Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Lebron is not as good as you think

http://niketalk.com/t/295042/why-don...l-about-lebron

Lebron James has one of the weakest first steps I've ever seen, and he has very little pure scoring instincts. Bron is not a pass/team oriented player solely becaue of his nature...he's that way because he secretly knows his weakness. I believe the worse thing you can tell a perimeter player is that they don't have a first step.

Dude literally can't score in the halfcourt without using a 'pick' 95% of the time and that's why when he drives in the halfcourt his shot looks soooooo ugly. Dude be praying for the defender to latch on where he can get a foul. And I KNOW coach Spolestra knows this because more and more in critical situations he sending Lebron towards a pick hoping for a switch to a much taller and slower defender. A friend of mine is a big Lebron fan and not until recently did he really start paying attention to this dude's true lack of halfcourt scoring and first step. "Dude scores over 30 points a game!" he would say...Then I told him the next two Heat games, we'll make a bet and count how many times in the halfcourt Bron scores by seriously breaking down his own man versus getting points from the line, in the fastbreak, putbacks, or low percentage bail out fall back jumpers. Like I said, dude became a believer after just two games and now says he can't even look at LeBron the same way.

-
    Last edited by JohnMax; 11-01-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Default Re: Lebron is not as good as everyone says he is

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is not as good as you think

i have made the same point for better half of a decade, there has never been a superstar with worse iso game than lebron. there is a reason this dude cannot take over in the 4th quarter and resort to off balance clunky pull up jumpers. it's not just an issue of mentality, the dude is funadmentally and physically incapable of skewering a defense the way young Kobe and MJ are able to.

He doesn't have an elite first step, weak two footed jumper, no body control. His main attributes are his long strides and top speed in fastbreaks and open court as well as his one foot leap. that makes him a very pedestrian and predictable player in teh half court.

the guy required a pick and roll his first season in the league. NO ISO move whatsoever

results is what matter u fvcking idiots

so are you trying to tell me 2/5 isnt as good as i think it is?

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Lebron isn't close to as good as everyone says he is of you look at his videos and film you can understand why he puts up the numbers he does. He score over 50% of his points in fast breaks which also gives him over half of his assists, and he uses a bunch of screen of you look at kobe Durant Jordan they could create for them selfs not using fast breaks or screen, because he has a trouble creating for him self it leads to him struggling in the 4th quarter when the game is slowed down. That's why he can't hit a high percentage of game winners and finds it hard to take over games. When he does take over games look who's defending him he is athletically a lot more gifted so he can take it to the rim and with the sympathy he gets from refs he draws fouls when others wouldn't. 
    So whats kobes excuse? Why is he 25% on game winners? Why is Jordan below his typical fg% on his game winners?

Or does it just apply to LBJ?

Seriously, does it bother you that your blatant lack of logic and ability to grasp simple concepts wont allow you to ever get off food stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    So whats kobes excuse? Why is he 25% on game winners? Why is Jordan below his typical fg% on his game winners?

Or does it just apply to LBJ?

Seriously, does it bother you that your blatant lack of logic and ability to grasp simple concepts wont allow you to ever get off food stamps?
    Is he though?

http://chasing23.com/michael-jordan-game-winning-shots/

Shot .487 in the playoffs, but .500 on game winners.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

Not sure what to make of this post. Yes lebrons lost 3 finals. But he's also won 2 as the man. 2 rings as the man is a hell of a lot better then most players. Also try to remember the guy isn't done playing yet. I don't think anyone is seriously trying to argue that Lebron is the greatest to play the game (psychically he might be but mentally he is not).

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Is he though?

http://chasing23.com/michael-jordan-game-winning-shots/

Shot .487 in the playoffs, but .500 on game winners.
    He's in the 60% range in the regular season... Wait, I think it was 58%... INSANE.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    i have made the same point for better half of a decade, there has never been a superstar with worse iso game than lebron. there is a reason this dude cannot take over in the 4th quarter and resort to off balance clunky pull up jumpers. it's not just an issue of mentality, the dude is funadmentally and physically incapable of skewering a defense the way young Kobe and MJ are able to.

He doesn't have an elite first step, weak two footed jumper, no body control. His main attributes are his long strides and top speed in fastbreaks and open court as well as his one foot leap. that makes him a very pedestrian and predictable player in teh half court.

the guy required a pick and roll his first season in the league. NO ISO move whatsoever
    And yet he challenged basically every single year with one of the weakest teams ever in Cleveland ( don't know of another player who could even come close to that ) and led the Heats to the last 4 finals.

If he is not that good then everyone else in the world sucks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    http://niketalk.com/t/295042/why-don...l-about-lebron

Lebron James has one of the weakest first steps I've ever seen, and he has very little pure scoring instincts. (IMHO Danny Granger has the worse first step in NBA history). Bron is not a pass/team oriented player solely becaue of his nature...he's that way because he secretly knows his weakness. I believe the worse thing you can tell a perimeter player is that they don't have a first step. smiley: laugh

But I'm sorry. It's the truth. I've never seen a star player get the type of recognition he does with having such an obvious weakness that seems to go unnoticed in popular programming. For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once! Sometimes I wanna email Skip Bayless just to show this dude the light so he can have more fire power.

Dude literally can't score in the halfcourt without using a 'pick' 95% of the time and that's why when he drives in the halfcourt his shot looks soooooo ugly. Dude be praying for the defender to latch on where he can get a foul. And I KNOW coach Spolestra knows this because more and more in critical situations he sending Lebron towards a pick hoping for a switch to a much taller and slower defender. smiley: nerdsmiley: nerd A friend of mine is a big Lebron fan and not until recently did he really start paying attention to this dude's true lack of halfcourt scoring and first step. "Dude scores over 30 points a game!" he would say...Then I told him the next two Heat games, we'll make a bet and count how many times in the halfcourt Bron scores by seriously breaking down his own man versus getting points from the line, in the fastbreak, putbacks, or low percentage bail out fall back jumpers. Like I said, dude became a believer after just two games and now says he can't even look at LeBron the same way. We watched yesterday's game at a bar and dude had the smiley: ohwell look on for nearly the entire game smiley: roll And they were winning! Dude's disgusted smiley: laugh

Before the stonefaces and comments about how basketball is a team game and what not...I will say that for the most part, I agree. I am not a Lebron hater, but the reason Lebron is and will never be the true definition of a clutch player is because of this obvious weakness. If Lebron doesn't seriously get in the gym and create a post game, it's only going to get worse. TMac II (Another player who people never realized needed picks to get by his man)
    Who cares about one on one scoring

Facts Are Misleading

Needing picks to get more open is not a bad thing. Stockton and Nash's main weapon on offense was using pick and rolls/pops. It manufactured openings for them they otherwise wouldn't get going one vs. one, but doesn't in any way diminish the players they were.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    2 of 5? What's that? How many seasons Rose has played?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    Needing picks to get more open is not a bad thing. Stockton and Nash's main weapon on offense was using pick and rolls/pops. It manufactured openings for them they otherwise wouldn't get going one vs. one, but doesn't in any way diminish the players they were.
    OP is just a butthurt Kobe stan

Isolations should be avoided when possible, so why punish him for playing smart offensively. Play to your strengths