Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Being a choker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    wow another dirks a choker thread... funny how these things pop up but the OP actually never has anything to back up the nonsense they post... just a bad game....

all players have bad games.
    I know that it's hard to belive, i'm really sorry to break your bubble... but dirks not the only one who misses shots... happens to the best of them, that's why nobody has ever shot 100% on the season

so until somebody can sign buddah to a long term contract we will never see perfection played by even the best of them...
    One game? Did you watch the playoffs in 2006. If Wade cannot be considered elite due to injuries, then surely Dirk cannot be considered elite due to him chokeing in the playoffs and several other occasions. Also getting knocked out by the Warriors in the first round.

Surely if we can have stupid posts about Wade, we can have some about Nowitzki.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Being a choker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    One game? Did you watch the playoffs in 2006. If Wade cannot be considered elite due to injuries, then surely Dirk cannot be considered elite due to him chokeing in the playoffs and several other occasions.
    ahh i see a wade fan with an agenda? makes sense now

One game? Did you watch the playoffs in 2006. If Wade cannot be considered elite due to injuries, then surely Dirk cannot be considered elite due to him chokeing in the playoffs and several other occasions. Also getting knocked out by the Warriors in the first round.

How old are you?

ahh i see a wade fan with an agenda? makes sense now
    Agenda? Wade isn't even my favourite player on the team, just the fact that certain Mavs fans (-primetime-), seems to still be sulking about the 2006 playoffs and he makes pointless threads to bag our team. Might as well put my two cents in about what I think of his.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wade isnt considered elite due to injuries and SEVERE REF HELP.

Yes, I am a mavs fans but they are non-mavs fans out there that dont even consider wade's ring legit. Who would?

Dirk's choked once in the playoffs. The mavericks got knocked out by the warriors not Dirk.

Stats are overrated. And anyway if you look at a thread about 2-3 pages back you'll see merely that its a response to -primetime's- thread...
    He asked for some sort of evidence. What more can I do? Right now, you have not given us anything on Dirk choking. What other times has Dirk choked in the playoffs else from Rockets (we won the series) Heat and GSW? Out of 82 playoff games, show me some choking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    He asked for some sort of evidence. What more can I do? What other times has Dirk choked in the playoffs? Rockets (we won the series) Heat and GSW. Out of 82 playoff games, show me some choking.
    How can you honestly think that he isn't a choker?

Dirk never has won anything. Dirk never will win anything. Despite having one of the top teams in the league surrounding him (last year 70 win team) and because of his chokery they lose in the first round.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Wade isnt considered elite due to injuries and SEVERE REF HELP.

Yes, I am a mavs fans but they are non-mavs fans out there that dont even consider wade's ring legit. Who would?

Dirk's choked once in the playoffs. The mavericks got knocked out by the warriors not Dirk.
    the mavs did choke away that series..but the OP blaming dirk is wrong... last time i checked there are 12 guys on a playoff roster and there's always at least 5 of them on the court at any one time...

the mavs had the heat against the ropes and couldn't put em down..if you want to blame it on the refs, fine whatever helps you sleep at night...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

the mavs did choke away that series..but the OP blaming dirk is wrong... last time i checked there are 12 guys on a playoff roster and there's always at least 5 of them on the court at any one time...

the mavs had the heat against the ropes and couldn't put em down..if you want to blame it on the refs, fine whatever helps you sleep at night...
    The mavs choked against the heat with the ref's help. You cant act like that series was officiated fairly. So many phantom calls and non-calls...

The warriors were just a terrible match up for the mavs.

He's still got a long way to go to reach the level of the greatest choke artist of all time. Which would be Mr. Karl malone the Mailman himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove

Dirk never has won anything. Dirk never will win anything. Despite having one of the top teams in the league surrounding him (last year 70 win team) and because of his chokery they lose in the first round.
    Never said Dirk has never choked, but I wont call him a regular choker or a loser. Dirk having one of the top teams is all becaus of him. It is not becaus of the skill level of the other players, but becaus of him. He was the man last year. What happend was that Don Nelson outcoached Avery, while the players outplayed the Mavs. Did you watch that serie? If then, you might notice how ridiculous GSW was playing. They made 3points of one leg. Everytime they made a shoot, the whole crowed went crasy like I have never seen before. But can someone please give me some info about other games Dirk has choked? I got a couple of games in mind

Banned

Dirk's problem with game winners is that his team isn't built properly.. and becaus eof this teams can put small players on Dirk which takes away his perimter game.. Dirk can dominate these small players in the post.. but teams won't let him do that either.. they will take the ball out of his hands there toio by double and tripling him.. forcing the mavs weak shooters to take the shot..

So to blame Dirk for not hitting shots to win games is just ignorant.

The missed three in the Lakers game is a terrible example.. anytime you have to make a 3 point shot to tie or win a game youa re screwed.. especially with no time on the clock and Avery as your coach..

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove

Only guys that won more as their teams leader: Duncan, Shaq, Wade*

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Only guys that won more as their teams leader: Duncan, Shaq, Wade*
    You forgot Lebron.
    [COLOR="White"](He's beaten Kobe & the Lakers for the last few years, and that's REALLY important. PB says so and he knows stuff)[/COLOR]

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This guy cannot make a shot when his team needs it. He's proved it on several occasions including airballing a 3 this season for the win/tie. He will never be considered a great player (like Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Nash), as he is simply not clutch. The guy is simply a choker.

This should be considered when comparing players. Even though Dirk may average decent numbers, he cannot hit a shot in the last few minutes to save his life, so he should not be compared to the best players in the league.

I want to know your opinions, and especially -primetime's-. :)

you want to know my opinion???

no question about it:

DIRK > WADE

give ne a reason to think that wheelchair riding peice of sh-it is anything close to Dirk....??????

this thread was a blatent -primetime- call out.......cool

how about Wade stays off a wheelchair befoe you talk to me......OK??????