Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Four players with 20+ games but the Cavs lose

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Lebron is sometimes a huge culprit on the lazy D.

they play D in spurts, they need to play it CONSISTENTLY.

AND MOVE THE F*CKING BALL.

frustrating watching a team with so much talent piss games away because of stupid BS.

Makes me think that those Mike Brown led teams back in the day did so well because guys like D-West, Mo, Andy, Z, etc. played without having any preconceived notions as to what they were or weren't capable of doing on the floor whereas Kyrie and K-Love go out there looking to put up their numbers.
    this was us Heats fans same feeling during 2010-2014...enjoy!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    this was us Heats fans same feeling during 2010-2014...enjoy!
    The Heat played consistent defense except for the last season together. (and they were still ranked 11th that year...the Cavs are ranked 26th this year) It's not even close to being similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The Heat played consistent defense except for the last season together. (and they were still ranked 11th that year...the Cavs are ranked 26th this year) It's not even close to being similar.

initial starts out the gate in 2010 were just as much frustrating for the Heat fan-base...don't downplay it

They are good on offense but suspect defense. They need Hibbert if Indy decide to tank.

Believe it or not, Kevin Love's defense has been better than what it was advertised to be.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    They are good on offense but suspect defense. They need Hibbert if Indy decide to tank.

Believe it or not, Kevin Love's defense has been better than what it was advertised to be.

ehhh he's coming around. He's doing much better than he was at the beginning of the season. He's doing a better job of contesting shots.

TT has been playing very very well on the defensive end.

Biggest disappointment i have on the defensive end is Lebron. He's just play lazy as f*ck on that side of the ball.

ehhh he's coming around. He's doing much better than he was at the beginning of the season. He's doing a better job of contesting shots.

TT has been playing very very well on the defensive end.

Biggest disappointment i have on the defensive end is Lebron. He's just play lazy as f*ck on that side of the ball.
    Yet the two worst defenders who get significant minutes are the ones in your avatar...but throw Lebron under the bus for the defense...

Local High School Star

Yet the two worst defenders who get significant minutes are the ones in your avatar...but throw Lebron under the bus for the defense...

DukeDelonte is right. Lebron is playing lazy af on defense except some spurts here and there. Hopefully he's just intentionally conserving some energy and will turn it on as the season progresses and playoffs begin.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    DukeDelonte is right. Lebron is playing lazy af on defense except some spurts here and there. Hopefully he's just intentionally conserving some energy and will turn it on as the season progresses and playoffs begin.
    That's not the point. The point is that he isn't even close to being one of the biggest problems as to why this defense is so horrible. Even if he isn't making an impact, he is rarely a negative.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-18-2014 at 03:46 PM.

I call it like I see it. Lebron's supposed to lead by example and to his credit he's doing it by moving the ball on offense but he needs to start hustling on his close outs and his transition D. He's taking plays off defensively.

I'll be the first to tell you Kyrie and Dion aren't getting it done on that end. TBH i'm not even a huge Kyrie fan. He really p*sses me the f*ck off with his pouting and his stubbornness.

That's not the point. The point is that he isn't even close to being one of the biggest problems as to why this defense is so horrible.

IMO his lackadaisical attitude on the defensive end sets the tone that the others follow. You wanna get the glory when you win games you take the heat when you lose them. Lebron gave up a ton of open shots last night.

Bran just can't get it done
    His career has been a bust so far

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

besides waiters... their bench sux

IMO his lackadaisical attitude on the defensive end sets the tone that the others follow. You wanna get the glory when you win games you take the heat when you lose them. Lebron gave up a ton of open shots last night.

Lawson killed the guards to the basket at will...the defense at the guard position is many times worse than pin-pointing at Lebron, and him leading. i'm pretty sure Lebron feels the guards are like dead weight being carried around when on defense

LeBron should be leading the charge on defense as their best player, best defender and utility guy. They have 2x legit 20+ caliber scorers, he can conserve his energy there. He needs to show more effort on defense the way he did in 2011, 2012, and in spurts 2013. James took last season off defensively, and it's leaking over to his new team.

There is of course personnel issues to make this Cavs a good defensive team but I feel like it's more a mentally issue. Those guys are so good offensively that they think they can just outscore the opponent or just turn the switch on defensively on the last possessions.
    This may work against eastern teams but it won't work with western team who are very talented offensively and can score 120 any given night.