Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James..."check my stats".

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Bruce got a t-shirt

This thread was funny...

Serious playground baller

[QUOTE=livia]Wanna rush to purchase LeBron

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

The shirt still means money. As much as I

Smile Re: LeBron James..."check my stats".

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    The dollar sign to me makes "stats" mean "money". Financial stats, if you will.

Just looks like some more arrogance he picked up from Jay-Z. Still don't see a problem with it, because he obviously doesn't give a **** what any of us think.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    The shirt still means money. As much as I

from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I don't care about stats. It's all about winning championships and so far Kobe has 4 and LeBron has 0.

I'm not even a big Kobe fan but the fact is Kobe just won his 4th championship while LeBron hasn't won anything yet.

Don't even compare LeBron (or Kobe for that matter) to Jordan. When LeBron (or Kobe) win 6 titles or more and win them doing it in a 3 peat both times then you can say they might be close to Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    I don't have a problem with it either....

Let's check his stats:
    04-05:
    LeBron 27.2ppg 7.4reb 7.2ast 47%fg 2.2stl .7blk

05-06
    LeBron 31.4ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk

06-07
    LeBron 27.3ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk

07-08
    LeBron 30.0ppg 7.9reb 7.2ast 48%fg 1.8stl 1.1blk

08-09
    LeBron 28.4ppg 7.6reb 7.2ast 49%fg 1.7stl 1.1blk

Accumulated stats the last 5 years:
    LeBron James 28.9ppg 7.3reb 6.9ast 48%fg 1.8stl .9blk

LeBron vs Orlando 2009 playoffs...38.5ppg 48.7%fg 8.3reb 8ast 1.16blk 1.16stl

Playoffs 2009: 35.3ppg 51%fg 9reb 7ast

LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 11 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times in 6 seasons, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak.

Became the youngest player in NBA history to score 11,000 points (23 years, 324 days) and 12,000 points (24 years, 35 days) during the season.

Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.

Scored 41 points in three of the Cavs first eight games (41 vs. Chi on Nov. 5th and 8th and 41 vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11th), becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1991 to score 40-or-more in at least three of a team's first eight games of a season.
    With 38 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three blocks and four steals versus Boston on Jan. 9, he became the first person reach those numbers in a game since David Robinson on March 19, 1994.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

Tallied 33 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists on Jan. 24th at Utah, becoming the first player to record at least those numbers in a non-overtime game since Kevin Garnett in 2004.

At Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4th, James posted 52 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists and two blocks against the Knicks. The last player to have at least those numbers in a game was Wilt Chamberlain on March 18th, 1968. He joined Michael Jordan as the only two visitors to MSG to have multiple 50-point games.

Made a 2008-09 NBA season-high tying eight three-pointers on 11 attempts on his way to a season-best 55 points at Milwaukee on Feb. 20.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

With a PER ranking above 31.5, James is on pace to not only lead the league , but also have one of the top three seasons all-time (Michael Jordan currently owns the top four seasons: 1987-91).

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.

That's a nice resume.

Learning to shoot layups laker24's Avatar

Real basketball fan know stats are not as important as people make them out to be. I'm tired of hear how Lebron didn't have any help with the cavs. Going into the playoffs, everybody their momma was picking the cavs to win it all. The problem was that the cavs didn

You guys blow anything way out of proportion.

Banned

Could mean "Tats" as in tatoos.

BTW- Lebron >>>>>> Kobe.

Banned

Came here curious what ISH thought of LeBron's Check My $tats shirt, didn't expect a bruceblitz meltdown.

Gotta love the Ringless LeBron era

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

Well, now he has stats and achievements.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AkronAngel
    only after playing 4/5 years on the most stacked team in the league in an all time weak conference

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Yeah, Amare would be nice. If I could pick a roster around LeBron with anyone in the NBA I would go:

Jason Kidd
    Brandon Roy
    LeBron James
    Kevin Garnett
    Yao Ming

This isn't fantasy basketball though. So it would be nice to see the Cavs get a solid low scoring presence in the post. Other than LeBron, Joe Smith was their best post player from this past season, that's not saying much.
    WHAT?!?

Bruce creating stacked Lebron teams before it was even trendy.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AkronAngel
    I respect his stats more.

At least they are somewhat "uncollated".

Banned

If only LeBron had Gasol to help him beat Dwight that year

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    If only LeBron had Gasol to help him beat Dwight that year
    Who did dwight have?