Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Has Mike Wallace costed himself millions this year?

Unless he signed a multi year contract that I'm not aware of, he will be a free agent this year. He has been pretty medicore so far.

Has he cost himself a huge contract?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Has Mike Wallace costed himself millions this year?

Some team searching for a WR to go along their young QB will bite. He might not get a monster contract like he wanted but he'll get a big pay day. I can easily see a team like Indy, Washington, Miami or Cleveland snagging him to go along with their young/new QB's.

I personally wouldn't go crazy for him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, see Desean Jackson
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He seems like a "catches the improbable/drops the probable" type of guy. He had a ridiculous TD catch against my Bengals, but I see him drop routine throws all the time.
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

The OP talks a lot of football in these here ISH halls, but I'm not entirely sure his opinions are genuinely accepted as surefire NFL real talk. I noticed GOBB call him out in another football thread (actually vintage old school GOBB where he was LOL'n hella hard, wish he'd post like he did in the old days) and OP somewhat folded and curled up into a ball in the corner like Pete always did when talks of ruffies came into play.

OP takes a great deal of pride in his NFL/football knowledge, and expects others on the message board to pay homage. The price however is cheap, and if you ask me, it's going-out-of-business level discount type prices. Prices, dices, Leonardo slices biceps nice as Condoleezza Rice is. Yep. You bet.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw this coming a mile away. His skills as a WR are still pretty raw and he missed all of training camp while the Steelers were implementing a new offense. Holding out was pretty foolish.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I saw this coming a mile away. His skills as a WR are still pretty raw and he missed all of training camp while the Steelers were implementing a new offense. Holding out was pretty foolish.

Risk VS Reward. Unlike MLB and especially the NBA, players more often than not need to "strike while the iron is hot" because in the NFL, anything and everything can happen in the blink of an eye. In the NBA for example, you can go into the off-season having surgery but your skill-set remains the same, and you're evaulated on an entirely different level, in other words meaning your value virtually remains the same as long as your injury isn't something that could be potentially career hindering / career-ending.

In the NFL though, you risk millions by holding out; mainly because of the possibility of a potentially career hindering / career-ending injury. However also just in the case with Mike Wallace - having an "off year" could very well cost him millions. I swear, these athletes these days are so damn greedy, but I think their agents play a huge role into it all as well.

Look at a few seasons ago, when Drew Brees was sweating because the Saints were holding out on giving him super max dollars. They wanted him to play the entire duration of his contract before resigning him, even though he had just won them a freaking Superbowl! I thought that was rather distasteful and disrespectful on the part of the franchise, but at the end of the day, it's a business. What if New Orleans would have signed him, and Week 2 of the season he goes down with a season-ending injury; one that possibly ended his career or at least at being an elite QB. You have to think about these things if you're on the business/ownership side of things.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Risk VS Reward. Unlike MLB and especially the NBA, players more often than not need to "strike while the iron is hot" because in the NFL, anything and everything can happen in the blink of an eye. In the NBA for example, you can go into the off-season having surgery but your skill-set remains the same, and you're evaulated on an entirely different level, in other words meaning your value virtually remains the same as long as your injury isn't something that could be potentially career hindering / career-ending.

In the NFL though, you risk millions by holding out; mainly because of the possibility of a potentially career hindering / career-ending injury. However also just in the case with Mike Wallace - having an "off year" could very well cost him millions. I swear, these athletes these days are so damn greedy, but I think their agents play a huge role into it all as well.

Look at a few seasons ago, when Drew Brees was sweating because the Saints were holding out on giving him super max dollars. They wanted him to play the entire duration of his contract before resigning him, even though he had just won them a freaking Superbowl! I thought that was rather distasteful and disrespectful on the part of the franchise, but at the end of the day, it's a business. What if New Orleans would have signed him, and Week 2 of the season he goes down with a season-ending injury; one that possibly ended his career or at least at being an elite QB. You have to think about these things if you're on the business/ownership side of things.

Yeah, I think Wallace was just in a uniquely poor situation to hold out. He is still a developing talent trying to learn a new offense on the fly. Plus, he was trying to play hardball with an organization who isn't likely to fold in a holdout situation.

Guys like Brees or MJD have more leverage in a holdout situation.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
The OP talks a lot of football in these here ISH halls, but I'm not entirely sure his opinions are genuinely accepted as surefire NFL real talk. I noticed GOBB call him out in another football thread (actually vintage old school GOBB where he was LOL'n hella hard, wish he'd post like he did in the old days) and OP somewhat folded and curled up into a ball in the corner like Pete always did when talks of ruffies came into play.

OP takes a great deal of pride in his NFL/football knowledge, and expects others on the message board to pay homage. The price however is cheap, and if you ask me, it's going-out-of-business level discount type prices. Prices, dices, Leonardo slices biceps nice as Condoleezza Rice is. Yep. You bet.

Fair enough. Can't please everone.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

I can tell you one thing: we won't give him the contract he wants. He's gonna have to make a compromise or leave. He drops too many balls and is a one-trick pony.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sounds like the kind of bum Jerry will waste money on this offseason instead of building the o-line.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He seems like a "catches the improbable/drops the probable" type of guy. He had a ridiculous TD catch against my Bengals, but I see him drop routine throws all the time.

Exactly on point there.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the new TO?
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
stalf
I airball my layups

stalf has an OK reputation so far

again, drops alot of passes that make me
also can catch it and go 50yards after catch, if he gets more consistent, then lookout.

also, dirtyyy fast
stalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

I could see the Rams being very interested in him.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: