Default How does Morey still have a Job?

Seriously this guy straight up plays 2K.

Seriously. Signing Ariza AGAIN, after they originally signed him in 2009. THEN TRADED HIM IN a salary Dump, AND NOW, they signed him again! TF?

Now, let's talk about in 2011, Jeremy Lin was claimed off waivers by Rockets. THEN, because Rockets had Dragic +Lowry, They WAIVED Lin. Then, Lin takes his happy ass to NY, goes crazy for a month, and then what happens?

Morey let's Dragic+Lowry go so that he can what? SIGN JEREMY LIN again in 2012!.

Then guess what? Summer of 2014, Morey gets tired of Lin and tries trading him so that he can sign a FA PG... Guess who? LOWRY!! The same guy he waived for lin!

Then talk about Asik, who he signs to a crazy deal to steal him away from the bulls and sells him on being a "starting Center".
    Then what does he do? He goes and gets a better starting Center. Haha. Gets Dwight. Then he salary dumps Asik. Haha.

Now! The idiot could have had Parsons on a Min. value contract this season, but Morey decides he's going bro allow him to become a restricted FA so that he can match any offer and he lets Parsons go! Lol.
    My god.

There's more. There's more.

But I'll let this sink in for y'all.

Default Re: How does Morey still have a Job?

Almost everything you said has a negative slant to it.

I would go into how there were benefits to every move he made (like signing D12 even with Asik... What a dumb move to land the NBAs best center) but its not worth the effort and won't change your mind.

But to answer your question, he took a three time end of lotto team to the 4th seed in the west without tanking and landing the two best players at their positions. That's how he keeps his job.

He seems like a swing for the fences guy. Doesn't want to just be "good", and he's willing to put his butt on the line to get there. He put everything into the Bosh basket and now that that's fallen through he doesn't really have a solid plan B to fall back on, which is understandable with the current crop of FA's.

"Downgrading" to Ariza probably isn't an issue for them as they likely see them producing the same sort of numbers, but with Ariza coming at half the cost.

Check his winning percentage. There's your answer.

Well he added two superstars in Harden and Howard without ever rebuilding. This offseason was bad for him and he struck out, and he should take some criticism for letting both Dragic and Lowry go.

Otherwise a team composed of Howard and Harden should be a contender with pieces around them.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Check his winning percentage. There's your answer.
    One playoff series win in 7 years.

And why do you ride Morey's dick so hard?
    Last edited by Johnny Jones; 07-14-2014 at 09:17 AM.

I rule the local playground

I get the feeling he's in constant "tinker" mode. This is shown by the cutting of players and then bringing them back when they look like the might fit the current needs.

It may pay off, but it also introduces a lot of uncertainty and doesn't give players to really gel together sometimes. Just a different style i guess.

Morey is a brilliant guy. He has Harden and Dwight Howard. HE did that.

Getting rid of Asik and Lin was a risk to see if he could get a 3rd star. He went for it and rolled the dice. Just didn't happen. It was a good risk.

However, Morey made a HUGE strategic mistake letting Parsons out of his deal. He over thought it, and it came back to bite him. So yeah, terrible offseason for Morey, but it happens when you take chances....

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Morey is a brilliant guy. He has Harden and Dwight Howard. HE did that.

Getting rid of Asik and Lin was a risk to see if he could get a 3rd star. He went for it and rolled the dice. Just didn't happen. It was a good risk.

However, Morey made a HUGE strategic mistake letting Parsons out of his deal. He over thought it, and it came back to bite him. So yeah, terrible offseason for Morey, but it happens when you take chances....
    Morey's armchair GM kind of guy, easily impressed by superficial stats with no real basketball insights and acumen. Harden and Dwight are great NBA 2k14 moves, building a real championship contender is about more than just stacking name players

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Morey's armchair GM kind of guy, easily impressed by superficial stats with no real basketball insights and acumen. Harden and Dwight are great NBA 2k14 moves, building a real championship contender is about more than just stacking name players
    Patrick Beverley, Terrence Jones, Chase Budinger, Nick Johnson, Chandler Parsons, Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Omer Asik??

He knows real talent, don't kid yourself. He's a gambler. That can be a strength and a weakness. People always say he only views players as assets, but to view them as an asset, you have to know their real value. That goes beyond a cap number.

I feel like he put a team together that could have done something if they stuck together (and had a different coach), but he gambled too much this offseason and now they're going to take a step back. He definitely deserves a fair amount of criticism, but people are using a lot of hindsight and going a little too far in their criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Patrick Beverley, Terrence Jones, Chase Budinger, Nick Johnson, Chandler Parsons, Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Omer Asik??

He knows real talent, don't kid yourself. He's a gambler. That can be a strength and a weakness. People always say he only views players as assets, but to view them as an asset, you have to know their real value. That goes beyond a cap number.

I feel like he put a team together that could have done something if they stuck together (and had a different coach), but he gambled too much this offseason and now they're going to take a step back. He definitely deserves a fair amount of criticism, but people are using a lot of hindsight and going a little too far in their criticisms.
    I think that'd might be one of Morey's flaws is that he doesn't appreciate the value of continuity. A gambler mindset will always have him feeling that his next move will be his best and that he can always make the team better with activity. We shall see but I think he needs to select a course and see it through at some point.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think that'd might be one of Morey's flaws is that he doesn't appreciate the value of continuity. A gambler mindset will always have him feeling that his next move will be his best and that he can always make the team better with activity. We shall see but I think he needs to select a course and see it through at some point.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I wanted him to match Parsons and let this core develop together.

He needs to hire a new coach, though, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    One playoff series win in 7 years.

And why do you ride Morey's dick so hard?

Obviously English isn't your strong suit. I suggest Hooked on Phonics.

Morey inherited 2 franchise players (Tmac, Yao) and lost both due to injuries. He turned over the entire roster yet has never had a losing season. Now he has two guys (Howard, Harden) in their prime to build around who are top 3 at their positions.

Only 4 teams had a better record than the Rockets this past year and they played in the West. In the east they would have been the top seed for sure.

He swung for the fence with Bosh and lost out but at least he is willing to take a risk. If you aren't lucky enough to land a Duncan/Lebron in the draft you have to be willing to take risks to become a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Obviously English isn't your strong suit. I suggest Hooked on Phonics.

Morey inherited 2 franchise players (Tmac, Yao) and lost both due to injuries. He turned over the entire roster yet has never had a losing season. Now he has two guys (Howard, Harden) in their prime to build around who are top 3 at their positions.

Only 4 teams had a better record than the Rockets this past year and they played in the West. In the east they would have been the top seed for sure.

He swung for the fence with Bosh and lost out but at least he is willing to take a risk. If you aren't lucky enough to land a Duncan/Lebron in the draft you have to be willing to take risks to become a contender.
    Pretty much . People are talking as if he dismantled a championship team.