Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Trying to get into WNBA basketball...

Is hard.

I mean, not only are the girls unsightly, but I really have trouble with enjoying the game. The girls have decent handles and most have good shooting strokes, but the lack of downlow presence is sad. Ive seen grade 7/8 games with better post presence than this. Also, the passing is very sloppy.

This league has a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to go before it is enjoyable. To make it better they need to work on the looks of the girls and dress them in bikinis.

Default Re: Trying to get into WNBA basketball...

It is understandable. The game is hard for some to watch. For me, I have been a fan of the women's game since 1982, so I love watching it and I am a guy. The bikini idea sounds pretty interesting. But they might go with the spandex uniforms that Team Austraila wears during the summer games. Just keep watching, it will grow on you.

Saw a basketball once

Yeah, I've had a hard time getting into it too. There is a group of guys though that are following

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    It is understandable. The game is hard for some to watch. For me, I have been a fan of the women's game since 1982, so I love watching it and I am a guy. The bikini idea sounds pretty interesting. But they might go with the spandex uniforms that Team Austraila wears during the summer games. Just keep watching, it will grow on you.
    Bingo, I knew the spandex uniforms were the way to go (for Summer Olympics and should be used in WNBA).
    Last edited by Huey Freeman; 06-10-2009 at 07:10 PM.

They need some more Candace Parker...

theres about 2-3 good looking girls on each WNBA team average...so if i do watch the games, i just watch the good looking girls. The teams i like are NY, Indiana, Phoenix, and Washington. But yea they should have it like womens volleyball, a little tighter uniforms...cause the uniforms are too baggy.

its fun to watch once in a while when there is nothing else on tv

Saw a basketball once

Britney Griner will definetely change your down low presence in the league. I can't wait to see her tip it off as a Baylor Bear this upcoming season.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Is hard.
    I mean, not only are the girls unsightly, but I really have trouble with enjoying the game.
    This league has a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to go before it is enjoyable. To make it better they need to work on the looks of the girls and dress them in bikinis.
    If you think the girls are unsightly, you should look at the monster-men playing in the NBA.

Could those guys make themselves look any uglier?

Forget the tats. Those are just bad art.

But look at the corn-rows. The scruffy whiskers. And the uniforms that look about four sizes too large.

Have you ever seen such a bad hunk of brush under those arms when they go to dunk? Yuchhhhh! Trim that thin!

And with the way they sweat, you can smell them even through the TV set. Man, I don't know how Spike Lee manages to keep from barfing all over the Knicks' feet.

Plus, could the guys put on any uglier expressions. I've seen more pleasant faces on a bunch of inmates in prison.

Compare to the men, the women's game is a pleasure to watch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Im not watching NBA for their looks, brah

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Is hard.

I mean, not only are the girls unsightly, but I really have trouble with enjoying the game. The girls have decent handles and most have good shooting strokes, but the lack of downlow presence is sad. Ive seen grade 7/8 games with better post presence than this. Also, the passing is very sloppy.

You're never going to enjoy women's basketball when you look at it like that.
    If you're trying to get into women's BASKETBALL you have to look at the players as BASKETBALL PLAYERS...not as chicks. You shouldn't be into the game for their looks.

If I can do it, so could you.

Made that high school varsity squad Shaolinswords's Avatar

I haven't followed the WNBA in years, but when I used to I thought it was decent and not what many guys here describe.

Quote Originally Posted by vectorbabe
    If you think the girls are unsightly, you should look at the monster-men playing in the NBA.

Could those guys make themselves look any uglier?

Forget the tats. Those are just bad art.

But look at the corn-rows. The scruffy whiskers. And the uniforms that look about four sizes too large.

Have you ever seen such a bad hunk of brush under those arms when they go to dunk? Yuchhhhh! Trim that thin!

And with the way they sweat, you can smell them even through the TV set. Man, I don't know how Spike Lee manages to keep from barfing all over the Knicks' feet.

Plus, could the guys put on any uglier expressions. I've seen more pleasant faces on a bunch of inmates in prison.

Compare to the men, the women's game is a pleasure to watch.
    but who the hell watches nba games with hopes of catching any eye candy???

I only enjoy watching certain players like Candace Parker and Diana Turasi (sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by mackaveli
    but who the hell watches nba games with hopes of catching any eye candy???
    Who the hell watches WNBA games with hopes of catching any eye candy?

If you want eye candy, hit the strip club or something. Women's basketball isn't the place to look for that or get that.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I only enjoy watching certain players like Candace Parker and Diana Turasi (sp?).
    Taurasi.

And yeah, that woman is a beast.

Not like Parker...but yeah.