Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Lost worth watching for me?

Sounds like it had GOAT potential but disappointed/could have been better.. I guess I will still watch, done with the first ep right now, (spoiler) hard to think of any other way that pilot died than there being someone else, tbh.. and for the rest, the underwhelming part, I'll just try to ignore it or go with the imaginary ending to complete it.

I'm also deciding between Lost and The Wire. Might have to try and find an HD version of The Wire and see if the unintended mistakes in it don't make this too bad (show wasn't meant to be 16:9 HD, things show up that weren't supposed to be there.)

You ever finish MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    I'm also deciding between Lost and The Wire. Might have to try and find an HD version of The Wire and see if the unintended mistakes in it don't make this too bad (show wasn't meant to be 16:9 HD, things show up that weren't supposed to be there.)

You ever finish MM?
    Since I have Netflix right now, I really wanna try take an advantage of the HD and watch something on Netflix.. also, its hard to go back in terms of quality.. I would continue MM but its not available on Netflix Germany

Is "The Wire" on Netflix or HULU PLUS? I have both. I never checked it out. Lost had SUCH a great concept. I mean.. honestly. Stranded on an island after a few people survive from a plane crash. Each person has a past to them. It just started getting out of hand when they incorporated their silly shit. Honestly. THREE seasons MAX. To finish off the show. That's all they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Is "The Wire" on Netflix or HULU PLUS? I have both. I never checked it out. Lost had SUCH a great concept. I mean.. honestly. Stranded on an island after a few people survive from a plane crash. Each person has a past to them. It just started getting out of hand when they incorporated their silly shit. Honestly. THREE seasons MAX. To finish off the show. That's all they needed.
    I think not

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    I think not
    You fcking hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You fcking hoe.
    Blame HBO

I hated the Finale, but it's a fun ride. I would recommend it, but if you haven't seen The Sopranoes are into mob/crime stuff that is the best show ever.

If you like a handful of interesting characters arguing, people motivated by questionable reasons just to hide the mystery, and questions raised that never get answered, you might be into this show.

For what it's worth, my girl and I marathoned it a couple years back. The cliffhanger ending of each episode keeps you watching, but overall I'd say it's an average show with occasional glimpses of greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101

You ever finish MM?
    Jesus Christ, if your choices are either Lost or The Wire, you fvcking jump on the Wire and don't look back.

Home of the 16

The ending confused the shit out of me. You should watch it, though. I fell inlove with the characters, as soon as that happened, I didn't care much about the plot. Well, I did hate Mr. Miyagi in the end. Shit was ridiculous. Everyone roamed around like they're at their house.

"Hi, Kate, nice to meet you here."
    "Hi, Jack."
    High-five then they go on about their business.

Last season was a mess.

It took me about a month and half to finish the show on Netflix.

Well I just did the 2nd episode.. really liked it, mysterious, exciting.. want Zen's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This is how Lost goes:

Season 1 - "This might be one of the greatest shows of all time"
    Season 2 - "Damn this show is truly incredible, still on pace for one of the greatest ever"
    Season 3 - "Hmm maybe not the greatest ever but damn good. Wish there was some closure though"
    Season 4 - "What is this bullshit? This shit is becoming terrible"
    Season 5 - didn't watch. Thank god.

Season 1 is worth watching by itself, if you stop after. But if you watch it you'll probably keep watching, so might as well just skip that piece of shit show all together. Watch the wire like said above.
    just checked the seasons, what about season 6 btw?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Jesus Christ, if your choices are either Lost or The Wire, you fvcking jump on the Wire and don't look back.
    I have a bunch of stuff listed to go check out, and I'm sure there is better than Lost out there (like Wire or Sopranos), but right now, I would rather watch this.. you need to be comfortable with what you're starting imo, I'm just going for what I feel for atm. Someone suggested Death Note a while ago to me, didn't feel it yet going over a quick description and what not, but now I'm getting closer to the idea of watching that.. It builds up, then you start at the opportune time.

Don't listen to people bitching about Lost. Assuming you're not going to die in the next 6 months you should take the time to watch Lost, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, True Detective, etc. They all have their pluses and minuses but they're all great television shows that have arguments for being the top 10 all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I have a bunch of stuff listed to go check out, and I'm sure there is better than Lost out there (like Wire or Sopranos), but right now, I would rather watch this.. you need to be comfortable with what you're starting imo, I'm just going for what I feel for atm. Someone suggested Death Note a while ago to me, didn't feel it yet going over a quick description and what not, but now I'm getting closer to the idea of watching that.. It builds up, then you start at the opportune time.
    death note are fk**ing SICK man that are also one the best show i have ever watch and i dont watch anime at all , but it are VERY good from 1st episode to last , it are on same level as breaking bad and lost and so on for me