Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

http://www.draftexpress.com/

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.

Default Re: DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.
    Can you teach Wiggins to be 7' or taller?

I understand your opinion, but gm's usually will draft a big over a wing player.......also judging by your 12000+ post count you already knew that.

Banned

if i would a team like bucks i would take wiggins or parker over embiid.

i just see a little less risk in this pick, embiid has huge potential, i think he is a little overrated because of his great hands and the fact that he is fluid but there is great work to be done with him.

if i am right bucks didn't want to tank before the season, and attacked the playoffs. with parker or wiggins they can do that in the east in 2015.

Banned

If you guys think the Bucks should take a sure thing, it's Jabari, not Wiggins. Even though I think Wiggins will be better than Jabari, he isn't as sure a thing as Parker is.

Clearly one poster who is clueless.

Love Live Life

I would take Embiid or Parker over Wiggins. I'm not sold on Wiggins yet

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....
    Wiggins is not a SF/PF tweener, unless you are referring to Parker.

Wiggins is stuck between 2 and 3, and will probably spend time at both positions at the next level. He is not a reliable enough ball handler at the NCAA level to be a full time 2 as he can't handle the traps and full court pressing yet. But as a pro he will likely play the 2 and 3, never the 4.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

draftexpress has the most accurate mock drafts that i've seen.. and yes you have to take joel embiid over parker and wiggins.. I haven't seen a big man like this since shaq in terms of god given physical gifts at the collegiate level. His size athleticism and fluidity makes him a can't miss once in a generation big man seriously. it's not even a question anymore.

one player who i think is being over looked is aaron gordon. he reminds me of a blake griffen (not as athletic tho) and a mix of david lee (with out the jump shot yet, altho he shows flashes of a knockdown j). I'm gonna say it right now.. I would pick him over julius randle. Actually.. aaron gordon > vonleh > WCS > randle.. yes I would pick his teammate Willie over randle. I just don't see the big deal with randle. He forces too many things, you don't know how many times I see him double teamed in the post and he'll either force it or turn it over all the time. With WCS wide open on the weak side all the time! He needs to stop forcing the issue if it's not there.

Every draft board I've seen has Embiid going #1 overall.

You can't teach tall

...plus his ridiculous potential.

oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer
    Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.
    Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.
    Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.
    Check defensive rating, rebounding %, stl %, blk%, NEVER raw stats.