Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-21-2008, 03:14 AM   #31
AirGordon7
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: 1st Pick

I say if we have a good chance in gettin Brand back then we draft Rose

Other than that i want Mr. Beasley

You cant go wrong with either tho
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #32
marksmith
Saw a basketball once

You take Rose here, I think, although I'd be happy with either.

Let me say this, though. If Chris Paul made Tyson freakin' Chandler an offensive threat, watch what Rose with do with Thomas. Don't go crazy with keeping Gooden - remember, he's always an injury away from sitting out the season.

If we can go:

Rose/Duhon
Hinrich/Hughes
Sefolosha/Nocioni
Thomas/Gooden
Noah/Grey

I'd be extremely happy with that.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

thomas is too short to be a pf... come playoff time he will get crushed... if you guys will pick rose over beasley... let go of hinrich and gordon go after eb or zbo...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #34
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

At this point in time Tyrus would get crushed in the playoffs by other bigger PF's but he is still 21 years old and has a way to go in developing. Just like MARKSMITH said, Rose could make Tyrus' offensive game nice. Rose would set him up for 10 points in just alley-oops. If Tyrus' body ever filled out like 10 to 20 more pounds he would be perfect for PF. Tyrus' athletic ability can help him make up the pounds or inches he doesn't have in the post.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #35
buechlerforthree
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I wouldn't mind Rose and Hinrich, but if I was in the spot, I wouldn't pass on Beasley. A big man who can move like that - he is Melo but 3 inches taller. I like Rose, but Beasley with Deng and Hinrich - think of the room that would open up.

But then again...I am not going to be dissapointed with either pick. I still think Gordon should be gone though.

MUST be Rose. I like Hinrich and all, but can anyone REALLY see us going to the ECF let alone the Big Show with Hinrich at point? Rose could end up being CP3, he is one of the best true point guards to come out of college in years, some say the best since Isiah. The kid is a Chi-Town legend!!

Also, Could you imagine if we were able to toss Gordon and Nocioni and Larry Hughes and end up with a guy like Brand? I dont have the numbers in front of me, but there are so many great free agents out there, and I see this pick giving Paxson the peace of mind to make some deals this summer.

HUGE night for the Bulls and their fans!! This is everything this team needed. I'm still in disbelief.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #36
Dengness9

Buechler you said it well. Rose is Chi-town legend and now we have that amazing player that helps the Bulls to trade other players to get another big name.

I am still in disbelief as well. This is so awesome. The Bulls 09 roster could be filthy looking.

Rose is the next CP3 but bigger y'all.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #37
Deng13
Saw a basketball once

Do you guys think its possible to get Carmelo by trading a combination of, kirk, gordon, or and hughes with some draft picks. If we could do that we could move Deng to SG. Then our lineup would look like this.

Pg- Derrick Rose
Sg- Luol Deng/Thabo
Sf- Carmelo/Noce
Pf- TT/Gooden
C- Noah/Gray

our backup point guard could be james on curry or whoever i dont really care....

Thats a killer line up with decent Defense.
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #38
Dengness9

Denver would probably need Deng included to take Melo's place. I would suspect a deal like Hinrich, Deng, Gooden or Thomas, a filler and possibly future draft picks for Melo and Camby. I think the Nuggs want to rebuild, and NOT around Melo. IF they are rebuilding they would trade Camby too before he is too old and loses all trade value.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #39
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: 1st Pick

Why would you would draft Rose and then trade TT? Everyone knows a great PG would make him into the guy Paxson thought he would be on draft day two years ago. He is the one guy that would benefit most from having Rose on the team. I don't know about Beasley's defense, but Rose was amazing, especially in the tournament against the other team's best guard. He is a much better floor leader than Hinrich, and Kirk would probably fare much better coming off screens and shooting instead of running the show.

Last year, our big men were the only thing keeping us in games. Gordon couldn't find a stroke, Deng had an off-year because everyone knew he was our best player, and only later in the season did things start to gel with TT, Noah, and Gray. Not to mention we have Cedric Simmons, who was a lottery pick himself only two years ago. We are fine with big men. Who are you going to get rid of if you draft Beasley? I don't want to trade TT, I would love to hang onto Gooden since he will be a $7 million expirer this year and showed flashes of 20/10 skill before getting hurt, Noah isn't going anywhere, and Gray filled in admirably (I will forever love him for the show he put on in the last game of the season when I was at the game) when given the PT.

Also, with Rose, you get a guard that can actually dunk the ball! Hinrich doesn't do it, I'm pretty sure Gordon would get blocked trying to dunk, like he does every other time he goes to the rim, and Hughes doesn't bother most of the time. We need someone that can finish strong at the hoop and make opposing players think twice about going up for a block. No more blocks from behind on fast break layups. No more failed attempts at pick and rolls because the PG can't dribble.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #40
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
6'3" for a point guard is great size, and Hinrich's height was never a problem. It was Gordon, who we don't have to worry about resigning if we draft Rose.

I was talking about Kirk Hinrich playing at the 2 guard spot. He is 6'3 and Derrick Rose is 6'3. Two 6'3 guys can't dominate a backcourt.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #41
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
I really think you underestimate how much a strong post presence can help making everything else easier. Look at the four times left right now. Lakers, they didn't become a title contender until Pau got there. Spurs, Duncan. Celtics, Garnett has been the only consistent player for the Celtics in the playoffs, and is a huge reason why this team was so great in the regular season. Pistons, the trade for Sheed in 2004 is what made this team a title contender out of the East every year since.

Now of those four teams Chauncey and Tony Parker are all-star point guards but there's no denying that they wouldn't still be in the playoffs without their big men. You start from the inside out and passing on Beasley would be a big mistake.

You can't compare Chicago's roster to any of the 4 teams left. There's a reason they are where they are at and there's a reason Chicago is picking #1. Teams that win championships tend to have 2 superstars. So of course those teams left all have that. We're talking 1 pick and 1 potential superstar to build around. Either way Chicago will get a good player. I think if they want to win championships, they draft Rose. It may take another year to get to where they want by doing so but will pay off in dividends in the long run. If they want to put a team on the floor that makes it to the playoffs and that's good enough, they draft Beasley. Beasley had good games in the NCAA tournament. He didn't make his teamates any better. The inside out game didn't help his gaurds.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #42
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: 1st Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I was talking about Kirk Hinrich playing at the 2 guard spot. He is 6'3 and Derrick Rose is 6'3. Two 6'3 guys can't dominate a backcourt.

Hinrich has never had a problem guarding taller guards, and if he is really struggling, then we bring in Thabo to hound the guy all over the court. No problems there.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #43
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

sorry guys im reposting this!!! i posted this on scenerios for rose and beasley earlier tell me your thoughts

redd is not worth the money, he has a ridiculous contract like 5 yr 48 mill or something like that, he's not worth it!

for like the 5th time, trade luol for charlie vee and the #8 pick, with someone like kevin love, darrell arthur, deandre jordan, even a mareese speights will be available, at least three of those guys will be available by pick #8, than you can trade hinrich to miami for dorell wright and there 2nd round pick which is really a late 1st rounder and get someone possibly like CDR, sasha kahn etc. this is a very deep class, its so deep teams are gonna grab players that weren't drafted and theyll make rosters, you plug in noc as the starting sf (who style is different from deng but puts up identical #'s given the same minutes) and dorell wright can back up noc, charlie vee is gonna thrive with rose in the back court at 6'11 athletic pf who can stroke it outside or that can penetrate and thread a no looker to a streaking tyrus, and these players will play CHEAP!

with that being said, there is no question we're drafting rose, i don't care what the media says what pax says, PAX IS DRAFTING ROSE! no doubt about it! he just doesn't want to flat out say it cuz thats not his JOB! during paxs first draft with the bulls as gm, there was a young fellow named dwayne wade that the bulls were supposed to get at #7 everybody and there mommas knew about it, pax didn't feel the urge to trade up cuz there were other players in the draft by the names of james, melo, bosh, dorko, kaman, hinrich, etc. at the time hinrich was the best pg available and was projected from #4 to #7, miami which had the #5 pick at the time needed a C, and pg bad that year, and riley let it be known he was looking hard at kaman, and hinrich, riley brought in kaman/hinrich to work out 3 times, and wade only once while the bulls brought in wade 3 times, EVERYBODY thought riley was grabbin kaman, than pick #5 came and surprise surprise miami picks dwayne wade! paxson was stunned! after the draft riley did a interview and admitted they were eyeing dwayne wade the whole time since the lottery order was selected and there was no question they were drafting wade and that they felt they got a very very special player in wade

all in all, riley schooled pax in his first year and tought pax a good valuable lesson in drafting, predrafts is all about deception to gain a competitive advantage

this is payback time for pax, he's not going to admit who he's taking, but don't be surprised if media reports pax is leaning towards beasley, cuz then draft day comes he's grabbin rose with out question.

how many good/great pfs are avialable as free agents every year? at least one or two every year, what about good/great pgs? maybe once every other year, or every three years, franchise pgs don't come around that often, and if they do, they are locked up, look at deron, and paul they will more than likely finish there careers with who there with, while big name pf's are always talked about in trades/free agents

pax is drafting rose no ifs and buts about it!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #44
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
You take Rose here, I think, although I'd be happy with either.

Let me say this, though. If Chris Paul made Tyson freakin' Chandler an offensive threat, watch what Rose with do with Thomas. Don't go crazy with keeping Gooden - remember, he's always an injury away from sitting out the season.

If we can go:

Rose/Duhon
Hinrich/Hughes
Sefolosha/Nocioni
Thomas/Gooden
Noah/Grey

I'd be extremely happy with that.

u shouldnt be because we would have a 6'3 back court and our sg would be shooting 40% from the field... we would suck
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #45
sprtsgy0372
Saw a basketball once

Ok understand this i didnt have any time to really watch the Bulls games this year i caught maybe about 21 of the first games or something like that.

So if you could fill me in on why everyone wants/thinks that Ben Gordon will be gone next year because im confused when I was glancing at his stats it didnt seen like he did too bad this year just a little off year maybe.

But anyways here is what i think the Bulls should do with the 1st pick, Draft Beasley.

After taking Beasley i think they should trade for a better PG than Hinrich. I think they should trade like Kirk and someone else for a young guy like Jose Calderon on Toronto. I think he is a better point guard than hinrich hes young and he still has a lot of potential in my eyes. He also is pretty good at spreding the defense and moving the ball around the floor and that would compliment Beasley and get Gordon some good open shots occasionally well i think.

That said our line-up could look like this if it plays out like that
PG-Calderon
SG-Gordon (if he stays??)
SF-Deng
PF-Beasley
C-Noah

Bench (depends on who would be included in the trade if anyone would be)-
Nocioni, Thomas, Sefolosha, Hughes, and Gooden

That would be a great team in my view. Either way though im good with Rose or Beasley. I would like Rose better if I thought he fit the team better because he will defiantely be one of my favorite players in the NBA

Last edited by sprtsgy0372 : 05-22-2008 at 09:53 PM.
sprtsgy0372 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: