Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GSW will sure miss Andrew Bogut's inside presence

just look at what bogut did in the australia vs usa game... killed us with his physicality, passing and space creation skills ... these golden state clowns are gonna get creamed inside if the refs will call it within reason.

Default Re: gsw will sure miss bogut's inside presence

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

i honestly cant think of a current center that can do all the things bogut does. if the jumpshots dont fall next year, warriors will be shit out of luck. Theyre only smaller and softer now.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    i honestly cant think of a current center that can do all the things bogut does. if the jumpshots dont fall next year, warriors will be shit out of luck. Theyre only smaller and softer now.
    You can't think of a current center who is a great rebounder and shot blocker, a good passer, and can set illegal screens?

Actually, I don't think I can either

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You can't think of a current center who is a great rebounder and shot blocker, a good passer, and can set illegal screens?

Actually, I don't think I can either
    name a center that has Bogut's offensive IQ, dribbling on the perimeter, and passing ability, combined with shotblocking / defense.. good luck.

name a center that has Bogut's offensive IQ, dribbling on the perimeter, and passing ability, combined with shotblocking / defense.. good luck.
    Noah if he stops sucking is all I can think of

noah was kinda like bogut.. that is a good example , only thing i would say is he seems signifigantly smaller, less robust physically.

Bogut was playing for 20mpg last season, which fell to 16mpg in the playoffs, and then 12mpg in the finals before he got injured. He's hardly a key cog in the GS system that is based on outside shooting. They'll be fine with Zaza.

Not saying he's not a good player, because he can be an effective center in a system that can use him. But there will always be doubts about his injury record at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Bogut was playing for 20mpg last season, which fell to 16mpg in the playoffs, and then 12mpg in the finals before he got injured. [COLOR="DarkRed"]He's hardly a key cog in the GS system that is based on outside shooting[/COLOR]. They'll be fine with Zaza.
    despite those low minutes, he led the league in playoff blocks.. he's a fantastic rim protector. i disagree with the bolded because bogut was huge at setting screens and being used as a facilitator to find open guys. we've seen how hard it can be for durant and curry to get open in the playoffs without somebody laying the wood.. it's not pretty. zaza seems to me to be just a one dimensional hustle guy

despite those low minutes, he led the league in playoff blocks.. he's a fantastic rim protector. i disagree with the bolded because bogut was huge at setting screens and being used as a facilitator to find open guys. we've seen how hard it can be for durant and curry to get open in the playoffs without somebody laying the wood.. it's not pretty. zaza seems to me to be just a one dimensional hustle guy
    And yet his fantastic rim protection leads him in constant foul trouble, which limits his minutes. Despite all of those qualities you listed, how much impact can you have playing only a third or a quarter of the game? Aside from passing, he is offensively inept and terrible at the FT line. He really isn't as important as you make him out to be. Draymond is competent at setting illegal screens too.

GS 'go-to' 5 seems pretty obvious: Curry, Klay, Iggy, Durant and Draymond. This puts immense pressure on defenses and is as unguardable a five as I've seen. Boguts minutes would have probably fallen even further.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Despite all of those qualities you listed, how much impact can you have playing only a third or a quarter of the game? .
    a lot when you have such a unique role and are the only true competent big man on the team. Setting the tone physically is huge for this team.. there biggest weakness in the playoffs both last year and year before was their propensity for getting bullied off the floor early. it literally just happened. Bogut helps set the tone to keep the game within the game, the physical fight, squarely even, in time for the small ball line up to come in fresh and push the pace. They are more talented with Durant, and more explosive but will be even less consistent. And there greatest weakness will be magnified still. Draymond is 6'7.. he cant hang with 7 footers all game, nor can he clog the paint. He's a free safety not a lineman.

KAT

Decent playground baller

Well, he is in NY now, so don't expect sudden greatness.

a lot when you have such a unique role and are the only true competent big man on the team. Setting the tone physically is huge for this team.. there biggest weakness in the playoffs both last year and year before was their propensity for getting bullied off the floor early. it literally just happened. Bogut helps set the tone to keep the game within the game, the physical fight, squarely even, in time for the small ball line up to come in fresh and push the pace. They are more talented with Durant, and more explosive but will be even less consistent. And there greatest weakness will be magnified still. Draymond is 6'7.. he cant hang with 7 footers all game, nor can he clog the paint. He's a free safety not a lineman.
    Agreed. He did so much for the team that it's hard to imagine someone minimizing that.

His 'fight' opened up the flood gates for 3pt shooters, which GS is composed of. I'm not here to say he's better than Pachulia but he was more beneficial for this team specifically.

Great college starter

Default Re: GSW will sure miss Andrew Bogut's inside presence

only thing they will miss is his illegal screens/moving picks

https://twitter.com/simmybeats/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw