Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
bullsfan
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default 1st Pick

O yes who we pick
bullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
meanmonster
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: 1st Pick

It has to be Beastly.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
bullsfan
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Hell no home town hero Rose Trade Henrich
bullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
lil baller
wade=mvp

so u want rose over beasly even though u have a good pg
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsfan
Hell no home town hero Rose Trade Henrich

Yep your a good fan, you know how to spell your starting point guards name.

HINRICH.

I say take Beasley.

Trade off Tyrus and either Gordon or Hughes.

Hell if you draft Rose you would be able to move Hinrich to the 2 guard.

Or trade down and grab a big name. You know the Nuggets would want a guy like Beasley - Melo?
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

u have to get a true point guard...they make the team go...cp3....nash...ECT...also hinrich isn't a true pg anyway...we have to draft derrick rose....
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCC2MuCh
u have to get a true point guard...they make the team go...cp3....nash...ECT...also hinrich isn't a true pg anyway...we have to draft derrick rose....

Rather than get a dominate inside guy? A guy who will probably be able to put up 20/10 in his rookie season. Offensive end, he already has everything - post moves, a touch, you name it he has it. Defense could get better - but you don't pass on a guy like Beasley. A guy who put huge numbers up on a subpar team.

And we have Hinrich, while he isn't a 'true' point guard. He knows how to play the game. And put "Mike" on his team he is going to get even better.

Chicago needs a new Mike - here is the chance.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

I'd say we take Beasley. But at least this pick gives Paxson a lot more flexibility to make moves in case he ever thought about packaging the pick for a star player.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: 1st Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Yep your a good fan, you know how to spell your starting point guards name.

HINRICH.

I say take Beasley.

Trade off Tyrus and either Gordon or Hughes.

Hell if you draft Rose you would be able to move Hinrich to the 2 guard.

Or trade down and grab a big name. You know the Nuggets would want a guy like Beasley - Melo?

You gotta take Rose. He is the point guard that will finally help TT reach his full potential, and will definitely make everyone on the team better. Our problems have been the PG play, with not enough quickness or height. Rose solves all our problems. We have enough big men, and we haven't had a real point guard since the first/only season of Jay Williams. Get rid of Gordon, let Hinrich start at the 2, and then we have Thabo and Hughes to come off the bench. We have no room for Beasley, as much as I hate to say it, because everyone complains already that we don't get our young bigs enough playing time. Gooden and TT at the 4 basically takes away most of the PT, and we can't really sit either of them.

You can't trade this pick, because either Beasley or Rose will be the face of the franchise for years to come. Unless NO wants to give us Chris Paul or Utah wants to give us Deron Williams, I really wouldn't trade the pick.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
You gotta take Rose. He is the point guard that will finally help TT reach his full potential, and will definitely make everyone on the team better. Our problems have been the PG play, with not enough quickness or height. Rose solves all our problems. We have enough big men, and we haven't had a real point guard since the first/only season of Jay Williams. Get rid of Gordon, let Hinrich start at the 2, and then we have Thabo and Hughes to come off the bench. We have no room for Beasley, as much as I hate to say it, because everyone complains already that we don't get our young bigs enough playing time. Gooden and TT at the 4 basically takes away most of the PT, and we can't really sit either of them.

You can't trade this pick, because either Beasley or Rose will be the face of the franchise for years to come. Unless NO wants to give us Chris Paul or Utah wants to give us Deron Williams, I really wouldn't trade the pick.

I wouldn't mind Rose and Hinrich, but if I was in the spot, I wouldn't pass on Beasley. A big man who can move like that - he is Melo but 3 inches taller. I like Rose, but Beasley with Deng and Hinrich - think of the room that would open up.

But then again...I am not going to be dissapointed with either pick. I still think Gordon should be gone though.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
ILballa
National High School Star

I wasn't home during the lottery so I was very surprised when I came home and found out the great news.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I wasn't home during the lottery so I was very surprised when I came home and found out the great news.

Same here, I just came from work a minute ago and I'm also really surprised. The Bulls got extremely lucky, it was almost impossible to happen.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

As much as I'd like Beasley I think a true point gaurd with such abilities could set a team in the right path for many years. Hinrich is more of a 2 gaurd anyway and he could be big piece in trying to land a major player to the mix.
Rose>Hinrich
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #14
kshutts1
College superstar

With our current roster, we need Beasley more than Rose. We have a legit starting PG in Hinrich, maybe he's not the best, but he's solid. Our bigs are weak, and we need a go to scorer. Beasley can fit both those roles. The only way I want to see Rose picked is if we trade off Hinrich for another go-to scorer.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Oh man... I was depressed at work all day (very busy) and this completely changed my mood. This is freaking awesome!! Going from people saying number 9 to the first pick. There is so many things Paxson can do with this now. They can draft Michael Beasley or they can trade the pick to a team that wants it bad enough (Clippers?) for Elton Brand. Or maybe the Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: