Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bulls offseason ideas thread

noah and taj for brook lopez

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Keep Noah don't trade him unless we are trading to get better, trade for equal or better value. His trade value is low right now. You don't trade away serviceable centres unless you are winning the trade.

Trade Gibson. We need to open minutes for mirotic and now we have portis. That makes 4 natural Pfs we have to find minutes for.
    I like Taj but I understand that there is a log jam at PF and they still badly need a good PG who can space the floor and not commit a ton of mistakes.
    I say trade Taj to NY for Jose Calderon.
    Has a REALLY GOOD % from the 3pt line, career 41%. Career 6.7 assist to only 1.7 turnovers.
    In perspective, if most fans love Tony Parker's PG skills, his career ave is ONLY 5.9 assist to a higher 2.5 turnovers/game.
    Phil seems like on a rebuild mode.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I like Taj but I understand that there is a log jam at PF and they still badly need a good PG who can space the floor and not commit a ton of mistakes.
    I say trade Taj to NY for Jose Calderon.
    Has a REALLY GOOD % from the 3pt line, career 41%. Career 6.7 assist to only 1.7 turnovers.
    In perspective, if most fans love Tony Parker's PG skills, his career ave is ONLY 5.9 assist to a higher 2.5 turnovers/game.
    Phil seems like on a rebuild mode.
    Not bad. I'd prefer someone that can create their own shot, though, like Jamal Crawford.

And I'd still rather trade Pau than Gibson. I just think we could fetch more.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Not bad. I'd prefer someone that can create their own shot, though, like Jamal Crawford.

And I'd still rather trade Pau than Gibson. I just think we could fetch more.

Weirdly enough, I agree with you.

Pau put up great stats for us, but is old now and hurt us on help/team defense.

Perfect candidate to be traded IMO. But I know the management will look to move Noah or Gibson before him.

Weirdly enough, I agree with you.

Pau put up great stats for us, but is old now and hurt us on help/team defense.

Perfect candidate to be traded IMO. But I know the management will look to move Noah or Gibson before him.
    I never heard Pops looking to trade Duncan because he is "old" (actually 4 years older).
    It didn't help that he did looked slower esp the last 40 games bec Thibs overworked him, averaging 4 more mins/game inspite of having very good backups like Taj and Mirotic as compared to his last season with the Lakers.
    Don't get me wrong, but I hated more bec he lurked waay too much from beyond 12 feet instead of getting higher % shots and force double teams etc.
    But I agree, a Jamaal Crawford type would really help this team but it's going to cost more, Clips would ask atleast Snell and Gibson and another good player.
    I like Mo Williams who has been a regular contributor at 13pts/game, actually more at 17pts with Charlotte. Has career 38% from 3pt line but his last 3 years at only 34%.
    I also like Jameer Nelson.

I never heard Pops looking to trade Duncan because he is "old" (actually 4 years older).
    It didn't help that he did looked slower esp the last 40 games bec Thibs overworked him, averaging 4 more mins/game inspite of having very good backups like Taj and Mirotic as compared to his last season with the Lakers.
    Don't get me wrong, but I hated more bec he lurked waay too much from beyond 12 feet instead of getting higher % shots and force double teams etc.
    But I agree, a Jamaal Crawford type would really help this team but it's going to cost more, Clips would ask atleast Snell and Gibson and another good player.
    I like Mo Williams who has been a regular contributor at 13pts/game, actually more at 17pts with Charlotte. Has career 38% from 3pt line but his last 3 years at only 34%.

Jameer nelson would be my choice. Just a really solid point guard who can score and pass well.

I'm not saying I want pau gone, I'm just saying he has the highest value to contract trade value right now. Should nearly always sell high. Plus we have 4 natural PFs already.

Pau gasols help/team defense was pretty bad all year. I mean, really bad.

Jameer nelson would be my choice. Just a really solid point guard who can score and pass well.

I'm not saying I want pau gone, I'm just saying he has the highest value to contract trade value right now. Should nearly always sell high. Plus we have 4 natural PFs already.

Pau gasols help/team defense was pretty bad all year. I mean, really bad.
    Pau basically replaced Carlos Boozer in the lineup, and the Bulls have a higher defensive rating than last years so....but wait.
    Are you saying Boozer is a better help defender?
    But wait.
    2009, Pau played heavy minutes, Lakers was 4th best in defensive rating.
    08 and 2010, 6th best.
    Boozer goes to the Lakers, they were 29th in defense.
    Could it be that the Bulls losing Ron Adams, Thibs most trusted assistant has something to do with it? Bulls were always in the top 3 with him, he leaves and the team falls 10th place. Adams joins the Warriors and they became NO. 1 in defense.

Pau basically replaced Carlos Boozer in the lineup, and the Bulls have a higher defensive rating than last years so....but wait.
    Are you saying Boozer is a better help defender?
    But wait.
    2009, Pau played heavy minutes, Lakers was 4th best in defensive rating.
    08 and 2010, 6th best.
    Boozer goes to the Lakers, they were 29th in defense.
    Could it be that the Bulls losing Ron Adams, Thibs most trusted assistant has something to do with it? Bulls were always in the top 3 with him, he leaves and the team falls 10th place. Adams joins the Warriors and they became NO. 1 in defense.

From watching the games I could see Gasol's defense and he almost always avoided coming over to block or contest the shot at the rim.

Perhaps perimeter defenders are working harder to cover him? Noah? I can't explain the stats, but just watching the games I could see how deflating his lack of defense was on numerous occasions.

College superstar

Have you seen the Clippers big man rotation? Griffin. The end.

I bet you Clips would bite on a Pau for Crawford and a pick.

Pau//Udoh?
    Griffin//Baby?
    Stephenson//Jones//Hamilton?
    Redick//Hudson//Rivers
    Paul//Rivers

Not deep. They really need to sign some vets. But their strength, if they have one, is their guard rotation. Need Pau more than they need Crawford, and Pau is a flat-out better player. So why not get a pick, too?

From watching the games I could see Gasol's defense and he almost always avoided coming over to block or contest the shot at the rim.

Perhaps perimeter defenders are working harder to cover him? Noah? I can't explain the stats, but just watching the games I could see how deflating his lack of defense was on numerous occasions.
    Thibs being SO DEFENSIVELY oriented, would rather bench Mike Dunleavy in crucial situations when they struggled offensively vs the Wiz 2 years ago, preferred to play Pau heavy minutes
    But I am not going to say that he was very sharp, in reacting fast enough, but I strongly felt it was due to mental and physical fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Have you seen the Clippers big man rotation? Griffin. The end.

I bet you Clips would bite on a Pau for Crawford and a pick.

Pau//Udoh?
    Griffin//Baby?
    Stephenson//Jones//Hamilton?
    Redick//Hudson//Rivers
    Paul//Rivers

Not deep. They really need to sign some vets. But their strength, if they have one, is their guard rotation. Need Pau more than they need Crawford, and Pau is a flat-out better player. So why not get a pick, too?
    I like Crawford but I think you are overpricing him esp when he'll be done in 2 years.
    If Noah fails to regain his form, his old driven self, then the Bulls will need Pau to step in.