Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    I'm rock hard
    Solid snake

This is a sequel to Peace Walker by the way which should have been MGS5. Phantom Pain should actually be MGS6. Way to confuse people..

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Just tell me when I can buy it. I don't need pre-hype -_-

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Just tell me when I can buy it. I don't need pre-hype -_-
    Not til next year. Probably fall 2015.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    This is a sequel to Peace Walker by the way which should have been MGS5. Phantom Pain should actually be MGS6. Way to confuse people..
    That's Kojima trademark.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I've been reading about the features of the MGS5. It's going to be awesome.

* There's a day/night cycle. Some missions appear to be timed. Like in the beginning of MGS5, you would have to recuse Kaz within 3 days.

*Customize your base of operation.

*You base can be attacked by NCPs. Who will attack your base depends on your choices in the game. You can also invite your friends to your base or they can attack it as well.

*Recruit soldiers. They have a level system. You can personally train them if you want and their morale would get boast by your presence. It'll be useful when defending attackers.

*Many of the complaints of Ground Zeros seems to be address in MGS5. You can hide yourself and bodies in dumpsters. More interior buildings. Guards don't have instant alert anymore. Cardboard boxes make a return. While wall knocking isn't returning, you can do something with your mechanical hand to make noise.

*Dynamic weather

*Fulton recovery system makes a return. It cost money to do it now. The success of a fulton of a person/vehicle/object depends on the weather condition.

There's also some new animation of CQC and BB overall movement. I'm just worry about the Fulton recovery system. I would like there be more of a limit than just money. Maybe if you fulton ppl, you'll attract guards or something. I dunno. Like near the end of this vid, the dude fulton any object he can get his hand on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw-w5C45gs

^so good. The head slam against the wall with blood was really cool.

Rank the metal gears..

^so good. The head slam against the wall with blood was really cool.

Rank the metal gears..
    I'll come back with my list when I put more thought into it lol

NBA rookie of the year

My favorite video game series.

Its really more a work of art.

1. MGS series
    2. Fallout series
    3. GTA series
    4. Mario Franchise
    5. The last of us

the ones on ps1 and ps2 were the shit but mgs4 on ps3 was garbage to me

I got it as..

1. Metal Gear Solid (i think nostalgia plays a huge influence, but it's all the little moments in this game that make it a classic. the foxhound unit in that game is my fav team of villians in any video game. Meryl getting sniped and having to run back to find a sniper rifle, psycho mantis, sniper world's death, the ninja fight, the codec conversations, vulcan raven's second boss fight, liquid being master miller, and when Rex is activated were just EPIC. I for some reason as a kid didn't think Rex would get activated, so when it did i literally paused the game stepped out the room and had to take a breath and regroup because of the severity of that situation lol)
    2. Metal Gear Solid 3 ( it had the best story and ending. if this game came out before MGS1 it would probably be my favorite)
    3. Metal Gear Solid 4
    4. Metal Gear Solid 2 (huge let down)

I haven't played Peace Walker yet, but something tells me this was slip into #2 or #3.

I plan on re-buying a PS3 when I have downtime and getting the HD collection and Ground Zeroes to prep for MGS5.

I still to this day hope for a "true" sequel to Metal Gear Solid 1. I'm talking a young Solid Snake continuing after Shadows Moses. A game in between MGS1 and MGS2, OR if they go prequel, then a game about Solid Snake fighting Big Boss ( recreating the original Metal Gear) is something I want. I'm hoping that game is MGS6. Although the MGS series is great, it's a bit like the Matrix, the original was a game changer, then the sequels switched it up and got too complex straying from the charm of the original.

I want to play as THIS version of Snake. This IS Snake to me. Not Old Snake, not naked snake, not punished snake, not venom Snake. SOLID SNAKE is this, and he deserves a true sequel

Last edited by BigBoss; 06-13-2014 at 10:02 PM.

OR if they go prequel, then a game about Solid Snake fighting Big Boss ( recreating the original Metal Gear) is something I want.
    How do we know that won't be in The Phantom Pain? I have a feeling that will be the ending. Hayter will return as Solid Snake. They've just been keeping it a secret.

I got it as..

1. Metal Gear Solid (i think nostalgia plays a huge influence, but it's all the little moments in this game that make it a classic. the foxhound unit in that game is my fav team of villians in any video game. Meryl getting sniped and having to run back to find a sniper rifle, psycho mantis, sniper world's death, the ninja fight, the codec conversations, vulcan raven's second boss fight, liquid being master miller, and when Rex is activated were just EPIC. I for some reason as a kid didn't think Rex would get activated, so when it did i literally paused the game stepped out the room and had to take a breath and regroup because of the severity of that situation lol)
    2. Metal Gear Solid 3 ( it had the best story and ending. if this game came out before MGS1 it would probably be my favorite)
    3. Metal Gear Solid 4
    4. Metal Gear Solid 2 (huge let down)

I haven't played Peace Walker yet, but something tells me this was slip into #2 or #3.

I plan on re-buying a PS3 when I have downtime and getting the HD collection and Ground Zeroes to prep for MGS5.

I still to this day hope for a "true" sequel to Metal Gear Solid 1. I'm talking a young Solid Snake continuing after Shadows Moses. A game in between MGS1 and MGS2, OR if they go prequel, then a game about Solid Snake fighting Big Boss ( recreating the original Metal Gear) is something I want. I'm hoping that game is MGS6. Although the MGS series is great, it's a bit like the Matrix, the original was a game changer, then the sequels switched it up and got too complex straying from the charm of the original.

I want to play as THIS version of Snake. This IS Snake to me. Not Old Snake, not naked snake, not punished snake, not venom Snake. SOLID SNAKE is this, and he deserves a true sequel

Yeah, wish they'd either remake MGS, or remake and revamp the old metal gears.

Want to play MGS again but think the technology drop off would just be too great.

Isn't MGS5 supposed to be the last metal gear solid game by Kojima?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    How do we know that won't be in The Phantom Pain? I have a feeling that will be the ending. Hayter will return as Solid Snake. They've just been keeping it a secret.
    I think so too, at least in the end credits they'll probably introduce it. I think the blonde kid in the game defiantly is Liquid, and Big Boss will find out that he has a twin at the very end. Phantom takes place in 1985. The original Metal Gear takes place in 1995 and introduces Outer Heaven and Grey Fox.

He's artist's rendition of the final Snake/Big Boss fight.

The transformation is almost complete.

Is anybody else getting a Star Wars vibe to all of this?

Big Boss--> Darth Vader
    The Boss--> Obi Wan Kenobi

Naked Snake--> Anakin Skywalker episode 1/2.
    Punished/Venom Snake-->Anakin Skywalker Episode 3.

Solid Snake--Luke Skywalker
    Darth Vader/Big Boss had twins

Outer Haven/Metal Gear/Arsenal Gear-->The Death star.
    The Patriots-->The Empire

Metal Gear 5 basically being his transformation to Darth Vader, or Snake-->Big Boss we all know.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-14-2014 at 08:17 PM.