Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
rob30
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: ...Now we desperately need to trade for Jackson or Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Apparently, im the only one concerned. We just lost to the clippers at home.And they beat us on the boards. Im hoping asik finds his niche but. Last night was a bad sign. Were in a weak part of the schedule and really need to capitaize off it. Going 500 ain't gonna cut it. Noah or no noah.

If we play 500 ball over the next few weeks vs the scrub teams, just think what's gonna happen when we start another tough part? Now granted gibson had a concussion and didn't play most of the game. But im just sayn, im a little concerned right now.
they beat us on the boards 38 to 37.
rob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

Quote:
Deng at the 4? Still too small. And he another guy that roams the perimeter.

We've used Deng at the 4 in the past and had good results. If we used that lineup we should run all the time. If used it for 3 to 6 minute stretches it could give teams trouble. We could have Rose, Brewer, JJ, Deng, and Asik. That way we can still play D and rebound but also try and score in transition.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30
they beat us on the boards 38 to 37.
That's the bulls strength. Getting beat by the clippers on the boards is terrible. Especially when they don't have kamen.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #19
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year

it's one freaking rebound! It's not like it was by 15+ Calm down.

Overreaction thread is overreacting.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #20
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
it's one freaking rebound! It's not like it was by 15+ Calm down.

Overreaction thread is overreacting.
I don't think its overreacting. Look at the circumstances. Im not saying trade rose and deng for dwight howard or anything. Im looking at how we lost. If it was the lakers sure. But its the clippers. And let me aske you this. If taj is out due to that concussion for a few games, or if asik and boozer get into foul trouble like they did vs the clippers, and we must rely on kurt thomas and brian scalabrine to play big minutes, for the next 25 games. that don't make you a little uncomfortable?

And I feel we need to try to take advantage of this soft spot in the schedule. We don't need anything great just another young banger. I mean, were talking about 2 months here. Come on
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I don't think its overreacting. Look at the circumstances. Im not saying trade rose and deng for dwight howard or anything. Im looking at how we lost. If it was the lakers sure. But its the clippers. And let me aske you this. If taj is out due to that concussion for a few games, or if asik and boozer get into foul trouble like they did vs the clippers, and we must rely on kurt thomas and brian scalabrine to play big minutes, for the next 25 games. that don't make you a little uncomfortable?

And I feel we need to try to take advantage of this soft spot in the schedule. We don't need anything great just another young banger. I mean, were talking about 2 months here. Come on
How we lost was them playing like shit. That's not on Noah. Asik was lathargic and had aligator arms. Taj got a concussion, so that affected the game too. Rose put the team on his back, but shouldnt have had to. This loss wasn't due to Noah not being there, it was due to lack of effort.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #22
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
How we lost was them playing like shit. That's not on Noah. Asik was lathargic and had aligator arms. Taj got a concussion, so that affected the game too. Rose put the team on his back, but shouldnt have had to. This loss wasn't due to Noah not being there, it was due to lack of effort.
And ill ask again. What are scals and thomas gonna do differently if they end up playing 20 minutes a game? Asik isnt ready to play 30 minutes a game. They are what we saw vs the clippers. I hate to say it. But this is why the lakers and celtics are always competing for championships. They go out and fill needs. Especially the lakers. They loose theo ratliff and they trade for joe smith. Why be content with putting that kind of pressure on rose and boozer? And im not blaming noah. Im used the dwight howard analogy to show that were not askeing to redo the whole roster. Just get a guy that can bang for 10 minutes

But I will concede this is only one game. I just feel why wait? What's it gonna hurt? Im a proactive not reactive type of guy.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Stating that we are desperate is an overreaction but the truth of the matter is that we do have needs and holes to fill so if the oppurtunity presents itself we absolutely need to be proactive.

We need another big and a sg. That's obvious to everyone. Those two things would make an already great team that much better.

I was in favor of going out to get another big before the season even started so now that Noah is out for so long we definately need anohter big.

Losses to the Clippers can't happen. If we want to stay in the running for the 2-4 seed in the East while Noah is injured then those are games we need to win. Some things went against us that game for sure, but we have to have another big on the bench that can step in and contribute in those types of cases.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Stating that we are desperate is an overreaction but the truth of the matter is that we do have needs and holes to fill so if the oppurtunity presents itself we absolutely need to be proactive.

We need another big and a sg. That's obvious to everyone. Those two things would make an already great team that much better.

I was in favor of going out to get another big before the season even started so now that Noah is out for so long we definately need anohter big.

Losses to the Clippers can't happen. If we want to stay in the running for the 2-4 seed in the East while Noah is injured then those are games we need to win. Some things went against us that game for sure, but we have to have another big on the bench that can step in and contribute in those types of cases.
Exactly. And if ljssb27 says it, it must be correct
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: