, or maybe even 6. But this Laker team is a lot better then the team that got beat by Boston last year.
Ēross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #79
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ēross√er
I'll ignore the fact we didn't have a confidant Farmar in last year's playoffs, if we had both Ariza and Bynum (the way they are playing right now) I have no ****ing hesitations to say we would have definitely beaten Boston.

Jus cause you tell your something over and over again doesn't make it true. Did Bynum play in the 1st Celtics-Lakers matchup last season, I swore he did and didn't make a whole lot of difference either.

Quote:

Ariza would have given Pierce fits, not just Pierce but the entire Boston team. He would have helped us on the glass (where Boston dominated us), he would have played the passing lanes and would have blocked shots...having Gasol & Bynum in the middle brings automatic intimidation due to their size, and of course no way in hell would Boston exploit our interior defense the way they did last season not to mention Bynum brings shot blocking and rebounding.

And the evidence to support this is where??? Because I don't know if you know this or not but Ariza played on the Knicks and Magic. And never demonstrated the ability to even bother Paul, forget about giving him fits. Lets not even get into the fact that Ariza attempted to guard Pierce in the Finals, and it was much of the same.

Lets keep it real, Noone in the league is intimidated by anyone on the lakers roster, except Kobe in the 4th quarter. Now people respect the talent level of the Lakers, becasue the Lakers can put it on you in a hurry. But intimidate, please. Initimidation comes from physicality, and as of yet the Lakers still are not very physical.

Last edited by Celts34 : 11-29-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #80
jinsanity
I hit open layups

jinsanity has an OK reputation so far

Ariza has improved since last season for sure and has become a solid role player for the Lakers.

But at the same time, I remember Ariza in the finals last year, where Phil brought him on to defend Paul Pierce for moments. Oooh, it was flat out embarrasing for Ariza.Absolutely gave the yougster fits. Pierce scored against Ariza at will, drawing fouls while doing it. Pierce straight out abused Ariza.

I know Ariza has improved somewhat, but the fact that Pierce totally owned him in the finals, and the way he did it is still in my memory, so I still have some doubt I must admit.
jinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #81
Ēross√er
I trust me!

Ēross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected posterĒross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34
Jus cause you tell your something over and over again doesn't make it true. Did Bynum play in the 1st Celtics-Lakers matchup last season, I swore he did and didn't make a whole lot of difference either.

And the evidence to support this is where??? Because I don't know if you know this or not but Ariza played on the Knicks and Magic. And never demonstrated the ability to even bother Paul, forget about giving him fits. Lets not even get into the fact that Ariza attempted to guard Pierce in the Finals, and it was much of the same. Lets keep it real, Noone in the league is intimidated by anyone on the lakers roster, except Kobe in the 4th quarter

Yeah because we're clearly witnessing the same team we did last season, right? Lets overlook the depth, length and defensive intensity shall we?

It is not about Ariza playing on the Knicks or the Magic, it's about how he's playing for this current Laker team healthy. He has been nothing short of spectacular for us this season, defensively, rebounding wise, his movement without the ball is essential to the type of offense LA runs. His perimeter game has improved from last season, he's a completely different player this season. If you actually think his presence defensively won't matter because Pierce had success against Ariza in his Magic/Knicks days when the guy was what 20 years old back them?

Bynum struggled against Boston last season in two games, but right now he's 2nd in BPG and gets a good share of rebounds for us. Plus he'll give Boston fits with those lob passes.

And I love how you tried to support your evidence of Ariza not being able to guard Pierce by outlining how he couldn't do so in last years playoffs when coming off an injury, not really being in game shape and getting like what 3-4 MPG?

This Laker team is significantly better then last year's version.
Boston faced a Laker team without Bynum, or healthy Ariza. Farmar's confidence was gone all post-season long.

Those are easily our 4-7th best players on the roster (along with Fish), and at the very least...Bynum/Ariza's presence this season is equivalent to Ray Allen for Boston.

But it's Ok, keep thinking you beat a Laker team at full strength. And keep repeating to yourself that having Ariza/Bynum last season wouldn't have made a difference.

Last edited by Ēross√er : 11-29-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #82
Ēross√er
I trust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34
Initimidation comes from physicality, and as of yet the Lakers still are not very physical.

Intimidation doesn't come from skill/talent, length and depth?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: