Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Knicks and the 1996 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Sorry, but Derek Fisher was garbage.

I bet you think he deserves to be in the hall of fame.
    He was better than anybody the Knicks drafted that season, which was the point and apparently has gone over your head. As a late lottery pick, getting a guy like Fisher would be a nice pick up (considering how much of an iron man and leadership he brought to teams), surrounded by potential hhypothetical of Wallace and Big Z who should become all-stars.

And why the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck would I think he's a hall of famer ? Bait someone else.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    They had 3 first round picks, 18th, 19th and 21st. Which turned out to be 3 busts....

Sr. Forward John Wallace (Syracuse)
    Sr. F Walter McCarty (Kentucky)
    Jr. F Dontae Jones (Mississippi St.)

At the time it looked great for them but whiffing on those 3 picks was a definite set back for years to come.

Their next 1st round pick was in 1999 which was the big white stiff from France that Vince Carter dunked over. Could have had Artest who went to the Bulls with the next pick.
    They won 6 rings afterwards so who cares?

You can't take 3 1st rounders same year. Should've traded all 3 for a better pick. 3 picks move you to 10 or 12? Might as well take Kobe or Nash. Heck are you saying even 2 of those picks couldn't move you even 1 spot? Jermain oneill

Bad scouting. Who knows, maybe bad luck. Maybe they were all over Kobe, Nash, and oneill. Thought they'd all drop?

I hope teams loading up on picks like suns/celtics consolidate their picks and go after specific guys or picks. I want to see some 2 and 3 picks for 1 type trades. Philly doesn't need 3 1sts this year.

Learning to shoot layups ciaguy23's Avatar

hey walter is a legend! (at least in boston he is)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

No one was drafted after them that is worth mentioning. The only thing they could have done is trade the 3 picks for a better earlier pick, but that's not even a guarantee. It's not like the NFL where quantity>quality. In the NBA quality >>>>>>> all.