Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Baller Status

Default Mike Wilbon : "1 of the Big 3 is Gone Next Season, I think we all Know Who that is."

Ummm.. Did I miss anything? Why is it a foregone conclusion that one of the big 3 is getting dealt somewhere this off season? He said teams were already adjusting their rosters, and getting ready for that possible trade.

I first assumed he was talking about Bosh, but he had just got done ripping LeBron a new one.. So I was thinking, he must be talking about LeBron. Wilbon is a respected NBA analyst and insider, so I figure his word holds more weight than anyone else's on this forum.

So was I right in initially thinking he was talking about Bosh? Or was he really saying LeBron is the one who is getting traded from Miami? I mean, LeBron put the Heat on his back and carried them to the Finals, regardless of what happened in the Finals. I don't think you completely abandon him after only 1 season.

So who was Wilbon talking about? I know it wasn't Wade. Could only be Bosh or LeBron.. I don't think it's right to make Bosh the scapegoat and act like he is the reason why the Heat lost this finals. He showed more passion for the loss than LeBron did.

Banned

Default Re: Mike Wilbon : "1 of the Big 3 is Gone Next Season, I think we all Know Who that is."

Miami would not trade LeBron for anyone. The only guy worth trading him for is Dwight Howard and Miami still wouldn't do it.

Unless Michael Jordan suddenly got 20 years younger and wanted to take his talents to South Beach, LeBron is not going anywhere. Neither is Bosh.

Default Re: Mike Wilbon : "1 of the Big 3 is Gone Next Season, I think we all Know Who that is."

It would be dumb as f*ck to trade a key piece when your newly formed team just made the finals and played a competitive series. All this is in spite of the fact that your stars didn't play to their potential

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

For Wade and Miami's own sake, I hope it's LeBron. What he pulled off in the Finals goes to show you just can't trust someone like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    For Wade and Miami's own sake, I hope it's LeBron. What he pulled off in the Finals goes to show you just can't trust someone like that.
    this

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron hate goes to far. There is absolutely no way LeBron is traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Miami would not trade LeBron for anyone. The only guy worth trading him for is Dwight Howard and Miami still wouldn't do it.

Unless Michael Jordan suddenly got 20 years younger and wanted to take his talents to South Beach, LeBron is not going anywhere. Neither is Bosh.
    They wouldn't do LeBron for Howard? have you been drinking tonight?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Wilbon HAS to be talkin' out his ass.
    There is no way that Pat Riley and staff have already decided what to do.
    And even if they HAVE decided, then there is no way Wilbon would know at this point.

Having said that, I would be willing to trade Gasol for Lebron.
    Both of their girlfriends were cheating on them, so its an even trade.

That's so stupid. They make it to the NBA finals and almost won a ring in their first season together (with a pretty bad supporting cast, except Haslem, Mario and Miller). If they learned anything from the past champions (except Boston), they need time to gel and if Bosh/Wade/LeBron all get on the same page (and despite what others say, it's def possible), that team will be hard to stop.

NBA lottery pick

If I was Miami I wouldn

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

You're out of your damn mind.

I guarantee you they would also trade him for Durant tomorrow. Not because Durant is a better player, but he's a much better fit next to Wade. He's a more efficient scorer, equal rebounder and shotblocker, and he can play off of the ball plus he's much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Wilbon HAS to be talkin' out his ass.
    There is no way that Pat Riley and staff have already decided what to do.
    And even if they HAVE decided, then there is no way Wilbon would know at this point.

Having said that, I would be willing to trade Gasol for Lebron.
    Both of their girlfriends were cheating on them, so its an even trade.
    You're kidding, right?

It'd take Gasol, Bynum and more to get LeBron.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's just over-reacting, I think The Heat are the favorites next year if they keep their core together. They need to dump old guys who get by on reputation (Bibby, Juwan Howard, three of their centers) and round out the roster with young guys via late first round picks they buy from teams like Minnesota. They need to try to grab some zone-busting shooters, too, although Jones, Miller, and Chalmers really should suffice.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    You're kidding, right?

It'd take Gasol, Bynum and more to get LeBron.
    OK...Gasol plus Luke Walton for Lebron

Well it certainly can't be Wade or Bosh. That would just be retarded.