Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Breaking:FA Nicolas Batum has reached agreement with Charlotte on a five-year $120 mi

What a time to be a role player

Default Re: Breaking:FA Nicolas Batum has reached agreement with Charlotte on a five-year $120 mi

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    mozgov contract suddenly looks like a steal lol
    Except Batum is 3x the palyer Mozgov is.

Decent college freshman

This deal won't look great on the backend, but Batum wanted 5 years to stay in Charlotte. They at least got him to take less than his full max. I probably would have preferred to give him a 4-year full max if I were Charlotte actually.

This was big for the Hornets though. When they traded for him, I thought there was a large chance it was for a rental. Good for them to retain their most important FA>

Local High School Star

This is exactly what I predicted was going to happen with marginally above average, but clearly not AS caliber players. Their salaries are bloating out of control and this is going to create a huge underclass where you wind up with your bench being filled entirely with players making around league or veteran's minumum, plus mid-level exception.

Batum's PER was 15.7 this past season and was 70th in estimated wins added (EWA), yet he's getting 24M a year.

This isn't the player's fault, but the bottom line is that it only takes one idiot ass GM/owner to overpay for mediocre talent and it causes an avalanche. There's going to be a huge influx of horrible contracts and a lot of stupid teams that are going to be both paying heavy luxury taxes while having shitty 1st round playoff fodder caliber lineups. Hornets = that category. Either Rich Cho is as retarded as Michael Jordan or Jordan basically breathed down his neck to force him to make a shitty signing.

Local High School Star

Batum doesn't really move the needle at all, but with the cap at $94 million, teams like Charlotte basically have to give the money away since they have very few high cost players.

8 years in the league, hasn't made a single All-Star team...$24 million per year.

Think you can pencil us in for another lockout in the future.

Very good NBA starter

Damn, I'd take the money and run! Great player but 120 mil is steep

I usually hit open layups

That is a lot more money than he would have been able to make in the past.

Default Re: Nicolas Batum has reached agreement with Charlotte on a five-year $120 mi

Its an alright signing with the way things are going these days....

its just messed up. I heard some report the other day about 400K going towards helping at risk Toronto youth from reoffending (something like that).
    --that seems kinda sad when you think about how many people that accounts for

Meanwhile that's about what Demar gets for playing basketball and being idolized.

I realize the moneys being made and the owners can afford it, but to the casual observer, it's gotta be off putting to see salaries like this.

Undefeated

Default Re: Nicolas Batum has reached agreement with Charlotte on a five-year $120 mi

This to me is the worst deal of all... Nicolas Batum ****ing SUCKS! He's a turnover machine, inefficient as hell, and an overall stiff. Injury prone too. He'll have weird nagging injuries all year... which thus makes him even more worthless. People thought he'd have a break-out year once he left Portland... but he is what we thought he was.... a scrub. 24 ****ing million for five years.