Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Jashaun Agosto- 7th grade star vs 10, 11 and 12th graders

Default Re: Jashaun Agosto- 7th grade star vs 10, 11 and 12th graders

Nice Video. It's nice to see a young kid dominating a bunch of older kids.

NBA rookie of the year

That kid couldn't hang with me. These must be some real scrubs.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    That kid couldn't hang with me. These must be some real scrubs.
    He is the real deal no question. It would be a tragedy if he doesn't grow and or get more athletic. Skill he has it and a lot of it.

However, he playing against no black kids. Where is the competition? Why isn't he going up against Tony Wroten? LeBryan Nash? Marquis Teague?

Man, it really makes me respect OJ Mayo more than I already do. He as a 7th grader was playing against the best 18 year old senior in the country. He lead his team to the sweet 16 in the state tournament as a 7th while averaging 23 ppg. He was only 6'0 feet tall, but already dunking and already had an NBA jumper.

Even Lance Stephenson as an 8th grader was 6'4 and he was invited to ABCD camp and took on Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon all those guys.

That being said this kid is the real deal and maybe the next Isiah Thomas.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    He is the real deal no question. It would be a tragedy if he doesn't grow and or get more athletic. Skill he has it and a lot of it.

However, he playing against no black kids. Where is the competition? Why isn't he going up against Tony Wroten? LeBryan Nash? Marquis Teague?

Man, it really makes me respect OJ Mayo more than I already do. He as a 7th grader was playing against the best 18 year old senior in the country. He lead his team to the sweet 16 in the state tournament as a 7th while averaging 23 ppg. He was only 6'0 feet tall, but already dunking and already had an NBA jumper.

Even Lance Stephenson as an 8th grader was 6'4 and he was invited to ABCD camp and took on Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon all those guys.

1. It's funny how you can turn any thread/post into something about Mayo.
    2. I don't think there is any way you could have anymore admiration for Mayo.
    3. Almost anyone can put together a youtube video and edit it to make them look good.
    4. You should be drawn and quartered for comparing this kid to Zeke.
    5. The competition in this vid was so poor even for HS it isn't that great of a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    He has been the best player in his class since 8 years old. He will remain the best player in this class all of high school. If he is the best now, and the best in the future. Then you can start comparing him to all time greats.

He is that good to warrant an Isiah Thomas comparison.

He has been the best player in his class since 8 years old. He will remain the best player in this class all of high school. If he is the best now, and the best in the future. Then you can start comparing him to all time greats.

He is that good to warrant an Isiah Thomas comparison.

Dude, Zeke was tearing up competition in the best basketball city in the world quite possibly and this kid was doing okay in an AAU game against some (no offense) white kids that didn't look too talented at all.

My cousin's AAU freshman B-team would have clobbered those guys.

I need more film.

Have you seen him play other than YouTube vids or are you speaking based solely off of some actual game footage?

Because you sound kinda silly right now.

Serious playground baller Monkey D Dragon's Avatar

Its been about 10 years and he still cant hit a NBA jumper ezly

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    1. It's funny how you can turn any thread/post into something about Mayo.
    2. I don't think there is any way you could have anymore admiration for Mayo.
    3. Almost anyone can put together a youtube video and edit it to make them look good.
    4. You should be drawn and quartered for comparing this kid to Zeke.
    5. The competition in this vid was so poor even for HS it isn't that great of a feat.
    This kid has is the real deal. Anybody that knows he has been talked about since 8 years old. All he does is play ball, very rare talent. He has some competition there is another kid around his age named Jayson Flemming who go serious game. It will be nice to see those two duke it out. We haven't seen that type of high school rivalry since maybe 2002 Melo-LeBron and LeBron-Cooke.

They don't hype up scrubs, everyone that is hyped at an early age always end up delivering. He is no exception.

He is the next Isiah Thomas, Jashaun Agosto that's his name don't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dude, Zeke was tearing up competition in the best basketball city in the world quite possibly and this kid was doing okay in an AAU game against some (no offense) white kids that didn't look too talented at all.

My cousin's AAU freshman B-team would have clobbered those guys.

I need more film.

Have you seen him play other than YouTube vids or are you speaking based solely off of some actual game footage?

Because you sound kinda silly right now.
    Have you not seen this kid before. he has been on talk shows, talked about on SI. the kid is legit.

This kid has is the real deal. Anybody that knows he has been talked about since 8 years old. All he does is play ball, very rare talent. He has some competition there is another kid around his age named Jayson Flemming who go serious game. It will be nice to see those two duke it out. We haven't seen that type of high school rivalry since maybe 2002 Melo-LeBron and LeBron-Cooke.

They don't hype up scrubs, everyone that is hyped at an early age always end up delivering. He is no exception.

He is the next Isiah Thomas, Jashaun Agosto that's his name don't forget it.

Boldface lie.

There are plenty of kids that could rise above him at the blink of an eye.\

Again, Zeke played against the best of Chicago at a young age, won a state title, and is an NBA champion. You disrespect the game by putting 8th graders in the same sentence as him.

Remember when Sebastian Telfair was hyped up to be next? Felipe Lopez, Harold Miner?

Calm down man...young prospects get you all frothy at the mouth.

Have you not seen this kid before. he has been on talk shows, talked about on SI. the kid is legit.

He's a cute kid. He's lucky to have parents to care about him enough to invest so much time and energy in him and he's very talented.

But there are guys playing for the Harlem Globetrotters that have great talent and still can't crack an NBA roster.

It's not how you start it's how you finish.

Scottie Pippen wasn't highly touted and look where he ended up...the GOAT couldn't even make his HS team.

Can we wait until he hits puberty before hyping him. Actually 16 should be the age you can start hype.

Tweety Carter got a lot of hype early on too. So did Laquinton Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Can we wait until he hits puberty before hyping him. Actually 16 should be the age you can start hype.

Tweety Carter got a lot of hype early on too. So did Laquinton Ross.
    Laquinton was all size and athletism. Don't compare him to this kid. he has no size and athletism , all skill.