Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jordan Fly Wade's - DWade's new shoe (Photos)

I think DWade accomplished everything he wanted in his first shoe with the Jordan brand.

1) It's the lightest Nike basketball shoe ever with new composite materials to make it lighter, but also doesn't compromise it's durability as it's also a very durable shoe.

2) A shoe that's not only for the court but can also be worn with jeans (casual wear).

3) Performance shoe to aid in his performance on the court (Wade said he'll be wearing them for the playoffs and said he feels really good about it).

4) He wanted an aggressive sleek look but not overboard to where it's overbearing. Wade wanted a shoe that had those elements but in his style mixed in with the classic Air Jordan "look" and feel. He complimented all 3 nicely I think.

5) And last but not least, comfort. It's a wider shoe to support Wade's wider feet. But it also has good (but not too firm) ankle support. It's nothing like Kobe's shoe that provides horrible ankle support. This Wade shoe has very good ankle support.

I have wider feet and that's why I'm going to splurge buying 3 or 4 pairs of these in different colors ( but 2 blacks and one with red instead of the grey). If I had thin feet I'd only get one pair just to have them. But since this is a wider shoe and good wide shoes are hard to find sometimes, I'm going to buy a lot more. And of course it's a great looking shoe that's extremely light (I hate heavy shoes)

I don't understand why any Wade would want to be under the Jordan brand. F*ck that if I was Wade as good as he is I would want my OWN sig shoe. When I see Jordan I think....Jordan.

Wade is good enough to have a sig shoe like Kobe or LeBron.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I don't understand why any Wade would want to be under the Jordan brand. F*ck that if I was Wade as good as he is I would want my OWN sig shoe. When I see Jordan I think....Jordan.

well he's not good enough to have his own team soo..

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner

Wade's already had sig shoes with Converse. His own shoes with his own patented logo on them. Where have you been ?

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2007/01/...final-product/

Jordan wanted to team up with Wade and Wade wanted to be with Jordan as Wade grew up in Chicago and was a huge fan of the air jordans back in the day. He wanted his name on it, and wanted his own jordan but designed in every way for himself and all his preferences.

Nothing wrong with that, as he's already had quite a few of his own sig shoes.

Last edited by Heat007; 04-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Nice shoe. About a million times better than his last pair. Those things were FUGLY.

That's worse than the 2009s.

Anything is better than his converse fiasco though. He should wear PE retros though more often.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

I'm definately getting those black ones. Also, the white and grey ones too I think.

These are the best looking Jordans that have come out in a while. Futuristic looking but still has that retro soul of the first Jordans. Wade did well with his first signature shoe.

Is this lighter than Kobe's shoes?

National High School Star

decent shoe but nothing unique about them. In fact they kind of look like a mix of a bunch of Jordans. When I took a quick glance I thought they were the Jordan 7's minus the little peaks or whatever on the side. Nice, but just looks like Jordan's.

In any case here's an article and video with DWade talking about designing the shoe.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/09/e...ind-the-fly-w/
    Last edited by monkeypox; 04-10-2011 at 06:09 AM.

These aren't lighter than the Zoom Kobe IV/V/VI.

Arcadia, CA

the only jordans ppl buy today are the retroes 1-16...............The only jordan basketball shoes Ive worn for basketball were team jordans and those were at 110. I dont see these moving so much for 140 dollars especially since they dont look too apart, they look pretty safe from a design standpoint and they dont stand out, IMO they look like a team jordan design.....
    kobe and lebron sneakers have a lot of HYPE and many limited colorways in which ppl camp out for.........these wades--------not so much

and in b4 wade hater..........but lets be honest here, the only jordans that ppl cop today are retro jordans even though the quality is shit
    Last edited by macpierce; 04-10-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Do they come with Ref Mode? Or do you have to pay extra for that?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle

These are crazy
    Those are really nice.

I'm digging those.