Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default If Dirk had privilege Wade had in the 2006 Finals

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

Dirk and Wade had similar free throws attempts until finals in the playoffs . And in the finals , Wade almost doubled Dirk on free throws attempts . Well , What would happened ; if Dirk almost doubled Wade on free throws attempts in the finals ?

No fixes ;

Wade - 34.7 Points , %57 TS , 113 Ortg

Dirk - 22.8 Points , %53 TS , 109 Ortg

Fixed ;

Wade - 29.3 Points , %54 TS , 108 Ortg

Dirk - 28.8 Points , %59 TS , 115 Ortg

And ..

Game 3 : Mavs 96- Heat 98

Game 5 : Mavs 100 - Heat 101

Game 6 : Mavs 92 - Heat 95

I guess , we can say series would over in five games at most with that whatif . And Dirk would got that fmvp too .

Wade still looking better with defensive side . But in the result , Wade wouldn't had Jordan-esque finals . And Dirk wouldn't got that loser tag on him .

[/FONT]

Good college starter

Default Re: If Dirk had privilege Wade had in the 2006 Finals

Dirk is a jumpshooter. Wade is a rim slasher. Get this nonsense out of here.

The refs gave him freethrows to end the game and he missed them.
    Why would they rig a game and allow Dirk to win it with freethrows? Dirk choked. Wade won. Get over it.

Also it was Mark Cuban who lobbied the league for the freethrow increase anyways.

Dirk was well defended by Haslem and Posey--Dallas didn't have anyone who could stay in front of Wade, and kept fouling him--the comparison is idiotic.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Dirk was well defended by Haslem and Posey--Dallas didn't have anyone who could stay in front of Wade, and kept fouling him--the comparison is idiotic.
    The refs called fouls even when there were none, or ticky tack fouls that weren't called evenly on both sides.

Very good NBA starter

Not exactly the only time Dirk soured at some point in the playoffs, I mean did you watch his next playoff series

This is what-if thread guys . Don't break out the concept .

Dude seriously ...

Enough of you racist, tin foil hat wearing, woe is me Dallas conspiracy basketball theorists. Let it go. You lost. Choked it all away fair and square. 10 years ago already. Move on.

Dirk isn't near as dimensional or dominant a player as Wade, and he choked at the free throw line anyway.

Wade is an elite all time slasher and draws actual earned fouls getting to the basket for easy looks. It's the most valuable thing to do on offense. Jump shooters don't get calls like that because they play soft and take the easy route out just jacking up shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    Dirk is a jumpshooter. Wade is a rim slasher. Get this nonsense out of here.

The refs gave him freethrows to end the game and he missed them.
    Why would they rig a game and allow Dirk to win it with freethrows? Dirk choked. Wade won. Get over it.

Also it was Mark Cuban who lobbied the league for the freethrow increase anyways.
    Exactly.

Were some of the calls soft? Yes but Cuban pushed for that ... and it's still not the only reason Wade was getting the lion share of the calls. He attacked, didn't settle.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Dude seriously ...

Enough of you racist, tin foil hat wearing, woe is me Dallas conspiracy basketball theorists. Let it go. You lost. Choked it all away fair and square. 10 years ago already. Move on.

Dirk isn't near as dimensional or dominant a player as Wade, and he choked at the free throw line anyway.

Wade is an elite all time slasher and draws actual earned fouls getting to the basket for easy looks. It's the most valuable thing to do on offense. Jump shooters don't get calls like that because they play soft and take the easy route out just jacking up shots.

Exactly.
    I wonder your face when got owned by Dirk in the 2011 .

What's the butthurt ? You already turned this thread a Wade-Dirk comparison and disrespecting Dirk .

What a pathetic way to live ..

And please guys , don't turn the thread like this type shit .

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think an objective look at the finals is very difficult in this case because it's just two fan bases going back and forth.

The problem was not rigging or one sided refs...the problem was the rules the NBA implemented and how the game was called.

The reason Wade got to the line more was in part of course because he attacked relentlessly and earned it, but also because the rules in place made it easier for perimeter players to get calls...because you essentially could not touch someone driving to the basket.

By default...this benefits a player like Wade more than Dirk.

Where the imbalance came, in the finals imo, was all the grabbing and holding of Dirk off the ball that went uncalled. Haslem and Posey did a good job, but they also got away with a lot.

But that is in part on Dirk and Avery for not coming up with better ways to exploit that as well.

Do I think if the series was called right down the middle fairly..the Mavs win? Sure...they were the better team imo. But that isn't what happened...and honestly that rarely happens. Certain styles get the benefit of the doubt in the playoffs...just look at some of those Celtics teams with KG/Allen/Pierce...that fouled every ****ing play.

In the end...the Mavs/Dirk had enough to win...and Dirk didn't play well enough to come through..and Avery once again looked like a terrible coach.

Wade was great...and deserve the win...and Pat Riley coached circles around Avery.

From a broad perspective...it was Cuban's fault. He didn't build as good of a team as most could given the lack of limitations...and he hired the wrong coach.

But can we please stop acting like it was a rigged series or something? The refs called it based on the rules for the most part and the star player on the Heat was way better than the star player on the Mavs.

End of the day...that and the things above was the difference. And the Mavs got the ultimate revenge in 11.

I'd easily trade the 06 titles for upsetting prime Wade/Lebron/Bosh in the finals. A team so good that people were calling it "unfair for the league" before the finals.

It was epic...and totally worth it.

Feel bad for Wade though about it...always liked and respected him...but his place in NBA history was severely diminished by that 11 finals...and it wasn't his fault at all...he was great.

Another title and finals MVP for Wade would have put him on a completely different tier historically the way people rank. Ouch...thanks Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I wonder your face when got owned by Dirk in the 2011 .
    Wade was substantially better than Dirk in the 2011 Finals as well. Heat lost because Terry went off. Chandler's rim protection. Old Jason Kidd and Marion locking up Bron. And LeBron subsequently sulking on the court.

2006 Finals Game Score

Wade - 25.4
    Dirk - 16.2
    Terry - 13.9

2011 Finals Game Score

Wade - 22.7
    Dirk - 16.6
    Terry - 13.4

That's with Wade hurt the last 2 games of the series from the hip flexor. He was clearly the best player on the court, on both sides of the ball, for both teams for the entire series. And that's without excuse making soft foul calls he got like in 2006.

Your boy Dirk is closer to Jason Terry level impact than he ever was a player the caliber of D-Wade. Nowitzki is the most overrated, one dimensional player I've ever seen. He provides next to nothing beyond jump shooting based scoring.

Wade was substantially better than Dirk in the 2011 Finals as well. Heat lost because Terry went off. Chandler's rim protection. Old Jason Kidd and Marion locking up Bron. And LeBron subsequently sulking on the court.

2006 Finals Game Score

Wade - 25.4
    Dirk - 16.2
    Terry - 13.9

2011 Finals Game Score

Wade - 22.7
    Dirk - 16.6
    Terry - 13.4

That's with Wade hurt the last 2 games of the series from the hip flexor. He was clearly the best player on the court, on both sides of the ball, for both teams for the entire series. And that's without excuse making soft foul calls he got like in 2006.

Your boy Dirk is closer to Jason Terry level impact than he ever was a player the caliber of D-Wade. Nowitzki is the most overrated, one dimensional player I've ever seen. He provides next to nothing beyond jump shooting based scoring.

Do you really expect to have a civil discussion worth anyone's time after saying the bold?

You honestly believe that Dirk is closer to Terry than Wade?

You honestly believe he's the most over-rated player ever?

2006 Finals Game Score

Wade - 25.4
    Dirk - 16.2
    Terry - 13.9

2011 Finals Game Of

Wade - 22.7
    Dirk - 16.6
    Terry - 13.4

Tell us more about your hate .

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think an objective look at the finals is very difficult in this case because it's just two fan bases going back and forth.

The problem was not rigging or one sided refs...the problem was the rules the NBA implemented and how the game was called.

The reason Wade got to the line more was in part of course because he attacked relentlessly and earned it, but also because the rules in place made it easier for perimeter players to get calls...because you essentially could not touch someone driving to the basket.

By default...this benefits a player like Wade more than Dirk.

Where the imbalance came, in the finals imo, was all the grabbing and holding of Dirk off the ball that went uncalled. Haslem and Posey did a good job, but they also got away with a lot.

But that is in part on Dirk and Avery for not coming up with better ways to exploit that as well.

Do I think if the series was called right down the middle fairly..the Mavs win? Sure...they were the better team imo. But that isn't what happened...and honestly that rarely happens. Certain styles get the benefit of the doubt in the playoffs...just look at some of those Celtics teams with KG/Allen/Pierce...that fouled every ****ing play.

In the end...the Mavs/Dirk had enough to win...and Dirk didn't play well enough to come through..and Avery once again looked like a terrible coach.

Wade was great...and deserve the win...and Pat Riley coached circles around Avery.

From a broad perspective...it was Cuban's fault. He didn't build as good of a team as most could given the lack of limitations...and he hired the wrong coach.

But can we please stop acting like it was a rigged series or something? The refs called it based on the rules for the most part and the star player on the Heat was way better than the star player on the Mavs.

End of the day...that and the things above was the difference. And the Mavs got the ultimate revenge in 11.

I'd easily trade the 06 titles for upsetting prime Wade/Lebron/Bosh in the finals. A team so good that people were calling it "unfair for the league" before the finals.

It was epic...and totally worth it.

Feel bad for Wade though about it...always liked and respected him...but his place in NBA history was severely diminished by that 11 finals...and it wasn't his fault at all...he was great.

Another title and finals MVP for Wade would have put him on a completely different tier historically the way people rank. Ouch...thanks Lebron.

I think , seeking "New Jordan" was factor on getting calls too . Who's Dirk ? How you can marketing him ? With "New Dan Issel" or "Soft version of Pettit " ?

"New Jordan" much more money for Stern . Or Dirk was playing like perimeter too , he was getting the line as much as Wade until finals . It just not about rules for me .

But it passed away , it is what it is .

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Do you really expect to have a civil discussion worth anyone's time after saying the bold?

You honestly believe that Dirk is closer to Terry than Wade?

You honestly believe he's the most over-rated player ever?
    Dirk's production in those Finals is closer to Terry than Wade. Facts. How can you disagree?

He's the most overrated on ish. And most overrated among the games most recent crop of stars or superstars.

I never consider him better than: KG, Duncan, Malone, and Barkley. Durant is already been way better since 2010 as well.

Of course you're biased in this discussion. Looks at the username.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I think , seeking "New Jordan" was factor on getting calls too . Who's Dirk ? How you can marketing him ? With "New Dan Issel" or "Soft version of Pettit " ?

"New Jordan" much more money for Stern . Or Dirk was playing like perimeter too , he was getting the line as much as Wade until finals . It just not about rules for me .

But it passed away , it is what it is .
    Maybe, but you also have to realize that in the NBA finals...even more than the playoffs....refs tend to let more off ball contact go.

It's just the nature of the game. You have to either sell off ball contact more to get calls, or be able to play through it. At that point in his career, Dirk wasn't great at either of those things...and he needed a better coach to help him there.

This is where Riley is such a genius...he gets his teams to do little stuff like that...that really impacts the games...but mostly goes not noticed.

In the end...I think I'm comfortable saying that the Mavs were likely better all things considered, but that the Heat deserved to win that series.

Again...it's all ultimately on Cuban. He should have built a better team and he hired the wrong coach.

Complaining at this point is silly. We got the title and beat them in epic and embarrassing fashion.