Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has Dwight Howard declined greatly?

He's still averaging 15/12 and shooting 60%+. Is he in steep decline or does he just need to find the right team?

Default Re: Has Dwight Howard declined greatly?

Statistically, and even moreso impact-wise, Dwight was actually never that great.

People are just finally noticing now, since there is a much lower volume, of the only thing he really ever offerred a team, at an elite level: highlight dunks/blocks.

he was never good

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    He's still averaging 15/12 and shooting 60%+. Is he in steep decline or does he just need to find the right team?

don't rely on stats. rely on the eye test. does Dwight look like the same guy that put fear in the hearts of offenses. Does he jump off the screen when you watch him play now? I expect Dwight to be a bench player soon. Its just crazy how one injury can change the trajectory of your career. That back injury really changed him his last year in orlando

I rule the local playground

He still scores pretty efficiently on the pnr but the Rockets don't do it nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    he was never good
    These ****ing trolls

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Harden controls so much of the Rockets' offense. Dwight could go to a team where he can get more touches and would probably put up much better numbers.

Decent playground baller

Yes, of course. How is this even a question?

He hasn't declined. He just playing normally. He was never an good offensive player only so so.

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

He's never been the same since his finals run in Orlando. Success went to his head. To me, it seems since that point, he "deserved" and "earned" the right to be a superstar who you can build a team around, and he pouted and withdrew when it wasnt given to him. He can't handle being the man.

The next team to sign him to a max deal this summer will regret that entire contract.

not many of his former players care for him....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...akers/1969913/

The nature of his game was never built for longevity. It doesn't help that the game has moved further and further out to the perimeter, and he hasn't evolved his game beyond his prime Magic days, and he's not the same level of athlete post-back surgery. At 30 he should be at his peak, as a big man, had his game evolved the same way past great centers did.

I recently bought access to the Pro basketball Focus stats and Dwights were shocking. His defense is 6th worst in the NBA among centers who play more than 15mpg. I was thinking that some team could sell Dwight on being a defensive anchor and not focus on offense but he's trash on defense now. Shame

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegod
    He's never been the same since his finals run in Orlando. Success went to his head. To me, it seems since that point, he "deserved" and "earned" the right to be a superstar who you can build a team around, and he pouted and withdrew when it wasnt given to him. He can't handle being the man.

The next team to sign him to a max deal this summer will regret that entire contract.

not many of his former players care for him....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...akers/1969913/
    I remember this. I think Dwight did not think before he said this but I don't think he meant it. Think about it..if nobody wanted those guys they wouldn't be in the nba...one thing I will say about the nba its not a sympathy league....if you cant make the cut ya ass is in the dleague....its that simple.

Has Decline Howard dwighted early?

College superstar

I hope that Dwight realizes that he had exactly what he wanted in Orlando with SVG coaching.

I believe Dwight still has it in him to play like he did when he was in Orlando, he's just not motivated because he realizes that Harden is a much better offensive player than himself and people view the Rockets as Harden's team.