Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I dont get why Deron Williams and Dwight Howard wont join the Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Whoever said that was wrong. Players are able to renegogiate contracts.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...ning-agreement
    idk y billups couldnt renegogiate his contract wit the knicks... that ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Didn't they sign Haywood after the CBA, which means they can't amnesty him?
    No, he was signed long term the offseason when we got Chandler.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Unlikely that Dwight will leave $30 million on the table. Unlikely.
    He'll make that back in a year off advertising and jersey sales in a big market.

because theyd have to live in texas

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    He'll make that back in a year off advertising and jersey sales in a big market.
    Please explain...[COLOR="White"]or just stfu because you don't have a clue what you're tallking about[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    Are you retarded? "Big market" means almost nothing these days. Especially for a player like Dwight. He is world-known and will be no matter what team he's on.

Not to mention the extra cash he'll get by avoiding state income taxes by staying in Florida (Texas has those, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
    idk y billups couldnt renegogiate his contract wit the knicks... that ***.
    Because you can only renegotiate on these new terms if your contract was signed during the new CBA. No old contracts are eligible.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Are you retarded? "Big market" means almost nothing these days. Especially for a player like Dwight. He is world-known and will be no matter what team he's on.

Not to mention the extra cash he'll get by avoiding state income taxes by staying in Florida (Texas has those, right?).

Texas does not have state income tax.

And I know most people are talking about how they can't fit max contracts in to the salary, but why would Dwight and Deron not consider doing exactly what Bosh Wade and James did with taking less money?

But this is a pipe dream anyways, with Deron actually being the strongest possibility, if anything.

No matter what though, the Mavs are going to have options with the salary. The best move may be to add some nice peices around Dirk, rather than pour most of the cap in to 3 players.

Local High School Star

Unlikely that Dwight will leave $30 million on the table. Unlikely.
    It would be unlikely if leaving really meant $30 million on the table. But presumably this is counting an the extra year that's eligiable. And which only matters if you don't think Dwight is going to get another huge contract after this one expires. Which he is. Dwight will not return to the Magic kingdom.

I would imagine D12 and Deron will end up in Dallas, though Jersey is possible or some sign and trade.

If the Nets dont trade for Howard then FA makes the Nets that much more appealing. Trade pieces in Lopez and Brooks. Bring in a possible 3rd star?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    If the Nets dont trade for Howard then FA makes the Nets that much more appealing. Trade pieces in Lopez and Brooks. Bring in a possible 3rd star?
    Yep plus a top draft pick

Dallas is more appealing with Dirk if all things are equal (to me). The Nets have no sure things. Dirk is a sure thing. However i don't believe all things are equal. They can pay Deron more, and i think he'd be the person pushing for Dallas more than Howard, who would be paid the same in both. Plus the Mavs have not moved Marion, nor am i sure how they would.

I think the Nets problem is their trade assets all got hurt, adn their pick is a shitty trade asset because as soon as you trade it, its no longer a lottery pick, because the east is such garbage that Howard will push them to the playoffs. I fully expect Howard to move before the trade deadline. The nets just have to hope its not to LA, because despite reports to the contrary, i can't see ho Howard, who fancies himself a future actor and whose GF lives in LA will find LA so terrible that he needs to give up extra money and leave.

If he doesn't move though, i think NJ is in a much stronger position than Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

Seeeing that the cap is right at $58 million there is no way to fit 2 max contracts in without making moves.
    They could just give Shawn Marion away to a team with cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They could just give Shawn Marion away to a team with cap space.
    It's not impossible but not so easy. And even if they do that, they are slightly under 2 max. So it's very similar to the Knicks where we could pay max (to Lebron & 1 more) but it wasn't full max.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    Pro's
    -Great GM and owner in Donnie Nelson and Cuban. How many times has the Mavs not made the playoffs with Cuban as a owner?
    -Dirk Nowitzki. Old, but he still great and now that he healthy he shows you how good he is.
    -Marion, Jason Terry and Roddy Beaubois (plus others) Marion might be gone, but it will probably only be Haywood (amnesty) Also you got Vince Carter, Ian Mahinmi.
    -The team would actully be built well with a strong inside man in Dwight, great shooting with Dirk and a hell of a pointguard in Deron.

Con's
    -Deron and Dwight wont get full money if Dirk does not change his contract up and Mavs trade away Marion for nothing.
    dirk cant just take less money. until his option is up, hes making what he makes. why would they leave money on the table? this isnt the 8 mil (thats 160 years of a 50k salary by the way) that bron left on the table, its more like 30 over the course of the contract.