Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Sicknote's Avatar

Default Re: Describe Your Go To Move

Either a

1. LeBron style drive where I drop my shoulder for a layup off the glass from the right.

2. Same as above but I'll come from the side and as I'm driving under the rim I'll put up a reverse layup.

3. Post hard, fake the up and under and hit the fadeaway. And a few variations where I post hard and go for the turnaround J or actually DO the up and under which messes with people who know my style's minds. However if I'm playing with strangers I HAVE to fake it cause they'll be all over it and the J'll be open.

4. If all else fails I either go for #1 even harder, or I hop step at the last second to knock the defender off balance and get an easy 3 footer off the backboard.

Other than these its the basic jabstep, jabstep, gimme room I'll shoot and stay in my face and I'll drive.

dribble slowly leaning to my left and explode driving to the right with a cross over..

Saw a basketball once

favorite move works everytime
    -start like a little outside the 3 pt line mid court
    -fake spin move, while puttin it through the legs from behind
    -then drive
    -kiss off the corner of the glass,while drifting outta bounds

ive been doin this move forever and it works almost every time

my other move is
    -jus dribble slow between the legs while lookin around like ur gonna pass
    -dribble hard once at the D,like ur gonna drive then pull it back
    -step back and shoot the J, right in the defenders eye
    Last edited by TheBlackMamba; 07-14-2008 at 02:37 AM.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

OK. This move is simple and I use it mainly when I want an easy layup, but I'm too tired to just straight up beat em off the dribble.

1. Give em a jab step.

2. Hit them with another jab.

3. While holding the ball, shake it rapidly a few time while jabbing quickly. This confuses the D. They don't know whether you're going left or right.

4. Now put the ball on the floor using your off hand and going in your off hand direction(for me that's my left)

5. Now, do this AT THE SAME TIME or it's travelling if you dribble afterwards.

While heading in your off direction going towards the hoop, hit a 'backstep'. That means if you're going left, place your right leg in front of you, and push back off of it. Do this as soon as the rock hits the ground, otherwise it can be considered a travel. This'll give you about 1 or 2 inches between you and the D, depending on the strength of your pushoff.

6. Look at the goal. The D will be trying to recover. Bounce the ball with your off hand, bend your knees, and place your shooting hand on top of the rock. Give a head fake. The D will jump anticipating you created that space for the jumper and you're settling.

7. When their feet leaves the ground, go around for the easy deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Mid range J all day.
    yep. one or two hard dribbles and a little backwards jumpstop, every time.

i'm also partial to a mark jackson style teardrop in the lane. i'm a 5'9" white dude, i'm not dunking on no one...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    OK. This move is simple and I use it mainly when I want an easy layup, but I'm too tired to just straight up beat em off the dribble.

1. Give em a jab step.

2. Hit them with another jab.

3. While holding the ball, shake it rapidly a few time while jabbing quickly. This confuses the D. They don't know whether you're going left or right.

4. Now put the ball on the floor using your off hand and going in your off hand direction(for me that's my left)

5. Now, do this AT THE SAME TIME or it's travelling if you dribble afterwards.

While heading in your off direction going towards the hoop, hit a 'backstep'. That means if you're going left, place your right leg in front of you, and push back off of it. Do this as soon as the rock hits the ground, otherwise it can be considered a travel. This'll give you about 1 or 2 inches between you and the D, depending on the strength of your pushoff.

6. Look at the goal. The D will be trying to recover. Bounce the ball with your off hand, bend your knees, and place your shooting hand on top of the rock. Give a head fake. The D will jump anticipating you created that space for the jumper and you're settling.

7. When their feet leaves the ground, go around for the easy deuce.
    That's a good move, I used to use that except for the part I put in bold. If you put your hand on top of the ball its a double dribble.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    That's a good move, I used to use that except for the part I put in bold. If you put your hand on top of the ball its a double dribble.

I've never been called for it. I first did it last year in a HS game and the guy flew 10 feet in the air anticipating the shot. I just kept the palm down and eploded to the rim, taking 2 long steps to get there.

I'll take a dribble into my opponent, back up really quick, cross to my left into the defender, let him close up to me, then do a hard right crossover and take it to the rack. This is called the purple pansy.

Another one i'll do is the kg style back-to-the-defender shoulder fake jumpshot or do it mj turn and take it to the hole. This is called the fatman in a suit.

Decent playground baller

sometimes ill just drive on the lil punk whos trying to guard me and dunk it in his face.

other times, ill dribble dribble, then the classy fake left go right then drain a J.

if im bein guarded by some tall punk, then ill shake him down till hes gettin exhausted, then ill drive in the lane, and fire up a pull back J, how long itll take dont matter to me

if im bein guarded by a short stick, since i see some speed comin at me, ill throw down some nice badass crossover and hit a jumper.

i know its not really possible to have a 'go to move' when playing D, but at the other end of the floor i am always looking to catch my man unawares and reach behind his back (no homo!) for the 'pickpocket' steal when he tries protecting the ball with his body. man i love doing that. such a nice feeling when you break away on your own for the finger roll. shout out to anyone playing 94x50 D!

I post up on the either block. I'm great dribbling with both hands, and finishing with both hands.

If I'm on the right block I'll usually post up and spin baseline with the right hand. If the defender is able to cut me off, I spin right and finish with the left hand.

If I'm on the right block I'll usually take the ball into (and across) the lane with my right hand, and finish on the right side of the hoop with my right hand. If the defender doesn't let me get across the line, I spin right and finish with the left.

I'm actually a Lefty who dribbles well with both hands, which tends to throw a lot of people off.

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

pinning *****es

My go to move is the in an in and out dribble then i spin and after that a pullup

my go to move...

Not airballing my layups anymore Jakez On Point11's Avatar

if u dribble with 2 hands that always confuses em

but if i get my man in the air its a rap

its kinda street but if u go in between ur legs from the back then spin with ur strong hand then pull back ull usually have a foot or 2 to shoot