Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Best player on a team that no one thought would make the playoffs. No, he's not overrated.

Learning to shoot layups

Most definitley not a big D. Howard fan but to say this kid is the most overrated player in th NBA is beyond false... Hes got immense size for a guy his age, and hes still only a kid in essence... His defensive/rebounding ability is where he shines at most right now but with time his offensive skills will expand. Probably not to an equal extent of his defense but he'll definitley put up some quality numbers throughout his career... Regardless, IMO Howard will always be granted and respected for his defensive output on the floor... Bottom line, the dudes young... Give him time to mature

Done Deal....

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    I won't say he's overrated but the speculation that he will be the best big man or even player in the league is unwarranted. Yes he rebounds well but he doesnt hustle rebound. It's all size and athleticism plus he doesnt have any other real rebounders on his team. And even though he's still young, I don't see those Duncan like qualities yet. I think he can be an integral part of a championship team but I don't see him being the BEST player on a championship team.

Incidentally numbers are nice but I look at the player's game as a whole and when folks talk about DH they immediately bring up his numbers when most of those folks dont watch him play regularly.

To this point a slightly more athletic Horace Grant but without the mid-range shot and defensive footwork.
    I like your comparison to Horace Grant. Although I like Dwight Howard as a Player I do consider him Over-Rated big time. He may develop to be an Elite player, but I wouldnt put him there yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
    I like your comparison to Horace Grant. Although I like Dwight Howard as a Player I do consider him Over-Rated big time. He may develop to be an Elite player, but I wouldnt put him there yet.
    Dwight is nothing like Horace Grant. Absolutely nothing.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    lebron james is way more overrated than dwight howard
    i agree 100%, the lebron james hype is ridiculous.

Howard is overrated but not the most overrated.

he has great size and athleticism but his basketball skills are average and haven't improved much. He can't shoot from outside 5 feet. His post game consists of trying to overpower or outquick defenders to get dunks. He turns it over way too much and can't shoot ft's at all.

I have seen people say he will be the next DRob but there is no chance of that.

Saw a basketball once bigdaddie's Avatar

Right now if you had to chose between Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol I think it no brainer its Howard. Any given nite he can go for 20+ boards like he did the other nite verses Golden State. He also in my opinion does more on defense than Pau. When there careers is over i don't think it will be close.

JMEWLS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddie
    Right now if you had to chose between Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol I think it no brainer its Howard. Any given nite he can go for 20+ boards like he did the other nite verses Golden State. He also in my opinion does more on defense than Pau. When there careers is over i don't think it will be close.
    Close? i doubt it'll be close at all. Dwights almost putting up the same numbers as gasol (accept assists) and he's 21. It wont be the same at all.

Wow, did you MAROONS even bother reading the first few posts? Dwight being young doesn't automatically give him "extra points" in terms of HOW GOOD HE ACTUALLY IS RIGHT NOW. Just because he COULD BE a great center center in the future doesn't mean he is NOW. Him being younger than Gasol doesn't automatically make him better NOW. Top 3 center So Dwight is automatically better than any 3 of Yao, Amare, Duncan, Shaq, Gasol, JO(Who's doing 19/10/3/3), Camby(Who's doing 12/13/3/3), Okafor(Who's doing 14/11/1/3)? You can't DEFINITIVELY SAY THAT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Wow, did you MAROONS even bother reading the first few posts? Dwight being young doesn't automatically give him "extra points" in terms of HOW GOOD HE ACTUALLY IS RIGHT NOW. Just because he COULD BE a great center center in the future doesn't mean he is NOW. Him being younger than Gasol doesn't automatically make him better NOW. Top 3 center So Dwight is automatically better than any 3 of Yao, Amare, Duncan, Shaq, Gasol, JO(Who's doing 19/10/3/3), Camby(Who's doing 12/13/3/3), Okafor(Who's doing 14/11/1/3)? You can't DEFINITIVELY SAY THAT.
    He's definitely better than Camby & Okafor. And he's better than Amare.

He's not as good as Gasol, Duncan, Yao, Shaq or JO.

Banned

there's something to be said for having a guy who will snatch up every single rebound on defense, be large in the middle, and convert everytime he gets the ball in dunking range.

that is so huge to have in the NBA these days. he's not as good as Pau Gasol right now, no way, but he's definitely top, oh I dunno, 25.

JMEWLS

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    there's something to be said for having a guy who will snatch up every single rebound on defense, be large in the middle, and convert everytime he gets the ball in dunking range.

that is so huge to have in the NBA these days. he's not as good as Pau Gasol right now, no way, but he's definitely top, oh I dunno, 25.
    I would probably say AT LEAST, top 20.. easy

P-Forty21

Quote Originally Posted by JMEWLS
    I would probably say AT LEAST, top 20.. easy
    yeah if his team mates pass him the ball more

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Dwight still reminds me of a more athletic Kevin Willis. Even looks a bit like him.

That is not bad considering a prime Kevin Willis would be the 3rd best center in the league and it still remains to be seen how much Shaq has left.

JMEWLS

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
    Dwight still reminds me of a more athletic Kevin Willis. Even looks a bit like him.

That is not bad considering a prime Kevin Willis would be the 3rd best center in the league and it still remains to be seen how much Shaq has left.
    LOL !! come to think about it he actually does look abit like kevin willis.

: : :