Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?

I think the players are waiting for an NBA head coach to arrive.

NBA lottery pick

Elliott Teaford: By the way, the "Fire Mike Brown," shouts are a little more frequent tonight. No chanting as of yet. This ain't New York. #Lakers Twitter @ElliottTeaford
    Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.

Da Mavs

Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.

Home of the 16

Our roster last year was way better

I'm kidding ... FIRE MIKE BROWN ALREADY. If they win the next game, they're still going to struggle as long as he's the head coach.

This is crazy and an insult. It's like saying the 07' Cavs is x10 better than this team. F*** outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.
    this is why i made this topic....he is going to ruin this year....and get fired by getting bounced in the playoffs...

new coach comes in summer and another year is lost trying to implement his system and u cant expect a new coach to win in his 1st year....

I would be proactive in firing this idiot and waste this year...but atleast win next year

Would you welcome Phil Jackson back?

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.
    Last edited by bladefd; 11-03-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Now u r talking... I would beg him to come... But it wont come to that :)

Local High School Star

i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.

THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.

D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so
    I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team Yeah......not so funny anymore

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so
    I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team Yeah......not so funny anymore
    Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.

good for you.....the panic is on how they lost rather than they lost....I would be ok if they lost hard fought games...but not games where they showed up to earn pay check

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning
    Yes, we were both over the Lakers hiring of Brown from day 1.

Nate McMillan is a good coach, but for me he seems to be missing something.....I can't even tell you what? Maybe a lack of calm under pressure? I think he could get us to the finals but couldn't win it.

Learning to shoot layups

The only comparison I can make to describe my frustration with Mike Brown is this; Imagine the Lakers with a legit coach as a fortress or castle. Strong, imposing, undefeatable. That same team with Mike Brown is a fortress or castle made of playing cards.