Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind
 
ncrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,120
ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
But you think Irving would be chosen by the coaches ahead of Holiday?

thats a tough one. We will have to see how he plays these next few weeks. holiday has been playing great and consistent. Hes also actually leading his team to wins. But at the end of the day, I think its obvious who the better PG is
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
thats a tough one. We will have to see how he plays these next few weeks. holiday has been playing great and consistent. Hes also actually leading his team to wins. But at the end of the day, I think its obvious who the better PG is


I don't think Irving is better than him yet. Maybe by season's end. I think Holiday cements himself as a top 10 PG this season. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if he was ahead of Lowry. I think Irving can also cement himself this season, but his team is bad. He has to be playing epic ball to merit inclusion over Holiday. And BTW, I LOVE Kyrie Irving.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind
 
ncrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,120
ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I don't think Irving is better than him yet. Maybe by season's end. I think Holiday cements himself as a top 10 PG this season. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if he was ahead of Lowry. I think Irving can also cement himself this season, but his team is bad. He has to be playing epic ball to merit inclusion over Holiday. And BTW, I LOVE Kyrie Irving.

its a tough call either way.
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,657
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I don't think Irving is better than him yet. Maybe by season's end. I think Holiday cements himself as a top 10 PG this season. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if he was ahead of Lowry. I think Irving can also cement himself this season, but his team is bad. He has to be playing epic ball to merit inclusion over Holiday. And BTW, I LOVE Kyrie Irving.

I think it is a little too early to base All-Star selections on team records. The schedules have yet to even out. The Cavs have gone through one of the most difficult stretches I have ever seen a team start the season on. They have already played 13 road games, including a massive west coast swing to open up the season, while Philadelphia has played just eight road games.

I absolutely do not think the Cavs are as bad as their record, when healthy and playing a semi-normal schedule. Would the Sixers be 12-9 playing the Cavs' schedule? I think not.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I think it is a little too early to base All-Star selections on team records. The schedules have yet to even out. The Cavs have gone through one of the most difficult stretches I have ever seen a team start the season on. They have already played 13 road games, including a massive west coast swing to open up the season, while Philadelphia has played just eight road games.

I absolutely do not think the Cavs are as bad as their record, when healthy and playing a semi-normal schedule. Would the Sixers be 12-9 playing the Cavs' schedule? I think not.



I understand that and I don't think you're as bad as your record...but that's based on the movement I expect you to make over the season. Right now, I think the Cavs are legitimately a bad team. Waiters shows talent but he isn't helping them at all. Miles was bad until last night. Thompson is inconsistent.


The Sixers haven't played a soft schedule, tho they have been at home a lot. But regardless, Holiday is playing better. He plays much much much better defense an he's scoring points while dishing assists. They're much better than Cleveland is, while losing Iguodala.

Also, Irving has missed 11 games. I'm not projecting so much as I am going by what has happened so far. Holiday has been a much better individual player.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,657
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I understand that and I don't think you're as bad as your record...but that's based on the movement I expect you to make over the season. Right now, I think the Cavs are legitimately a bad team. Waiters shows talent but he isn't helping them at all. Miles was bad until last night. Thompson is inconsistent.


The Sixers haven't played a soft schedule, tho they have been at home a lot. But regardless, Holiday is playing better. He plays much much much better defense an he's scoring points while dishing assists. They're much better than Cleveland is, while losing Iguodala.

Also, Irving has missed 11 games. I'm not projecting so much as I am going by what has happened so far. Holiday has been a much better individual player.

Well, the Cavs and Sixers have played twice. The Sixers' win in Philadelphia was very close and that is the game after Kyrie suffered the injury with had him out 11 games. He gave it a go, but was clearly hurt. They beat us by a couple points.

We then played the Sixers at home and blew them out without Kyrie. Head-to-head matchups aren't always the best gauge of a team, but they hardly looked like a superior team in either game.

Also, I would argue the Sixers' schedule has been significantly softer.

Philadelphia (12-9)
vs. Denver
@ NYK
vs. NYK
@ New Orleans
@ Boston
@ Toronto
vs. Milwaukee
vs. Detroit
vs. Cleveland
vs. Toronto
@ Cleveland
vs. OKC
vs. Phoenix
vs. Dallas
@ Charlotte
@ Chicago
vs. Minnesota
vs. Boston
@ Boston
vs. Detroit

Cleveland (5-17)
vs. Washington
vs. Chicago
@ Milwaukee
@ LA Clippers
@ GSW
@ Phoenix
@ OKC
@ Brooklyn
vs. Dallas
@ Philadelphia
vs. Philadelphia
@ Orlando
@ Miami
@ Memphis
vs. Phoenix
@ Atlanta
vs. Portland
@ Detroit
vs. Chicago
@ Minnesota
vs. Detroit
vs. LA Lakers

Pretty significant difference, there. Cavs have played more games in the same amount of time, more road games and overall more difficult teams. I seriously doubt Philadelphia would even be .500 against that schedule.

As far as individual performances so far this season, Kyrie has been pretty amazing...

Irving - 35.5 minutes, 23.4 points on 47/42/83, 6.1 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 4.1 turnovers

Holiday - 38.4 minutes, 18.0 points on 45/35/76, 8.9 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 3.8 turnovers

A "much better" individual player? Really?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 12-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Your picks for 2013 NBA All-Stars Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

A "much better" individual player? Really?


I think so because I think Holiday's play goes beyond the numbers. Turner was off to a bad start and he carried them. It's certainly possible that if you switch them Kyrie is playing just as well. But I think Holiday has actually made his team better so far. I don't think Kyrie really has. And the defense is obviously not a part of those numbers.


Now, I do think you have enough talent to improve as the season goes on and by the all-star break be respectable enough to warrant inclusion. But Varejao has been your best player so far. Kyrie has to go crazy to warrant inclusion over Varejao and the team has to get a lot better quick to warrant inclusion of two guys.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy