Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Raptors 2015 Offseason Thread

[QUOTE]Ujiri probably will pitch the middle group first, particularly Paul Millsap and Marc Gasol, before turning his attention to the restricted crop. There is a seven-day moratorium before any signings can become official.

Toronto

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I want Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris. Both are legit starting SF who are young enough to still improve. Give them a large enough offer sheet where their team won't match.

The Raptors aren't rebuilding and there is no way in hell any of the top free agents (Gasol, Aldridge, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi) come to Toronto. The Raptors have to roll on the dice if they want to get out of mediocrity. Either of these guys would be worth an "overpay" based on their past performance.

Raptors management to meet with Aldrige in upcoming days. It would be obviously a max deal. What do you think about such move ?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Raptors management to meet with Aldrige in upcoming days. It would be obviously a max deal. What do you think about such move ?
    No idea why he'd choose Toronto over all the other teams willing to offer him the same max deal. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    No idea why he'd choose Toronto over all the other teams willing to offer him the same max deal. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    He probably using this as leverage to get the max from other teams. However, its not like Toronto isn't a bad option. Toronto is 4th largest market in North America with a good Eastern team. If he went here the road to the NBA finals will likely be easier than what it was on the Lakers. Add that to the fact that the Spurs may not be able to throw a max offer, Toronto might be a viable option.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    He probably using this as leverage to get the max from other teams. However, its not like Toronto isn't a bad option. Toronto is 4th largest market in North America with a good Eastern team. If he went here the road to the NBA finals will likely be easier than what it was on the Lakers. Add that to the fact that the Spurs may not be able to throw a max offer, Toronto might be a viable option.
    Agreed however wasn't there some mealy mouthing about playing in Toronto when Bosh was here ? I cant remember ~ was it good or bad vibes about playing north ?

Or was it bad mouthing after picking Bargnani instead of Aldridge ?

Either way I think the odds are slim.

If he really "doesn't want to play in front of Texas home crowds" I guess the Lakers are the destination.

I would guess per above that Milsap / Thompson are the "targets" to round out the 4 spot with Patterson. Amir comes back to play minutes as the back up 5 with Hayes / Hansborough / both gone
    Last edited by Jballer; 06-30-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Give Aldridge the max.

Give KD the max next summer.

Figure the rest out later.

I want Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris. Both are legit starting SF who are young enough to still improve. Give them a large enough offer sheet where their team won't match.

The Raptors aren't rebuilding and there is no way in hell any of the top free agents (Gasol, Aldridge, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi) come to Toronto. The Raptors have to roll on the dice if they want to get out of mediocrity. Either of these guys would be worth an "overpay" based on their past performance.
    Raptors desperately need a legit starting SF. If given the choice, I would take Middleton every time over Harris. Better outside shooter and defender, the 3&D player the Raptors have been lacking all of last year. There's also DeMarre Carroll, I'd like to see him as a backup plan if the Raps can't get the first 2.

Then there's frontcourt situation. As of right now, I don't think Amir is coming back unless he wants to for a discount, which he won't do for his last big pay day. There's Brandon Wright and Bismack Biyombo, one or both would be excellent pick ups. Give us too good shot blockers and defenders. They won't score much but they do crash the offensive glass.

Lou has given all indication that he wants big money and given some of the picks and further trades happening, he'll only come back Masai can't get his original FA's he intended to get.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I like Brandon Wright and didn't even think of him. He's just a really smart offensive player. Limited but smart. I've always wondered what he'd be like with more minutes. Then again, when he was coming out of UNC I pegged him as a Chris Bosh-lite so I've always had this inflated sense of his skills.

A primary big man rotation of Wright, JV, Patterson and Biyombo would be quite alright. But they need that 3pt shooter at SF and like you said, Middleton would be perfect and I'd totally throw the max at him given the raises in the cap coming up.

Local High School Star

But they need that 3pt shooter at SF and like you said, Middleton would be perfect and I'd totally throw the max at him given the raises in the cap coming up.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jefferi01.html

Not a cap busting contract. Another piece.

14 year veteran to add experience to largely a young team ; got a bit of a chip too and nothing wrong with that if harnessed the right way.

Not a starter but ...> James Johnson

Last 3 seasons ~ GSW Utah Dallas

FG % 456 - 450 - 444
    3Pt % 311 - 409 - 426
    Minutes per game 16 - 24

Banned

What's all the talk about DeMar being traded, everybody being available, i wouldn't assume masai would want to start over again since i think he has built a really nice core but still, what is he trying to do. Yeah, raptors need a sf that can hit 3s and defend, something like pj tucker, but if raptors can bring more talent through the FA, tobias or middleton, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson
    What's all the talk about DeMar being traded, everybody being available, i wouldn't assume masai would want to start over again since i think he has built a really nice core but still, what is he trying to do. Yeah, raptors need a sf that can hit 3s and defend, something like pj tucker, but if raptors can bring more talent through the FA, tobias or middleton, that would be great.
    First off, welcome to the board.

There has been speculation that DeMar and his camp are seeking a mid max level contract, which will pay him somewhere around $23.5 million when he decides to become a FA. Some are suggesting Raptors dont want to pay that much and are looking to trade him. Have to let that play out for the moment.

I agree that Masai wont blow it up, even though he did admit the team peaked. He is trying to retool the roster, but also stockpiling some picks while he does so. Raps do have 4 first rounders the next 2 years and will continue to have a lot of cap space.

Im hearing that Middleton and the Bucks are close to signing a 5 year 70 million dollar contract, so the Raps will probably have to look for another FA. Aminu also signed with the Blazers, 4 year 30 million.

Learning to shoot layups AC Earl's Avatar

Raps sign Demarre Carroll to 4 year/$60MM deal according to Sam Amick/USA Today

Amir Johnson signs with Boston (2yr 24mil) so he's gone.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Amir Johnson signs with Boston (2yr 24mil) so he's gone.
    I wouldn't want him back at that price. Even for just 2 years.