Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Rank these 2nd tier PF'sfrom the past 25 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I agree . But every player has some lacks . This isn't mean he wasn't good defender .
    Slapping at defenders when you get burned by them is pretty bad D, and certainly takes him down from being near the top of those PFs at D.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Goro
    Because Randolph was good for good teams too despite bad D. Not sure how you can even compare the 2. Shareef never even made the playoffs.

Randolph has more 20/10 seasons and his best seasons his best seasons he had respectable fg% (hovering around 50%). Meanwhile when Shareef was at his peak, he was closer to 45% fg. Reef made his name for playing for the bottom of the barrel. Randolph made his actually helping teams win.

All of that said, I had Randolph ranked last when I ranked the original list of guys we were asked to rank. I clearly don't gush over him.
    Seems as though we agree for the most part, and anything beyond that is just nitpicking. Just want to point out that I can't think of a single player that shot a better percentage as the go-to player on a bad team than they did as a supporting player on a good team. So to use FG% as an argument against Shareef seems silly.

There may be other, more appropriate ways in which Randolph is better, but other than superior rebounding I see nothing separating them.

That said, I'm not familiar with your name, but you speak intelligently about the game, and I enjoy and appreciate it. I hope you continue to be active, and that our paths cross more in the future.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Did Pauk seriously rate Pau as a better defender than Sheed

I thought Amar'e sucks at D though?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Did Pauk seriously rate Pau as a better defender than Sheed

And that wasn't even the most ridiculous thing in his defensive rankings: he had Bosh ranked last somehow .

I see a lot of folks counting JO as a center. True he did play center also, but at his best he was a PF. Brad Miller was the starting center in Indiana for those years and he would start most all-star games alongside Ben Wallace.

Slapping at defenders when you get burned by them is pretty bad D, and certainly takes him down from being near the top of those PFs at D.
    Quit talking out your ass. Kemp was the best perimeter trapping player in the NBA. He was the reason the sonics were so good in half court pressure. When he was young I agree he was in foul trouble often but that's how the league officiated in the 90's. They would call the fouls on young players even when an older player committed the foul. The NBA was all about right to passage and then quit in mid 2000's. From 95 on he wasn't in constant foul trouble anymore. Plus there wasn't players burning him on D. He was one of the fastest players in the league, your whole assessment on him is wrong and garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    The un-debatable best five power forwards over the past 25+ years or so. With Duncan coming out on top and ranking the other four however you please. Barkley, Malone, Garnett, Duncan and Nowitzki.

There were a couple other guys making some rumbling of there owns. And for a while, a few of these were in the conversation as the best PF in the league. For for one reason or another, they just never panned out.

-Shawn Kemp
    -Chris Webber
    -Rasheed Wallace
    -Jermaine O'Neal
    -Pau Gasol
    -Zach Randolph
    -Amar'e Stoudameire
    -Chris Bosh

How would you rank these eight players?
    Kemp
    Webber

Wallace
    Bosh
    Gasol

O'Neal
    Randolph
    Stoudameire

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Kemp
    Webber

Wallace
    Bosh
    Gasol

O'Neal
    Randolph
    Stoudameire
    Your rankings might be worse than pauks. I'm not even sure you have an agenda though.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Your rankings might be worse than pauks. I'm not even sure you have an agenda though.
    You're a clown but it's okay. I went off skills and peak dominance against the group of players. Is this suppose to be a career list because that would look different.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Quit talking out your ass. Kemp was the best perimeter trapping player in the NBA. He was the reason the sonics were so good in half court pressure. When he was young I agree he was in foul trouble often but that's how the league officiated in the 90's. They would call the fouls on young players even when an older player committed the foul. The NBA was all about right to passage and then quit in mid 2000's. From 95 on he wasn't in constant foul trouble anymore. Plus there wasn't players burning him on D. He was one of the fastest players in the league, your whole assessment on him is wrong and garbage.
    lol, I'm talking out of my ass but you say he stopped getting in foul trouble from 95 on? Is that why he was 1 foul away from being the foul leader for 1995 and 1996? He led the league in fouls in 96-97 and 99-00. He was 3rd in fouls in 1998.

lol, I'm talking out of my ass but you say he stopped getting in foul trouble from 95 on? Is that why he was 1 foul away from being the foul leader for 1995 and 1996? He led the league in fouls in 96-97 and 99-00. He was 3rd in fouls in 1998.
    Yeah that includes technical fouls too which he was notorious for but it didn't make him a bad defender. He struck fear in his opponents.