Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Avery Bradley proving best perimeter D

Best perimeter D amongst PGs yes, full-court pressure and so on, he is limited guarding PGs and ofcourse he does that better than anybody... but thats just to one dimensional to call it best perimeter D all in all for me at least....

Tony Allen has more dimensions to his perimeter D and Lebron has the most....

So it depends on what you call best Perimeter D, the guy that can defend any perimeter player (PG/SG/SF) or the guy that defends one specific position better than anybody (PG)
    Last edited by pauk; 03-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I think most people rank Bradley #1 and try to suggest that Shump and Bledsoe are overrated. Tony Allen gets overlooked but he's still #1 to me.
    How does Tony Allen get overlooked? He was all first team defense last year and is widely considered by most to be the best perimeter defender in the league.

Best perimeter defenders are Allen, Bradley, Sefolosha, and Battier.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Yeah hes the #1 perimeter defender atm no doubt and in regards to Lee being 6'5 my god he looks small for 6''5 on tv he looks no bigger than 6'3 to me.

Avery Bradley is a legit 6'2". (6'3.25" in his shoes.) Courtney Lee is 6'3.50" (6'4.75" in his shoes).
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-11-2013 at 12:52 PM.

2008 NBA Pre Draft Measurements ( Measurements that are not listed at NBA Draft express.)

Courtney Lee - 6'3 1/2
    Serge Ibaka 6'8 1/2
    Mario Chalmers 6'0 1/2
    Ryan Anderson 6'8"
    Roy Hibbert 7'0 1/2"
    Alexis Ajinca 6'10"
    JJ Hickson 6'7 1/2
    Danilo Gallinari 6'9"

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...sp-mockchart26

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    How does Tony Allen get overlooked? He was all first team defense last year and is widely considered by most to be the best perimeter defender in the league.

Battier? Havent seen Battier guard a perimeter player since the NBA Finals anyways (and there he got torched by Durant). Nah, Lebron is a much better perimeter defender than Battier, even Wade is...

Best perimeter defenders are these guys when they turn it on:

Lebron (can shut down any perimeter player)
    Bradley (one dimensional but best at that dimension)
    Allen (can shut down pgs/sgs)
    Igoudala (guards any perimeter player)
    Sefolosha (guards any perimeter player)

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

Battier is far from his prime. Still a nice role player, but he hasn't been elite on defense for the last few seasons. He actually got torched all last season. But he made up for it going retarded from 3pt land in the Finals

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Of course he locked up Westbrick he is an average ball handler and has the IQ of a peanut, whenever he goes against a good defender this happens.

Avery Bradley is the best perimeter defender next to tony allen

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Not trying to discredit Bradley's D, but don't use yesterday's game vs Westbrook as a measuring stick. He's coming off a pretty nasty ankle roll he suffered against the Lakers on Friday. He was obviously hindered. Didn't even try to attack the rim like he usually does.

Serious playground baller Nezty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Best perimeter D amongst PGs yes, full-court pressure and so on, he is limited guarding PGs and ofcourse he does that better than anybody... but thats just to one dimensional to call it best perimeter D all in all for me at least....

So it depends on what you call best Perimeter D, the guy that can defend any perimeter player (PG/SG/SF) or the guy that defends one specific position better than anybody (PG)

I don't get why everyone sweats LeBron's D when he never even guards the best opposing offensive player. How is his D that great, I can't see.

Look, pauk made this about LeBron!

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

damn will be watching celts game cuz of his d now

Must...not....make.....inappropriate.....***** jokes.....

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

This thread is gonna turn into pauk/lebron23 vs kennethgriffin/riphtetik/rysio

Lebron (can shut down any perimeter player)
    Igoudala (guards any perimeter player)
    Sefolosha (guards any perimeter player)
    Why not say the same thing about Sefolosha and Iguodala as you did LeBron? You very well could argue Iguodala is a better defender than LeBron and he's more than capable of "shutting down perimeter player."

I won't try and make a case or Thabo. He struggles a little more with bigger perimeter players, but he's excellent at using his size and length to bother guards shorter than him.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Look, pauk made this about LeBron!
    In other news, water is wet.

Seriously, a thread to appreciate how great of a defender Avery Bradley is, and he of course comes in and tries to make it about LeBron. I probably shouldn't have responded to his post, but he did his usual thing where he sorta kinda compliments a player by saying they're in the same category as LeBron, but then he follows it up with a backhand compliment..."LeBron can shutdown any perimeter player" compared to "Iguodala can guard any perimeter player."