Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN ranks Kobe as 93rd best player!

who?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Is it really? He's another year older and hasn't been relevant for over 2 years.
    One would think otherwise judging from this forum lol.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MEB2kDeez
    One would think otherwise judging from this forum lol.
    every thread on ISH is about Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia

93 on reputation. The numbers don't lie. He's not top 100.... yes, he's THAT bad.

He's just not very good without his athletisism. For someone who get heralded for his great skills, he doesn't seem to have any that don't involve him chucking bricks from 20 feet away. Maybe he should've spent more time practicing his passing, or trying to understand team basketball. All the stories I've ever heard about the guy involve him chucking thousands of shots up... "GOAT work ethic!"

His work ethic is the equivalent of a tumor growing. The more time he puts in the more his ego and confidence grows and the more losses the Lakers receive.

Keep going, Kobe! Lakers fans... you have my pity. [COLOR="White"]Sike, enjoy the lottery, again. [/COLOR]
    As a long time Kobe fan, this post hurts my heart.

Banned

Was Jordan ever the 93rd best player in the league at any point?

It's tricky. While it's weird to see and all-time great to be so low at the same time it's a ranking of currently best players, so this ranking for Kobe is generous if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Most all time greats retire before tarnishing their legacy the way Kobe has.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Wizards Jordan was at the very least the 110th best player in the game when he can out of retirement...again.

Also this is the notice , I'm going in raw dog on Jordan Stanleys this year (except Sportsjames23 since he's a real OG) The rest of you ni99as it's open season on, you would think worshiping the goat would give some of you guys an unwavering confidence , why not? guy is the goat, but a lot of you are insecure as fucc.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Can you or any Kobe fan please explain to me how they are "hating" on Kobe?
    Even if you wanna close your eyes and ignore that every stat available PROVES that Kobe is having a negative impact on his team, (despite his high ppg average) he has only played in about 40 games over the last 2 seasons. If a player can't stay on the court why in the world would he be ranked in the top 100 contributors for this coming season? As others have said, this ranking was more than generous.
    Health is obviously why his ranking is so low and I have no problem with him being 93rd, it's generous considering him being injured for most of the last 2 years.

We all know a healthy Kobe is a great player but the problem is that he hasn't been healthy. His last pre-season game was encouraging but we'll see if he makes it through the season and how much he produces. The Lakers team last year was bottom 3 in the league if not the worst. Last time he was healthy he was playing some of the best offensive basketball of his career post-ASB 2013, but I'm not sure he can return to that form physically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia

93 on reputation. The numbers don't lie. He's not top 100.... yes, he's THAT bad.

He's just not very good without his athletisism. For someone who get heralded for his great skills, he doesn't seem to have any that don't involve him chucking bricks from 20 feet away. Maybe he should've spent more time practicing his passing, or trying to understand team basketball. All the stories I've ever heard about the guy involve him chucking thousands of shots up... "GOAT work ethic!"

His work ethic is the equivalent of a tumor growing. The more time he puts in the more his ego and confidence grows and the more losses the Lakers receive.

Keep going, Kobe! Lakers fans... you have my pity. [COLOR="White"]Sike, enjoy the lottery, again. [/COLOR]
    Holy shit I agree 100% with the bolded

Couldn't have described it better that's exactly what it is. The Kobe 'work ethic' does nothing but make teammates worse.

NBA All-star

really old Kobe looks at Julius Randle

'just shoot the ball, you won't/don't even understand half of the other things I'm trying to say or pointing out'

looks at DeAngelo Russell

'you'll get the ball and do your thing trust me, but when I want to run my play, even if it appears to be out of what the coach is saying, just get in position accordingly'

looks at the bench

'at least this way I won't interrupt you during your personnel development, "coaching staff"'

I took this straight out of a Marvel's comic strip, not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Health is obviously why his ranking is so low and I have no problem with him being 93rd, it's generous considering him being injured for most of the last 2 years.
    Really? That's the ONLY reason?

[B]The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

College star

93 is too high

Jordan was golden child even when he was washed up with Wizards the media never treated him like this.

blasphemous.