Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers' attempts to get Dwight into staying have reached new levels of desperation

Quote Originally Posted by LoPro4u2c
    I don't remember them doing this when Kobe was a free agent.
    Bryant wasn't this wishy-washy plus their main competition was the Clippers from what I heard. Back then, that meant there was no contest.

Default Re: Lakers' attempts to get Dwight into staying have reached new levels of desperation

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    Weak attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVtqZgfFKgQ

^ This is how you do it.
    Was gonna post this. Absolutely pathetic

trade his ass for al horford and teague. then the hawks can sign cp3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    Weak attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVtqZgfFKgQ

^ This is how you do it.

ok that wins.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

I'm fvcking embarrassed. A big ass poster for a bitchmade clown.

Dwight, you're bitch made if you leave LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Don't really understand why. He's way overrated. He wasn't even the best player on a 7 seed team last year yet we have to listen to the constant media hype surrounding him and what team he goes to?
    Agreed. He's always been overrated. But the Lakers got a 75% version (sans his athleticism) of what he was from 2008 - 2012.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Agreed. He's always been overrated. But the Lakers got a 75% version (sans his athleticism) of what he was from 2008 - 2012.
    I say take 5% off cause of the shoulder. 10% off cause of his ego in the infamous Memphis meeting with Kobe and 5% off cause of D'Antoni's system. So in short we got a 55% Dwight Howard. I think next season we will get 100% Dwight - twice as better, twice as good, second best player in the league behind the King.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    I say take 5% off cause of the shoulder. 10% off cause of his ego in the infamous Memphis meeting with Kobe and 5% off cause of D'Antoni's system. So in short we got a 55% Dwight Howard. I think next season we will get 100% Dwight - twice as better, twice as good, second best player in the league behind the King.
    Dwight Howard without leaping ability is NOT a top five player in this league. Did you watch him this season? His shoulder used to get above the rim at times. Now? I saw him blow lay ups where he barely would've cleared a piece of paper on the ground. He's not shit without his athleticism. Basically a defensive role player.

Even a fully healthy Howard isn't the transcendent superstar he's made out to be. Being healthy won't change the fact that his post moves stink and his historically bad FT shooting is a huge detriment to the team. Oh yeah, and he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.

Even a fully healthy Howard isn't the transcendent superstar he's made out to be. Being healthy won't change the fact that his post moves stink and his historically bad FT shooting is a huge detriment to the team. Oh yeah, and he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.
    He's not transcendent when healthy, but do you even know what that word means when describing basketball players? The list is short:

LeBron
    Shaq
    MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Wilt
    Mikan

When healthy, and motivated to his full potential (Kobe's ego and delivery oppressed his motivations and Dwight acted passive aggressive for much of the season in spite) and the Lakers with just healthy Dwight and Kobe should've been a top three team in the league.

Even with the superficial fluff signing of a way over the hill Steve Nash, and a washed up Pau Gasol.

NBA lottery pick

I'm a Laker fan but if I'm D12 I would leave. I wouldn't place my future in the hands of Jim Buss and MDA.

Ummm...yes he is, without doubt. Offense, defense, rebounding are the three phases of the game. When healthy, he's the best combo in the latter two in the league, no question about it (and almost certainly the best in each, separately).

Even if you think he's below average among centers offensively, how can somebody who (when healthy) is almost certainly the best rebounder and defender not be a superstar (top 5 or so guys to me)?

He's not transcendent when healthy, but do you even know what that word means when describing basketball players? The list is short:

LeBron
    Shaq
    MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Wilt
    Mikan

When healthy, and motivated to his full potential (Kobe's ego and delivery oppressed his motivations and Dwight acted passive aggressive for much of the season in spite) and the Lakers with just healthy Dwight and Kobe should've been a top three team in the league.

Even with the superficial fluff signing of a way over the hill Steve Nash, and a washed up Pau Gasol.
    I meant guys who I would want as my #1 option if I'm building a championship team. Dwight isn't one of those guys imo. I've seen people putting him in the conversation with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and CP3, and I really don't think he belongs in that tier at all.

I meant guys who I would want as my #1 option if I'm building a championship team. Dwight isn't one of those guys imo. I've seen people putting him in the conversation with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and CP3, and I really don't think he belongs in that tier at all.
    I agree. He's a neo, dumb, egotistical, childish version of Bill Russell. But only he acts like he can put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis. Dwight would be better if he realized his limitations, and strictly put his efforts on defense and cleaning the glass for slop points and put backs. He'd be a bigger impact player without his ego and agenda on offense.