Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Mike Wilbon : "1 of the Big 3 is Gone Next Season, I think we all Know Who that is."

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    That's so stupid. They make it to the NBA finals and almost won a ring in their first season together (with a pretty bad supporting cast, except Haslem, Mario and Miller). If they learned anything from the past champions (except Boston), they need time to gel and if Bosh/Wade/LeBron all get on the same page (and despite what others say, it's def possible), that team will be hard to stop.
    What did Boston did wrong? Miami was copying the Big 3 concept from Boston.
    Making to the finals is one thing, winning one is another. They got to the finals this year does not guarantee another trip to the final and win it all. You are just assuming they will let go of the ego, gel in, and play in harmony all out of a sudden... keep dreaming.

Default Re: Mike Wilbon : "1 of the Big 3 is Gone Next Season, I think we all Know Who that is."

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    That's so stupid. They make it to the NBA finals and almost won a ring in their first season together (with a pretty bad supporting cast, except Haslem, Mario and Miller). If they learned anything from the past champions (except Boston), they need time to gel and if Bosh/Wade/LeBron all get on the same page (and despite what others say, it's def possible), that team will be hard to stop.
    What did Boston did wrong? Miami was copying the Big 3 concept from Boston.
    Making to the finals is one thing, winning one is another. They got to the finals this year does not guarantee another trip to the final and win it all. You are just assuming they will let go of the ego, gel in, and play in harmony all out of a sudden... keep dreaming.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

The pieces don't fit.

Why don't you all get this?

No one is going anywhere.

I hate to break everyone's bubble, but the Heat had a VERY SUCCESSFUL SEASON. In their first season together, they got all the way to Game 6 of the NBA Finals. That's better than 28 other teams trying to get to the same place.

Only Bosh, if anyone, would be traded and I don't think that's happening either. This unit will have at least one more season together minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider007
    No rivalry between orlando and LA over that.

Just passing on links to back up my post.
    There's no rivalry but do you really think he'd be more bitter about some team upstate that has never beat him in the playoffs than the team that his magic got stomped by in the finals?

Dwight2Chicago

6 months later ....

Baller Status

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    lebron for d howard + scrubs

I was thinking trading D.Howard outright for D.Wade. LeBron needs a dominant big man like D.Howard reminiscent of Prime Shaq and Kobe. I just don't think D.Wade brings anything to the table that LeBron doesn't already.

LeBron could've consistently put up 50+ pt. games on the regular if D.Wade didn't get in his way. LeBron felt obligated to get D.Wade the ball, because D.Wade was too stubborn to step aside and do what's best for the team, by becoming LeBron's sidekick.

Their styles clash. LeBron and D.Howard would compliment eachother perfectly. So trade Wade for Howard, call it a day, and everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    I was thinking trading D.Howard outright for D.Wade. LeBron needs a dominant big man like D.Howard reminiscent of Prime Shaq and Kobe. I just don't think D.Wade brings anything to the table that LeBron doesn't already.

LeBron could've consistently put up 50+ pt. games on the regular if D.Wade didn't get in his way. LeBron felt obligated to get D.Wade the ball, because D.Wade was too stubborn to step aside and do what's best for the team, by becoming LeBron's sidekick.

Their styles clash. LeBron and D.Howard would compliment eachother perfectly. So trade Wade for Howard, call it a day, and everyone's happy.
    i was wondering why wade doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract. isn't it 7 years with the same team, you can get that clause put into your contracT?

Wade / Dwight / Bosh is actually a pretty likeable trio. One that I would support maybe half the time.

On the flip side, if its just a straight up trade, who would BronBron play with? Gilbert Arenas?

C - verrry empty space here and Gortat says hi
    PF - Hedo (Lebron would have to guard PF's)
    SF - Lebron
    SG - JRich
    PG - Nelson

lol at this team

I rule the local playground

lebronique jameskins ain;t going anywhere.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

OP link

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Trading Lebron would be hilarious.

Baller Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    OP link
    Did you not watch PTI today? Their first few segments were about the Finals/Heat/LeBron.

I just didn't like how he said that, and then didn't tell everyone who he thought that was. Just that we should "all already know." I was surprised Kornheiser didn't call him out on who he was talking about to clarify for those watchng, he usually does.

Bothered me because now I want to know for sure who he was talking about.

NBA rookie of the year

Bosh is the only one of the big three Miami would trade for Dwight.

And honestly, Orlando may not find a better player than that on the trade market for Dwight anyway.

Bynum is not as good as Bosh, neither is Westbrook. If I'm Miami that's the only offer I'd put on the table.

Most of you guys were saying Miami wouldn't beat Boston or Chicago in the first place, so they came a lot closer to a title than more than half this board thought in their very first season together.

Pat Riley isn't stupid, he's not going to blow that up, especially in a league where the Mavs are old, the Lakers are old, and the Celtics are old. The Heat still look great going forward as long as Dwight doesn't get dealt to Chicago or something.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 06-13-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    Did you not watch PTI today? Their first few segments were about the Finals/Heat/LeBron.

I just didn't like how he said that, and then didn't tell everyone who he thought that was. Just that we should "all already know." I was surprised Kornheiser didn't call him out on who he was talking about to clarify for those watchng, he usually does.

Bothered me because now I want to know for sure who he was talking about.

He probably was just talking out of his a## to get attention. I doubt the Heat have put thought into breaking up the team after losing in the finals after 1 year.