Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Long Range Shots

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    its all in your legs. there have been very few shooters who have a tippy toe jump shot. Larry Bird is one that comes to mind. you just need to bend your knees and use that power from your lower body.
    This is very true..a good strong jump on your jump shots can make hell of a difference.

ISH Jump Crew

Thanks guys, re-read everything and some really helpful stuff. My form seems a lot better, my mid-range shooting is pretty good now. I don't pull the ball up over my head anymore really, but I still have trouble past the 3-point line, but anywhere inside I'm doing pretty well.

Thanks for the tips, gonna work on some of this stuff (like pickups) to get a 3 going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Thanks guys, re-read everything and some really helpful stuff. My form seems a lot better, my mid-range shooting is pretty good now. I don't pull the ball up over my head anymore really, but I still have trouble past the 3-point line, but anywhere inside I'm doing pretty well.

Thanks for the tips, gonna work on some of this stuff (like pickups) to get a 3 going.
    there is nothing wrong with having the bal by your head. the more you have the ball in a ready to shoot position, the quicker your release and shot is. You don't want to be pulling the ball down then comming up with it, it makes it a lot easier for the D to stip you.

im guessing you meant putting the ball over your head when your shooting, kinda making a slingshot type effect, you dont wanna do that either.

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    im guessing you meant putting the ball over your head when your shooting, kinda making a slingshot type effect, you dont wanna do that either.
    Exactly.

Saw a basketball once

It might be a mental thing. Some people (including me) start shooting differently when they know they are behind the line. But when they play on a court where there are no lines, they shoot it great from downtown.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Do you have one with the dribbling with sound?

Dunking on everybody in the park mika's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J23
    Do you have one with the dribbling with sound?
    What? that didn't really make sense. I do have a lot of dribbling and ball handling videos though.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mika
    What? that didn't really make sense. I do have a lot of dribbling and ball handling videos though.
    It was actually the better basketball: passing video when i dled it doesnt have sound.