Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Russel Westbrook heat check

How are those two plays the same?

CP3 did it when their team was up 1 and there was <10 seconds left in the game. Westbrook did it with 2:30 left in the third with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

CP3 did it when their team was up 1 and there was <10 seconds left in the game. Westbrook did it with 2:30 left in the third with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.
    I think its funny people are trying to defend Westbrick in this situation, it is obvious he has the IQ of a potato.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I think its funny people are trying to defend Westbrick in this situation, it is obvious he has the IQ of a potato.
    And it's obvious that you're an ignorant asshat incapable of seeing past your personal biases against certain players to provide any sort of objectivity to the discussion.

The play that was linked on here where Chris Paul did the exact same thing, but with better execution, is just one time. I've seen a couple of games this year where he did the exact same thing. Dribbled across halfcourt, saw a player coming at him to intentionally foul for whatever reason (once it was in the first half I believe and the other team had a foul to give and were going to use it) and Paul jacked up a shot from around halfcourt. Again, for like the 5th time, you can CLEARLY see on the replay Neal ran right up to Westbrook and put both hands on him. He was going to foul. The OKC TV guys even said they heard Popovich telling him to go foul Westbrook. Westbrook, unfortunately, just mistimed the shot and let it fly a half second too early.

I'm not even really defending Westbrook. Maybe a foul should've been called but he shouldn't have been awarded shots. Paul wasn't given shots either time I saw him do it this year. I'm tired of seeing you needlessly rip on Westbrook, especially over something like this where, had the foul been called, it would've looked like a smart play. Then, when someone points out maybe the smartest PG in the league has done the same thing multiple times this year, you still refuse to accept that it's the exact same play but with better execution. And the better execution part has nothing to do with Westbrook's low basketball IQ. He just mistimed the shot. That's it. He was going to get fouled and, to be honest, there could've been a foul called since Neal put both hands on Westbrook's stomach as he elevated to shoot the ball.

OP is furious Westbrook is better than his hero Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    OP is furious Westbrook is better than his hero Kyrie.
    Brandon isn't the OP.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And it's obvious that you're an ignorant asshat incapable of seeing past your personal biases against certain players to provide any sort of objectivity to the discussion.

The play that was linked on here where Chris Paul did the exact same thing, but with better execution, is just one time. I've seen a couple of games this year where he did the exact same thing. Dribbled across halfcourt, saw a player coming at him to intentionally foul for whatever reason (once it was in the first half I believe and the other team had a foul to give and were going to use it) and Paul jacked up a shot from around halfcourt. Again, for like the 5th time, you can CLEARLY see on the replay Neal ran right up to Westbrook and put both hands on him. He was going to foul. The OKC TV guys even said they heard Popovich telling him to go foul Westbrook. Westbrook, unfortunately, just mistimed the shot and let it fly a half second too early.

I'm not even really defending Westbrook. Maybe a foul should've been called but he shouldn't have been awarded shots. Paul wasn't given shots either time I saw him do it this year. I'm tired of seeing you needlessly rip on Westbrook, especially over something like this where, had the foul been called, it would've looked like a smart play. Then, when someone points out maybe the smartest PG in the league has done the same thing multiple times this year, you still refuse to accept that it's the exact same play but with better execution. And the better execution part has nothing to do with Westbrook's low basketball IQ. He just mistimed the shot. That's it. He was going to get fouled and, to be honest, there could've been a foul called since Neal put both hands on Westbrook's stomach as he elevated to shoot the ball.
    lol,no one will calls foul like that

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Brandon isn't the OP.
    RRR3=idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

so which one is more likely to lose you the game if the ref doesn't blow a whistle?

pretty sure i seen cp3 turn the ball over with under 10 seconds left up 3, and lo and behold the spurs hit a 3 to tie the game on the turnover and end up winning the game in OT. i guess high IQ isnt always high IQ

brenda always reaching

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    this is not half court,big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    this is not half court,big difference
    Really? Are you that stupid? He still launched the ball just a few steps across halfcourt. It's not like he was just a few feet behind the FT line.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I'm an OKC fan and Westbrook is my favorite player.

Didn't know a 60 year old man could be so childish.

You're a goofy fool.
    u re 2 yrs old baby

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    RRR3=idiot.
    Eh well, Michael Wilbon might be an Irving fanboy/Westbrook hater ?

But yeah, I knew you meant Brandon. He contributes to everything anti-Westbrook. Westbrook would have to play perfect and it still wouldn't satisfy him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Really? Are you that stupid? He still launched the ball just a few steps across halfcourt. It's not like he was just a few feet behind the FT line.
    u dun understand wt is half court,thunder stans

Registered in 2006 and you have 58 posts, most of which have been in the last few days. Hmm....

Please explain what half court means. Look where Paul launched it from:

In comparison to Westbrook:

Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 03-12-2013 at 10:57 PM.