Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Cavs resting Kevin Love against Wizards

Cleveland hasn't played since Monday, but Lue decided to extend the break for Love.

Lue wants to get his starters and rotational players some rest as the Cavs gear up for the playoffs and make a run at their second straight Finals.

James is expected to sit out some upcoming games. As of Thursday, James said he and Lue had not yet outlined a strategy to get him some time off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-...9341--nba.html

Default Re: Cavs resting Kevin Love against Wizards

Greg Popovich changed the NBA forever

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

You would think with a new coach with about 20games under his belt, getting them to play together would be the priority over rest.

Cavs has lacked chemistry and resting the big three aint going to help. These guys are conditioned athletes that are built to withstand these 82 games seasons. We ain't talking about some old dude. Irving, James, and Love are STILL young.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Cleveland hasn't played since Monday, but Lue decided to extend the break for Love.

Lue wants to get his starters and rotational players some rest as the Cavs gear up for the playoffs and make a run at their second straight Finals.

James is expected to sit out some upcoming games. As of Thursday, James said he and Lue had not yet outlined a strategy to get him some time off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-...9341--nba.html
    LeBron the assistant coach.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    You would think with a new coach with about 20games under his belt, getting them to play together would be the priority over rest.

Cavs has lacked chemistry and resting the big three aint going to help. These guys are conditioned athletes that are built to withstand these 82 games seasons. We ain't talking about some old dude. Irving, James, and Love are STILL young.
    James is old by NBA standards, especially by MP and GP. Kyrie and Love have less wear/tear but have dealt with injuries in the past year.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Greg Popovich changed the NBA forever
    Yes he did. But I can see why he did it. His best players were getting up in age and rather than risk injury he rested them. He got a lot of flack for it in the beginning and gave 0 Fvcks, IIRC. But he definitely started the trend.

But I'm still trying to wrap my head around these younger players needing to rest and take games off. I mean you had players like Iverson who played 40 minutes a game and never took games off. It's baffling to me.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    Yes he did. But I can see why he did it. His best players were getting up in age and rather than risk injury he rested them. He got a lot of flack for it in the beginning and gave 0 Fvcks, IIRC. But he definitely started the trend.

But I'm still trying to wrap my head around these younger players needing to rest and take games off. I mean you had players like Iverson who played 40 minutes a game and never took games off. It's baffling to me.
    They don't "need" to. But it's been shown that more rest is better.

I can work 70-100 hours a week; I've done it for a 9 month span. But that doesn't mean that I should have to, nor does it mean that working that much doesn't affect my effectiveness.

People don't realize K Love has been playing with a wonky back all year. He's said himself he's at less than 75%. He needs a month off at least but Lebron won't let him take it even though LBJ himself took a bunch of time off last year to go party in Miami.

I don't see why a guy in his mid 20's needs to take an entire game off. Especially when you're in a battle for 1st place with Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I don't see why a guy in his mid 20's needs to take an entire game off. Especially when you're in a battle for 1st place with Toronto.
    Cavs don't care about Toronto.

Anyways like I said, NBA has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Resting to beat the Celtics. They should value the game equally because of what you said, but the Celtics game is a statement game after what happened last time.

Thing is our ball handlers (Turner, Isaiah, Smart) are all getting better in the half-court which is what made them struggle to finish games against teams like the Cavs. Our offensive chemistry is rounding into playoff form, and that Cavs game is gonna be like a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Cavs don't care about Toronto.

Anyways like I said, NBA has changed.

The Raptors, with HCA, can beat the Cavs in the playoffs. If the Cavs don't think HCA matters, they are making a serious mistake.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Resting to beat the Celtics. They should value the game equally because of what you said, but the Celtics game is a statement game after what happened last time.

Thing is our ball handlers (Turner, Isaiah, Smart) are all getting better in the half-court which is what made them struggle to finish games against teams like the Cavs. Our offensive chemistry is rounding into playoff form, and that Cavs game is gonna be like a playoff game.
    That young team is great. I love watching Isaiah. He's like the happiest guy on the court all the time. They are well coached and give their A+ every night. They look like they love playing with each other. Nothing like a young team growing together. I suspect they will give Warriors hell when the come to Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    That young team is great. I love watching Isaiah. He's like the happiest guy on the court all the time. They are well coached and give their A+ every night. They look like they love playing with each other. Nothing like a young team growing together. I suspect they will give Warriors hell when the come to Oracle.
    The last two games between the Celtics and Warriors have been great ones.

The Warriors are learning how to better face the Celtics, but our game-plan for Curry has been pretty effective: let Klay and Dray beat them.

April 1st

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    The last two games between the Celtics and Warriors have been great ones.

The Warriors are learning how to better face the Celtics, but our game-plan for Curry has been pretty effective: let Klay and Dray beat them.

April 1st
    That's another great thing about them. They play ridiculous defense for such a young team. And they've all bought into it. And IT has improved his offensive game a lot over the course of this season. Exciting times for Celtics fans. You have to be happy with where your team is heading.