Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Why is D'angelo Russell already overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Jesus was real and was crucified...Whether or not you believe in Christianity, the Crucifixion of Jesus actually happened...
    Most historians think that yes but in my mind there was the actual man he was based on (who wasn't called jesus) and then there's the mythological being who is gods son and still exists. Either way if you draft a guy who's been dead for thousands of years it's still a wasted pick. Maybe they will trade for Len Bias's draft rights?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Most historians think that yes but in my mind there was the actual man he was based on (who wasn't called jesus) and then there's the mythological being who is gods son and still exists. Either way if you draft a guy who's been dead for thousands of years it's still a wasted pick. Maybe they will trade for Len Bias's draft rights?
    I don't care about comparing Russell to whatever. I'm not a Christian myself. But it is historical fact that there was a dude named Jesus who was crucified by the Romans which kickstarted Christianity. And I guess technically you're right, Jesus was called "Yeshua" back then.

I don't even know why I am arguing, it just annoys me when people don't believe in facts.

Banned

I don't care about comparing Russell to whatever. I'm not a Christian myself. But it is historical fact that there was a dude named Jesus who was crucified by the Romans which kickstarted Christianity. And I guess technically you're right, Jesus was called "Yeshua" back then.

I don't even know why I am arguing, it just annoys me when people don't believe in facts.

Did you even read my post? I and most historians consider them two different entities now. Yes there was a Jesus who was crucified and a was a gifted preacher who gained a large following but no he was not the son of god and is a not a super powered being. It's a case of a real person morphing in to a myth.

It's the same thing as yes there was a saint named Nicholas but no he did not fly around the world giving out presents and he and santa claus can be treated as two different people.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    alpha mentality
    high praise from elite names/former/current players
    #2 pick
    #1 level projections
    drafted by the #1 franchise in sports history
    players "mesmerized" first day of practice
    most confident rookie i've seen since kobe
    hes already mastered nash type prime english curved passes before entering th eleague
    players say he hits them at exactly the right time on cuts/breaks like no other theyve seen
    he hit 90% threes in his audition
    hes not an ugly babbling buffoon like okafor
    hes charismatic
    he vocally said he wants to lead from day one.
    he said he'l treat every practice like its the playoffs

the kid can do no wrong so far in life. i see great things coming from him
    Salvia.

Did you even read my post? I and most historians consider them two different entities now. Yes there was a Jesus who was crucified and a was a gifted preacher who gained a large following but no he was not the son of god and is a not a super powered being. It's a case of a real person morphing in to a myth.

It's the same thing as yes there was a saint named Nicholas but no he did not fly around the world giving out presents and he and santa claus can be treated as two different people.
    Like I said, I don't even know myself why I am even arguing.

Banned

Like I said, I don't even know myself why I am even arguing.
    Me either. Either way branslowski post was stupid .

Did you see Bennett put up 17 points for Canada against Argentina? He was perfect from the floor and is being hyped as winning the game for them. Maybe he will find some confidence and perform well this season. Andrew Nicholson had 24pts 12rbs too

Me either. Either way branslowski post was stupid .

Did you see Bennett put up 17 points for Canada against Argentina? He was perfect from the floor and is being hyped as winning the game for them. Maybe he will find some confidence and perform well this season. Andrew Nicholson had 24pts 12rbs too
    Bennett still sucks. He wont do anything ever in the NBA.

Banned

Bennett still sucks. He wont do anything ever in the NBA.
    I still hope he becomes a good back up guy. He has the tools to stick around in the league he just needs to find his niche and his role imo. He definitely isn't a top pick, if he were taken in the 10-20 range and could spend a couple years developing outside the spotlight as a bench guy I think he'd have been ok.