Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Give this girl a Rose! Chicago-Rose's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan Compares Nicholas Batum to Scottie Pippen

Very high praise from God about this Batum kid. I must watch him more closely from now on.

Bol'd over

Looks like Prince was his father

Not airballing my layups anymore

lol Hyperbole aside, I am very impressed by Batum thus far. At the very least, he'll be one of those glue guys that all winning teams need. A surefire defensive stopper.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago-Rose
    Very high praise from God about this Batum kid. I must watch him more closely from now on.
    lol Jordan was only God while playing. He's barely a peasant as an exec.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago-Rose
    Check out the Batum Connection on youtube. He's got a whole stack of Batum highlights from each game

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebatumconnection

--Bonjour! Je m'appelle Nicolas Batum. Le slam! Le block! Un, deux, TROIS! Encore, s'il vous plait! Un, deux, TROIS! O

the guy is underrated now but with jordan's comment, he will now be overrated.
    but seriously the kid is just solid. hits open 3s, plays great defense, doesnt make boneheaded decisions. overall solid role player. instrumental to the blazer's success this season

I would like to hear Pippen's response to Jordan's comments. Think about that...
    But is Batum talented? Yea, sure.
    Will he ever be like Pippen in the future? No.
    You could make the comparisons this year, but like someone else said, it ends at that.

Banned

Batum is Trevor Ariza Junior with more potential but he will never be as good as Pippen even if he works his ass off every off season and reaches his full potential, sorry Batum.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    Batum is Trevor Ariza Junior with more potential but he will never be as good as Pippen even if he works his ass off every off season and reaches his full potential, sorry Batum.
    BINGO!

Scottie was a skinny nothing his rookie year with no offense. If anything, Batum is ahead of Scottie right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Scottie was a skinny nothing his rookie year with no offense. If anything, Batum is ahead of Scottie right now.

You are the biggest idiot on this board.

A more apt comparison for your boy Batum is Tayshaun Prince. That is what Batum should be aiming for because he is not, and never will be the quality allaround player that Pippen was. You do realize that Pippen could handle the ball and had the vision and passing ability of a point guard, with the shooting of a shooting guard, and a post game and strength of a PF, all in a really athletic and INSANELY long body who was one of the hardest workers in the league?

Of those things, all Batum has is the athletic body and length. There is no way Batum will EVER develop into even close the player that Pippen was.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I would like to hear Pippen's response to Jordan's comments.
    I'd like to hear Jordan's response to Pippen's guarantee in 2006 that LeBron will end up becoming better than him (Jordan, I mean).

I would also like to watch Michael spit out his beverage, if he's taking a drink from one at the time, when he hears that Scottie called himself a top-ten player ever.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    I'm alwaysw cautious about using the word NEVER with guys who have high BBIQ... look at Stockton, Pippen, Porter... guys who were nobodies, and used their great BBall IQ and hard work to be a great of their time.

Not that I'm implying Batum is that, just that using the word never with a smart player is foolish IMO. I would never say "never" about Scola, or Bayless, or Batum, or Rose... all of them are smart players first, with varying levels of natural ability to improve upon and hone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    I'm alwaysw cautious about using the word NEVER with guys who have high BBIQ... look at Stockton, Pippen, Porter... guys who were nobodies, and used their great BBall IQ and hard work to be a great of their time.

Not that I'm implying Batum is that, just that using the word never with a smart player is foolish IMO. I would never say "never" about Scola, or Bayless, or Batum, or Rose... all of them are smart players first, with varying levels of natural ability to improve upon and hone.
    That is because you are a blind homer who also thinks Oden isn't a bust and Jarryd Bayless will become one of the best combo guards in the league. Me on the other hand, with a firm grasp on the basketball world, I find it safe to say that Batum will never reach near the level of Scotty Pippen.