Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Stan Van Gundy Hired as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations

Well, what do you guys think? Reportedly 5 years 35 million. Any chance he trades Josh Smith right away?

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy Hired as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations

Here's to hoping....

If he can package Smith and Jennings for #2 to Magic, that would be sweet haha,

Actually works well for Magic from a positional standpoint...

I just want to see something happen, make a statement or two with some bold moves...

Local High School Star

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy Hired as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Here's to hoping....

If he can package Smith and Jennings for #2 to Magic, that would be sweet haha,

Actually works well for Magic from a positional standpoint...

I just want to see something happen, make a statement or two with some bold moves...
    Right haha. Send us back the #2 and Oladipo... We can only wish

Svg stating he's not keeping Monroe. Maybe because Smith can (being very forgiving here) shoot the three ball and he wants an Orlando like system from inside out.

😞

Well ^^ If that is true, not keeping Monroe is a better option than keeping both Monroe and Smith - they just can not coexist as we have found out.

I want Smith gone, but lets face it, strictly as a PF he is quite effective, and perhaps even more so next to Dre...

Well ^^ If that is true, not keeping Monroe is a better option than keeping both Monroe and Smith - they just can not coexist as we have found out.

I want Smith gone, but lets face it, strictly as a PF he is quite effective, and perhaps even more so next to Dre...
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-agency-rumors

I'll agree with it. This also helps keep our transition game and keep athleticism on defense, which Monroe lacked.

Here is to hoping SVG can reign in Jennings and make him the PG we need. If KCP can get his shot down, we can stretch the floor with Jennings, KCP, Gigi, Singler, and Billups, if we pick up his option. Singler showed some stuff at the end of last year.

^^ I beliee there will always be a spot on the team for Singler due to his hard work, hustle, passion, grit, blue collar style team orientated game... It was just a mega bonus that he became someone of a knock down shooter in the 2nd half of last year... Still think he is better suited coming off the bench playing 18-20 minutes...

Good college starter

Stan Van Gundy said that he wants to keep Monroe but if they can't agree on a deal they will try to work out a sign and trade to try to bring in a shooter. The Lakers, Hornets, and Pelicans are interested in him.

He also said that he looking to trade Josh Smith but his value is low.

Who do you think the Pistons could get for Monroe?

I wouldn't be opposed to a New Orleans trade:
    Al-Farouq Aminu and Ryan Anderson for Monroe.

Thought?

Anderson knows how to play in SVG's system already and Aminu a work horse that just gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Stan Van Gundy said that he wants to keep Monroe but if they can't agree on a deal they will try to work out a sign and trade to try to bring in a shooter. The Lakers, Hornets, and Pelicans are interested in him.

He also said that he looking to trade Josh Smith but his value is low.

Who do you think the Pistons could get for Monroe?
    The Atlanta Hawks have also expressed interest.

Would we start Anderson or bring him off the bench?? Aminu is a good role player, I think his best bball is yet to be played - not worthy of the top 10 pick he was - but deff potential to be an athletic stopper

Would we start Anderson or bring him off the bench?? Aminu is a good role player, I think his best bball is yet to be played - not worthy of the top 10 pick he was - but deff potential to be an athletic stopper
    I'd say come off the bench. He never seemed to be a high maintenance player and may embrace that role. That could give him a good chance to be sixth man of the year. This way we could have a starting lineup that has Singler at the SF.

OR, try putting Ryan Anderson starting at SF. I understand this would put us at a disadvantage defensively at SF, but if you look at Orlando's starting lineup when they made the Finals run in 2009, they had Rashard Lewis and Ryan Anderson playing the SF and PF positions. Both players are PFs that don't play defense. Why did this work? They had a huge eraser in the middle. We'd have two erasers in the middle in Josh Smith and Andre Drummond.

It's not the perfect fit, but we would finally have the knock down 3-point shooter in the corner. And we have intangible players that can switch it up in the SF/PF positions to try and make this work if the game goes awry.

^^ I think I like the idea of having a really strong bench with plenty of depth... If a trade like this went through I would like to have Anderson off the bench as you said - as a legit 6th man of the year type role...

I would be looking to upgrade a SF though, doesn't have to be a superstar but someone who is a little more dynamic in this league than Singler. I would love to see Gallinari line up as starting SF for us for example - not a superstar but definitely a very solid team oriented starter in this league (25 years of age too, and after surgery could be cheaper than market price). Someone around this caliber of player... Someone who would compliment Drummond with his range and passing skills - and we would probably have the luxury as you said of not necessarily needing (although it would be nice) a defensive SF if we have Smith at PF to switch onto the Lebrons / Melo's / KD's of the league and Dre to protect the rim...

Anyone else have any more Monroe trade ideas?...

NBA lottery pick

It's a horrible idea to trade Monroe just for the sake of making a move. I was really worried about this. He's a very good player and the rumored trades just aren't giving Detroit fair value back in return. Now we're seeing rumors of Isiah Thomas being a minority owner of the team too. This franchise could be stuck in a really bad spot.

^^ I hear ya, but there is noooo way I want to enter the 2015 season with Monroe AND Smith on our roster, it just does not work at all... And I just think Smith is just about untradeable due to his contract and poor 2014...

In a perfect world I would love to keep Dre and Monroe and piss Smith off