Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why is Cp3 still more respected than Melo???

cp3 > melo

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    cp3 > melo
    Melo > cp3

Basketball Genius

not a fan of either player but if i was forced to build around one player i'd definitely choose melo he's never had the luxury that cp3 has on playing stacked teams. and if you think cp3 has been on "sub-par" teams then imagine what melo had to deal with.

High School Starter

because CP3 is a PG and is perceived as a passer and unselfish player

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    not a fan of either player but if i was forced to build around one player i'd definitely choose melo he's never had the luxury that cp3 has on playing stacked teams. and if you think cp3 has been on "sub-par" teams then imagine what melo had to deal with.
    And the kobe stan fanbase wonders why anybody that actually knows basketball has zero respect for them. Well there you...you are ****ing retards.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    because CP3 is a PG and is perceived as a passer and unselfish player
    Unselfish , wow .

Cp3 has more respect cause Cp3 clearly better player than Melo .

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    The only time Melo made a Conference Finals, he wasn't even the best player on his team (Billups was).

Meanwhile, outside of this season, Paul has never had the luxury of not being his team's best player.

Let's not talk about 'stacked' here.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The only time Melo made a Conference Finals, he wasn't even the best player on his team (Billups was).

Meanwhile, outside of this season, Paul has never had the luxury of not being his team's best player.

Let's not talk about 'stacked' here.
    Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting in '14.

Paul ain't been the best Clipper in a while.

Personally, this isn't as one-sided as people would have you believe. CP3 does in fact choke and we are also finding out more and more that he actually requires not one, but two other superstars by his side to win chips. Either that or a stacked, deep bench. Actually, I'm pretty sure they've had great benches in the past, so even there I don't think so.

What it all comes down to is CP3 can't lead a team to a chip. Like that dude always be saying,, alpha dog scoring is the most sought after quality and Melo has CP3 beat in that regard. Also, look at it this way: neither one has won shit so far, at least with Melo you would sell some tickets with people wanting to see a gunner go off from time to time. I don't know. Blake Griffin is better than anyone Melo has played with as well and he's still not gone farther in the play offs, so there's that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Explain 2005 and 2006 Nash then. If Melo had wade, allen, bosh and a bunch of spot up 3 point shooters he would excel better too. Nice players around definitely matters bro and you know it. Melo had little help compared to bronna in 2013 and he still managed to lead team to 2nd seed in tha east which means Melo was more valuable. Heat didn't need Bron like that.
    if Melo had Wade then he would be a distant second best player on the team because Wade>>Carmelo

You're an idiot and you just continue to embarrass yourself time after time
    Lebrons 2013 MVP was as obvious as there ever was
    Durant would of won it if Lebron didnt exist that year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    if Melo had Wade then he would be a distant second best player on the team because Wade>>Carmelo

You're an idiot and you just continue to embarrass yourself time after time
    Lebrons 2013 MVP was as obvious as there ever was
    Durant would of won it if Lebron didnt exist that year.
    Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting in '14.

Paul ain't been the best Clipper in a while.

Personally, this isn't as one-sided as people would have you believe. CP3 does in fact choke and we are also finding out more and more that he actually requires not one, but two other superstars by his side to win chips. Either that or a stacked, deep bench. Actually, I'm pretty sure they've had great benches in the past, so even there I don't think so.

What it all comes down to is CP3 can't lead a team to a chip. Like that dude always be saying,, alpha dog scoring is the most sought after quality and Melo has CP3 beat in that regard. Also, look at it this way: neither one has won shit so far, at least with Melo you would sell some tickets with people wanting to see a gunner go off from time to time. I don't know. Blake Griffin is better than anyone Melo has played with as well and he's still not gone farther in the play offs, so there's that, too.

Paul has lead the league in apg and spg a combined 9 times, 3 seasons he lead the league in both apg and spg. He's also anchored the top offense in the league multiple times. It's his job to get others involved and if he didn't get injured, were probably looking at more 20/10, highly effective offensive seasons. Melo has also historically folded in the playoffs far worse than Paul has, while Melo faced weaker competition overall compared to Paul.

As far as winning and going far goes... do you rank Paul George over both of them ? He's been to more conference finals then both Melo and CP3 combined and he's had far less talented teams compared to both. How about James Harden ? He went to the conference finals last season with a banged up Dwight Howard and a bunch of role players; he even went past Paul.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    CP3 has lead the league in apg and spg a combined 9 times, 3 seasons he lead the league in both apg and spg. He's also anchored the top offense in the league multiple times. It's his job to get others involved and if he didn't get injured, were probably looking at more 20/10, highly effective offensive seasons. Melo has also historically folded in the playoffs far worse than Paul has, while facing weaker competition.

As far as winning and going far goes... do you rank Paul George over both of them ? He's been to more conference finals then both Melo and CP3 combined and he's had far less talented teams compared to both. How about James Harden ? He went to the conference finals last season with a banged up Dwight Howard and a bunch of role players.
    Steals is a good measure of defense now?

The reason that clippers is abysmal this year is because CP3 absolutely plays no defense only ball watches and allow penetration on the regular

Watch some games

2013 when Durant had a 50/40/90 season and OKC ended up with a 60 win record?

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Steals is a good measure of defense now?

The reason that clippers is abysmal this year is because CP3 absolutely plays no defense only ball watches and allow penetration on the regular

Watch some games
    There are stats that show Paul actually guards his position really well and holds them low fg%. Steals are just the icing. He's historically been a good defender.

The bold is a bunch of bullshit, because he actually played great on ball defense on Kyle Lowry yesterday and locked him down. He's the only perimeter guy who actually plays defense on his team. Everyone else is either to slow or out of position.

But yeah, watch some games.