Irving
    Mills
    Simmons
    Baynes
    Bogut

Default Re: Kyrie Irving almost played for Australia

25 win team in the NBA

With Simmons in 4 years, Australia will be a threat to win gold.

I guess they're in the top tier of non-USA teams now? I don't follow very closely. Apparently Spain isn't good any more, and if Spain isn't good, I really know nothing about international ball...

But a team with 5-ish NBA players and Ben Simmons in 4 years will be a threat.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    25 win team in the NBA
    If Kyrie played for Australia today USA might have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    With Simmons in 4 years, Australia will be a threat to win gold.

I guess they're in the top tier of non-USA teams now? I don't follow very closely. Apparently Spain isn't good any more, and if Spain isn't good, I really know nothing about international ball...

But a team with 5-ish NBA players and Ben Simmons in 4 years will be a threat.
    Not if the US sends a legit roster. KD, Kawhi, AD, KAT, WB, Irving, Klay, BG, Harden, Lillard, PG, DMC, Buckets, Wall, Green, etc..

next aussies squad

Mills/Delly
    Exum/
    Simmons/Ingles
    Maker/Andersen
    Bogut/Baynes

They matchup pretty well versus USA if Kyrie did play for them.

You Aussies were taken for granted and the result was a close ass game. Bogut is a key factor in how they perform, and if his knee isn't giving him trouble, they'll be a tough out for everyone else. Still, I expect Team USA to run a train on them if they do happen to meet again...figuratively speaking of course.

If Rio didn't have poop water and zika virus

PG: CP3 - Westbrook
    SG: Curry - Harden - Klay
    SF: Leonard - KD - PG
    PF: LeBron - Green
    C : AD - Boogie

This discussion wouldn't even matter. That's more experience, more bball IQ, more versatility, more athleticism, more defense, more scoring and better shooting.

Even when Australia gets Simmons, we'll still have the more stacked roster. They're going to be the biggest competitors to us along with Canada in the foreseeable future.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    If Rio didn't have poop water and zika virus

PG: CP3 - Westbrook
    SG: Curry - Harden - Klay
    SF: Leonard - KD - PG
    PF: LeBron - Green
    C : AD - Boogie

This discussion wouldn't even matter. That's more experience, more bball IQ, more versatility, more athleticism, more defense, more scoring and better shooting.

Even when Australia gets Simmons, we'll still have the more stacked roster. They're going to be the biggest competitors to us along with Canada in the foreseeable future.
    I don't see Westbrook's game translating all that well in an international setting and especially not on a team that already has CP3 and LeBron. Kyrie was always going to be on this team with it being Coach K's last go-round. And, the fact that he was tournament MVP in the 2014 World Cup? It was a done deal.

The 2014 World Cup team was actually the most dominating US team in recent years. They started Irving, Curry and Harden together and had AD and Faried up-front. It was a great combination of shooting, multiple primary and secondary playmakers, and two guys who complimented each other extremely well inside.

Westbrook wasn't bad in 2010 and 2012. LeBron and CP3 have functioned at a high level together multiple times on the way to winning gold.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The 2014 World Cup team was actually the most dominating US team in recent years.
    The 2014 team also faced by far the worst competition of any the ones they're being compared with.

Redeem Team was as dominant but most certainly greater. And faced the best possible versions of the competition. Slightly lesser extent 2012 as well.

Disappointing and odd Kyrie considers himself Australian at heart. Yet was born to two American parents, moved back to the states at 2, and spent all his formidable years growing up as well as learning his craft in America. So why is he playing for Team USA?

Last edited by SamuraiSWISH; 08-11-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Westbrook wasn't bad in 2010 and 2012. LeBron and CP3 have functioned at a high level together multiple times on the way to winning gold.

The 2014 team also faced by far the worst competition of any the ones they're being compared with.

Redeem Team was as dominant but most certainly greater. And faced the best possible versions of the competition. Slightly lesser extent 2012 as well.

Disappointing and odd Kyrie considers himself Australian at heart. Yet was born to two American parents, moved back to the states at 2, and spent all his formidable years growing up as well as learning his craft in America. So why is he playing for Team USA?

Cultural Marxism got to him in college inevitably, and he hates America.

But he's awesome, and I love him!