Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Default Re: Al Whorford is officially a VILLAIN in Atlanta.

Lol does anyone in Atlanta even care about basketball?

I hate when players bash fan-bases.

It's no secret that the turnout at Hawks games is mediocre at best, something that I'm used to as a Nets fan. I remember all too well going to Finals games that IIRC didn't even sell out. I repeat, an NBA Finals game that didn't even sell out.

It sucks in a way, but when guys like Deron Williams called out our fan turnout, whining about the Prudential Center's rim depth perception ad nauseum, talking about how he would've been in Dallas so fast had we stayed in Jersey etc... it's just infuriating to hear. I always find myself HATING players that do that no matter what team they're on, even if they have a valid point.

I mean, to Horf's credit he didn't outright say it himself but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pretty sure Atlanta fans are the villain. Sorry for an excuse of a fan base.
    a CAVS fan calling out a bad fan base. Oh lord. Tell that to the people burning LeBrons jersey only to be little cucks for him when he decides to crawl back.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    a CAVS fan calling out a bad fan base. Oh lord. Tell that to the people burning LeBrons jersey only to be little cucks for him when he decides to crawl back.
    It only bonded him to the fan base even more leaving and coming back because he knows the history. I'm sorry you don't have a hometown bigger than life player leading a franchise to championship dreams in a 50 year drought. I don't feel sorry for you. The amount of fans that show up for those game is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    No.
    My point exactly.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Why are you upset? Horford is approaching the wrong side of 30, and put up 13/6 in the playoffs last year.

You don't want to max that.

Dwight (who actually rebounds and protect the rim) and Milsap are both better players.
    I feel like I'm in the minority but I really thought Horford is overrated. Shoots too many 3's for my liking, especially quick ones with no rebounders in position. Add to the fact he goes to the line like once per game. Meh I'm not too high on him, not saying he's bad but he's not the player in my opinion people made him out to be.

That said he could be a good fit in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It only bonded him to the fan base even more leaving and coming back because he knows the history. I'm sorry you don't have a hometown bigger than life player leading a franchise to championship dreams in a 50 year drought. I don't feel sorry for you. The amount of fans that show up for those game is pathetic.
    "Bond him" give me a break. The Cleveland fan base is absolute garbage and that proves it. It's not like it was some mind boggling move to bring in Lebron either. They just happened to suck enough (something Cleveland has always been known for) to land the number one overall pick. No one would show up if it weren't for that anyways. "We pick Lebron". That literally could have been any garbage ass team. Cleveland fans are just complete garbage and don't appreciate Lebron what so ever. Like little kids that only like someone when they give them candy. Cleveland cavalier fans in a nut shell

"Bond him" give me a break. The Cleveland fan base is absolute garbage and that proves it. It's not like it was some mind boggling move to bring in Lebron either. They just happened to suck enough (something Cleveland has always been known for) to land the number one overall pick. No one would show up if it weren't for that anyways. "We pick Lebron". That literally could have been any garbage ass team. Cleveland fans are just complete garbage and don't appreciate Lebron what so ever. Like little kids that only like someone when they give them candy. Cleveland cavalier fans in a nut shell
    You cry so hard. All I have to say is at least I don't have players leaving the team I like that saying the fan base is lackluster.

Atlanta is a great city, but a terrible basketball city.
    And Boston has a great team

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Did you expect Horford, Dwight and Millsap to be on the same team? I'd rather have Millsap than Horford anyway.
    This. All day. I was hoping Detroit would be able to somehow swing a trade for Millsap.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

We gave into all of Whorefords demands and he leaves us for 1.2m more a year, doesn't show any appreciation to the team, bashes the fanbase, quits and plays soft all season so he doesn't get hurt and can collect a pay check.

F*CK Al WHOREFORD
    All players have rights to pursue a career....

Boston has a better chance to advance than lowly Atlanta(.)

I am absolutely surprised 4 years ago , he didn't go to the SPurs.

NBA Superstar

Why are the Hawks fans on here such aggressive dickheads?

This isn't Philadelphia fellas. Stop acting like we deserve or have ever really been better. We'll take whatever the fvck we can get right now...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    Not really.

College football town through and through.

If the braves are good they're huge.

A lot of Hawks fans like me, dont even live in Atlanta.