Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: NBA needs to learn to start rescheduling games

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Yep, the NBA's been screwed this year by the Knicks, Nets, and Lakers... and also add the Bulls to this list.

It's ridiculous. Portland, LAC, and Indiana are having pretty entertaining seasons but i can't even watch them.
    What? Bulls are 3rd in the East & are playing good basketball, 2nd best defense in the league.

While they are not entertaining offensively due to Rose being out, I still want to see them play. I love the team effort & the hard work on the boards & on the defensive end with Noah beasting & Jimmy Butler having a good season. Lakers, Nets & Knicks are a joke, but the Bulls are again a 2nd round Playoff team, which may not be much, but at least they can and probably will take a game or two against Miami.

You could say the Bulls too. They are really boring to watch, but they are pretty good at least.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    What? Bulls are 3rd in the East & are playing good basketball, 2nd best defense in the league.

While they are not entertaining offensively due to Rose being out, I still want to see them play. I love the team effort & the hard work on the boards & on the defensive end with Noah beasting & Jimmy Butler having a good season. Lakers, Nets & Knicks are a joke, but the Bulls are again a 2nd round Playoff team, which may not be much, but at least they can and probably will take a game or two against Miami.

They're level of play, however high you may think it is, certainly doesn't make them deserving of the number of nationally televised games they get.

They're level of play, however high you may think it is, certainly doesn't make them deserving of the number of nationally televised games they get.
    One of the biggest markets and a consistent Playoff team, I think they deserve the games they do get.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Yep, the NBA's been screwed this year by the Knicks, Nets, and Lakers... and also add the Bulls to this list.

It's ridiculous. Portland, LAC, and Indiana are having pretty entertaining seasons but i can't even watch them.
    Can't really blame them since they scheduled the games before the season started. They expected the Nets and Knicks to be good, at least as good as last year. They didn't expect Rose and Kobe to be reinjured. Bulls vs. Knicks should've been Rose v. Melo

I agree they should reschedule the games. Give us more GSW, LAC, POR, HOU, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    i rather watch a la defenders game than a boring ass orlando game
    i'd rather watch all games played by Milwaukee this season than watch 1 minute of the Lakers

Banned

its that the broadcaster are afraid to show other teams besides the lakers knicks and the heat.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Odumbb
    I want to see Orlando play because they are the Lakers D league team.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    No one wants to see the Knicks, Nets, or Lakers play.
    Those teams command huge markets. Doesn't matter what their record is they still get the larger TV ratings

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Those teams command huge markets. Doesn't matter what their record is they still get the larger TV ratings
    Not as much as good teams.

OP's right though. The Knicks, Lakers, hell, even the Nuggets are on national television every week. At the beginning of the season, ESPN did the Pistons@Kings match up. While it wasn't the best game, I still liked it, because I got to see some players I don't/can't watch on a weekly or even monthly basis. The lower seeded teams should be allowed to present themselves on national television too.
    Last edited by Uncle Drew; 03-02-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Not as much as good teams.
    You better start paying attention in school soon

Quote Originally Posted by leMVP
    Tornoto/Wizards are way more exciting to watch.
    this

oh and nobody wants to see the magic play either other than lakers fans maybe

Thing is, it doesn't matter what's "more exciting". These stations are going off expected ratings and pre-projected estimations of these teams winning. Market size plays a huge role here.

The Knicks, Nets, and Lakers are all big market teams with a lot of big names on their roster coming into the season and would have brought the most ratings from their fan bases alone. Plus, the Lakers just signed that huge TV deal not long ago. Knicks, Nets, and Lakers just got killed by the injury bug and under achieved. Doesn't mean their not going to come off national TV any time soon.

Also, bringing up the Wizards and Raptors ? I get the Wizards, since their young and the nation's capital city, but the Raptors ? You realize that if the Raptors are facing anybody in the league, only 1 US market gets recognized for the ratings, right ? Canadian markets don't get added into these American stations, so unless the Raptors are in a huge game, their not getting nationally televised games.

Infact, the last 2 nationally televised games were against the Hawks and Lakers. The last time they were in a nationally televised game before the Hawks game was in 2004. The only reason they aired the Hawks vs Raptors game is because of the Boston bombing situation that had to cancel the Celtics vs Pacers game last year. The reason why the Lakers vs Raptors game became nationally televised is because Kobe Bryant was making his season debut from injury. So both times, it was because of circumstances that had nothing to really do with the Raptors "excitement".

It's all business for these networks. Their going to keep their money first over emotions.

Who hoo, one Raptors game every decade!