Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: If LeBron Wins w/this Roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom84
    I'm talking about Lebron leadership and his ability to elevate his teammates level of play. You replace Lebron and you think these Cavs are able to compete at this level. That is what you can't wrap your head around.

P.S: It must be nice playing with the best player in the world and knowing full well he has your back.
    Flawed reasoning. Obviously James is the head of the beast. My point is that far tooboften we loose sight of the contributions of the team. Almost as if the team is in said player way.

I keep hearing terms like "dragging", and "bumbs", bumbs don't shut down MVPs the way Delivadova did Curry. Mozgov played like a domianat center last night. Thompson has been rebounding like a maniac and once again had a great game. Are they name players? No. But they are playing great.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Flawed reasoning. Obviously James is the head of the beast. My point is that far tooboften we loose sight of the contributions of the team. Almost as if the team is in said player way.

I keep hearing terms like "dragging", and "bumbs", bumbs don't shut down MVPs the way Delivadova did Curry. Mozgov played like a domianat center last night. Thompson has been rebounding like a maniac and once again had a great game. Are they name players? No. But they are playing great.
    What is so flawed with my reasoning? Is Lebron not elevating the level of play from his teammates? Are these guys not getting good looks due to Lebron? Obviously, basketball is a team sport and you need contribution from your teammates in order to win. However, I am not going to sit here and act like Lebron is surrounded with a bunch of NBA starters.

Delly - Beside playing tenacious D, what else did he offer. He shot 3-10 and had 6 TOs. The dude can barely dribble the ball up the court. He is a bench player.

TT - Beside the 14 rebounds he offered nothing on the offensive end. He almost cost them the game because the guy can't even knock down his free throw.

Mozgov - He showed up

Imam - Beside playing defense he offered nothing on the offensive end just like TT

JR - This dope was trying to lose the game lol

JJ - This guy can do absolutely nothing without Lebron giving him open looks

MM - The guy corpse was on the floor

Lebron can't even rest more than four minutes in the game because Moncrief and Dennis Rodman are absolute shit on the offensive end. I don't want to downplay these guys contribution because they really play their heart out but they are not very good players. This team is on the level of 07 Cav and 01 Sixers bad.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    So he's the GOAT if he wins the first legit ring of his career?

Kobe's done what LeBalds doing and ended up winning 5 times.

5>1
    3/6 >>> 2/7

If he wins with this shitty lineup, I'll give him his props.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

P.S: It must be nice playing with the best player in the world and knowing full well he has your back.
    No doubt.

It's like going into a street fight, except the guy that's kicked everyone's arse in the neighborhood is on your side. Of course that's going to have you thinking you're going to win.

What is so flawed with my reasoning? Is Lebron not elevating the level of play from his teammates? Are these guys not getting good looks due to Lebron? Obviously, basketball is a team sport and you need contribution from your teammates in order to win. However, I am not going to sit here and act like Lebron is surrounded with a bunch of NBA starters.
    Thompson, Mozgov, and Smith are starting caliber type players. Come on.

Delly - Beside playing tenacious D, what else did he offer. He shot 3-10 and had 6 TOs. The dude can barely dribble the ball up the court. He is a bench player.
    Lol. The dude held the MVP, record setting, and leader of the 67 win Warriors to 5/23 shooting. Lebron James shot 32%. Hell he scored 38 pts on 34 shots and 18 FTs.

TT - Beside the 14 rebounds he offered nothing on the offensive end. He almost cost them the game because the guy can't even knock down his free throw.
    Lol. James missed a crucial FT as well. And he blew the game winning layup (even though he was fouled).

Mozgov - He showed up
    Thnx for not calling me a total liar.

Imam - Beside playing defense he offered nothing on the offensive end just like TT
    I dont even feel he played that well. Thompson lit him up.

JR - This dope was trying to lose the game lol
    I agree

JJ - This guy can do absolutely nothing without Lebron giving him open looks
    And he makes James job easier because he makes them pay if they doubke off him.

MM - The guy corpse was on the floor

Lebron can't even rest more than four minutes in the game because Moncrief and Dennis Rodman are absolute shit on the offensive end. I don't want to downplay these guys contribution because they really play their heart out but they are not very good players. This team is on the level of 07 Cav and 01 Sixers bad.
    Ok. Regardless of what you think they are or their reputation. They are comming to play. James is not out there on an island. If these guys play according to their rep, the Cavs would loose in three games not four. If hadnt seen the game and just read some of the comments in this forum, id be led to believe that the whole team played like hot garbage and James did everything on his own. Thats a bold faced lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktion
    If he wins with this shitty lineup, I'll give him his props.
    If he wins with the lineup playing like sht you mean.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Worst supporting cast for a Finals team in NBA history. Wow. If LeBron somehow pulls this one out, he'll easily be top 3 all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Just a question for all: If LeBron James wins with this extremely weak supporting cast will it change your mind one way or another about him?

His supporting cast is one of the weakest I have ever witnessed in the finals. Dirks with the Mavs was pretty weak too, but was chopped full of solid veterans like Kidd, Terry, Chandler etc

While I don't think he will ever surpass MJ as the GOAT, winning with this roster would really boost his case, and should silence some of the critics who say he can't win without a stacked roster.

Thoughts?
    If he wins, he'd have his first legit chip. Even though he's the best player on either team, I don't think he can sustain throughout the series. He's going to have some "crash" games. The longer the series goes, the better chance he loses.

[QUOTE=6 for 24]Most likely LeBron stumbled upon my PER

Top 5-8 if he wins with this cast.

If LeBron were not on the Cavs do you think this team/players would be performing as well as they are currently? -absolutely not, and that's the point.

Tristan Thompson is a solid bench player, fringe starter.
    Delevadova would be lucky to even get more than 15mpg on most NBA teams.
    JR Smith is a chucker.
    Iman plays good defense but can't shoot.
    James Jones. Lol
    Mozgov had good size and thanks to LeBron has greatly improved his game (did u see him with the Knicks and Nugs?)

Yes, these guys are performing well as a unit, but quite obviously, these guys have no shot at even sniffing the playoffs without LeBron.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Top 5-8 if he wins with this cast.

I feel like if Cleveland wins this series, Lebron goes surpasses Kobe in a lot of peoples eyes. I have him now at my number 9 position. It would move him top 5 to me.