Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Default Re: Surprise Surprise...Shawn Marion opens his mouth again

Classic case of ego and "wanting to be the man" costing someone. This may be the most extreme case yet. How much could he have made over the next few years had he only appreciated what he had.

He thought he was under appreciated. Since he's just shown he was one of the most overrated players in the league. Bet he'd love to play for the Knicks right about now...

So how does a team with Bosh and Marion, two supposedly great players, suck so bad.

Maybe because they are both wildly overrated?

To me, Bosh is going to get max money but is not worth it. There are certain superstars you want, and those you don't. I get the feeling Bosh will be in the Elton Brand category of stars you'll never win with.

How can a supposedly superstar franchise center lead his team to the 2nd worst record in the East? YIKES. Can you imagine Duncan, Howard, Yao, or prime Shaq in that situation? No chance.

Earth to Knicks. Go for Lebron, don't go for Bosh. Not worth max money.

As for Marion, he got royally exposed. He's not nearly the player everyone thought he was. He's a system player, nothing more.
    Last edited by bagelred; 03-14-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    So how does a team with Bosh and Marion, two supposedly great players, suck so bad.

To me, Bosh is going to get max money but is not worth it. There are certain superstars you want, and those you don't. I get the feeling Bosh will be in the Elton Brand category of stars you'll never win with.

How can a supposedly superstar franchise center lead his team to the 2nd worst record in the East? YIKES. Can you imagine Duncan, Howard, Yao, or prime Shaq in that situation? No chance.

As for Marion, he got royally exposed. He's not nearly the player everyone thought he was. He's a system player, nothing more.
    Bosh seems unmotivated. Plus, his team sucks ass. No comparison to Howard's surrounding cast.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=HaNdLe ThE RoCk]Marbury
    Iverson
    McGrady
    Marion
    Z.Randolph

team cancer
    McGrady is not a cancer.he is allways injured,but that dosent make him a cancer.

National High School Star

Proof that he is nothing without Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Marbury
    Iverson
    McGrady
    Marion
    Z.Randolph

team cancer
    I think players who are team cancers are guys whose antics screw up the team and only Marbury and Marion fit that bill on this list. AI may not gel well with players but that doesnt make him a cancer. T-Mac's injuries do not make him a team cancer. ANd Zach has been getting a bad rap for years but hasnt done any off court/on court antics

Local High School Star

hes pissed off because hes losing.....whats the big deal?

Give this girl a Rose! Chicago-Rose's Avatar

Those quotes make me wonder, just what was Marion expecting in Toronto? How did he not see this situation happening?

This from a guy who demanded a trade from a Championship contender.

Cry me a river.

Haven't all Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat fans been saying that Shawn Marion is a system player?

I don't know about anybody else, but if I were making $17 million a year on a great team (Suns, I mean before Marion got traded) I think I'd be living a pretty damn good life.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Bosh deserves max contract. Also this team sucks because of bad chemistry and poor defense both from starting lineup and the bench. Bosh is always keeping the game close.

Shawn Marion deserves the hype.

He is undoubtedly the best rebounding SF in the league, and within the top 3 most versatile defensive wing players (it's somewhere between Tayshaun, Artest, and him). If anything, it's his offense that's extremely overrated. Not only does he need a premier PG to get him the ball in scoring positions, but he also needs an uptempo system to thrive.

Anyone who's had a career ~.500 record (even in his Miami tenure), then goes to a team that can't win winnable games is going to be upset. There's no reason the Raptors should be getting blow-ed out by the Knicks. I've never seen any T-O players play with passion or aggressiveness other than Bosh. Calderon, Kapono, Bargnani, etc... they are all soft. Bosh is the only player with some type of killer instinct. In the first 20 games, he really tried, and now it seems even he has given up and is just going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Haven't all Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat fans been saying that Shawn Marion is a system player?

I don't know about anybody else, but if I were making $17 million a year on a great team (Suns, I mean before Marion got traded) I think I'd be living a pretty damn good life.

dam 17 million. i think i also will be havin a good life to.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Marion was the reason the suns blew it up. He wrecked their chemistry. Only he could have found a way to be upset winning 60 games every year. He causes dissention on the team and they trade him. Both he and the suns were the worst for it. Yeah, the suns probably wouldn't have won, but they would still have Dantoni and been entertaining.

Who knows, maybe bringing in Shaq was good for the suns, not on the win column, but they are bringing in the fans, and have 2 real fan favs in nash and Shaq. marion didn't like being the third option on the suns who win 60 games and now he's the 4th option on a 30 win Toronto team.
    He needed to just shut up.

Banned

Man, he can't stop b!tching.

I want to win.
    If you want to win so badly, play harder.